2013/2014 vs 2014/2015 - TBL

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This is easy enough poll. Which lines do you think are better - can we say the team has improved?

Line 1:
Malone/Stammer/Marty vs Palat/Stammer/Johnson

Line 2:
Killorn/Filp/Purcell vs Drouin/Filp/Callahan

Line 3:
Palat/Johnson/Panik vs Kucherov/Namestnikov/Connolly

Line 4:
Lebrie/Thompson/Crombeen vs Killorn/Boyle/Brown

Defensive Pair 1:
Hedman/Salo vs Hedman/Stralman
Carle/Gudas vs Garrison/Gudas
Brewer/Barberio vs Carle/Sustr

Goalies:
Bishop/Lindback vs Bishop/Nabby

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That line 3 matchup is gonna be interesting:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So Drouin is already on the 2nd line and Killorn 4th? Good to know you don't need to earn your spot. I really hope Carle isn't on the bottom pair while Gudas is on the mid.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
So Drouin is already on the 2nd line and Killorn 4th? Good to know you don't need to earn your spot. I really hope Carle isn't on the bottom pair while Gudas is on the mid.

You should get a crystal ball just like mine...I'll lend you mine next time you need it. :p:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That line 3 matchup is gonna be interesting:

That line was kind of a let down for me, I think we hyped them up way to much at last years training camp, Palat and Johnson obviously picked it up after about 25~ games but as a line they didn't really do much. I think Kucherov/Namestnikov will fair much better this year then those 3 did at the beginning of last year.

First line is a little tougher, because I firmly believed that had Stamkos stayed healthy him and St.louis would've both been top-3 in scoring last year even with Malone dragging them down at the beginning of last season, St.louis was 4th/5th in scoring and Stamkos was 1st when he went down.

2nd line and 4th line easily go to this years team though. Purcell and Killorn with Filppula was dreadful.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That line was kind of a let down for me, I think we hyped them up way to much at last years training camp, Palat and Johnson obviously picked it up after about 25~ games but as a line they didn't really do much. I think Kucherov/Namestnikov will fair much better this year then those 3 did at the beginning of last year.

First line is a little tougher, because I firmly believed that had Stamkos stayed healthy him and St.louis would've both been top-3 in scoring last year even with Malone dragging them down at the beginning of last season, St.louis was 4th/5th in scoring and Stamkos was 1st when he went down.

2nd line and 4th line easily go to this years team though. Purcell and Killorn with Filppula was dreadful.

By the time Stamkos got injured, I believe the first line was Killorn - Stamkos - MSL, and I'm also pretty sure they were red hot. Killer probably played the best hockey of his career in that brief stretch. Malone was already sifting through the lineup.

In terms of these poll choices though, Malone really was sucking up a lot of energy on that top line in what time he was on it, so I'd give the edge to the sophomores with Stamkos. (I would take Killer - Stamkos - MSL over them though, given how good they looked together for 4-5 games or so).

With the Syracuse line, I agree, and I wonder how much that had to do with Panik. And also, if memory serves, that was during the stretch where Tyler Johnson was just ridiculously snakebitten.

This year I'm looking at Connolly on the right side and hoping he's not the new Richard Panik for Vlad/Kuch.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad