2013 Behind The Draft, Oct 25th

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah it was pretty boring.

Leafs wanted to move up to 8-15 but couldnt.

Chicago wanted to swap first round picks with the leafs while adding in Bolland, Leafs didnt want to do that.

Basically it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Chicago wanted to swap first round picks with the leafs while adding in Bolland, Leafs didnt want to do that.
That's the only interesting fact I heard Nonis say.

I wonder if they need to be more carefull with what's said because of what happened after the 2009 Behind The Draft show. During that one I remember Brian Burke said the names of some players the Canucks might have traded to Tampa Bay for the 2nd overall pick back then. Anyway Mike Gillis heard about that, got pissed and filled a complaint with the league and etc.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

Basically it.

Probably wanted Domi

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Dear Tim Leiweke,

Please fix Leafs TV. It is awful. We deserve so much better.

Regards,

Leafs Nation

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
someone please put it on youtube

Does anyone have this yet? Based in the UK, would like to see it.

Thanks

If I could I would but you should not try that hard to get it. I know you want to watch it and make up your own mind but there is nothing in this program. There is no behind the scenes or draft insight in this program. It is an interview with Dave Nonis in which he tells us nothing new except what is mentioned above, a fluff interview with Gauthier with nothing new or earth shattering and a bit on when they traded Clark for Sundin with Fletcher just touching on it as well with no real background info.

There is a short interview with Dave Morrison but again nothing but fluff. There was no draft floor drama and no draft room strategy sessions. It is not the Behind the Draft Burke specials it is an hour of filler and fluff and nothing learned.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

Basically it.

Should've done it. Hartman at 30th will be as good as Gauthier was at 21st.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Dear Tim Leiweke,

Please fix Leafs TV. It is awful. We deserve so much better.

Regards,

Leafs Nation

Agreed. The on-air staff they have are brutal and I can't believe they aren't showing a lot more Marlies games. Even showing some games with Leaf draft picks would be very worthwhile (junior/Euro/College etc.).

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I never got to see this. Is it anywhere online? I've checked with no success. Or do I have to monitor when it will be on Leafs tv again?

Ace88*

Wait so the Leafs didn't want to trade down 9 spots while getting Bolland...? Is Nonis Pejorative Slured?

Ace88*

Maybe....I dunno.....they think Gauthier will be a good player?

yeah but instead they just end up throwing away more picks, decent ones at that, when originally all it would have cost is 9 ****ing spots in the draft. That doesn't appear to be a move of someone with as much common sense as Nonis.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
yeah but instead they just end up throwing away more picks, decent ones at that, when originally all it would have cost is 9 ****ing spots in the draft. That doesn't appear to be a move of someone with as much common sense as Nonis.

Throwing away?

Interesting choice of words.

Ace88*

The deal was what, 2 2nds and a 4th? When the cost couldve been 9 spots then yeah it is throwing them away. Giving three picks as opposed to no picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad