Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's fair enough. Seto would be a good fit on any of our lines. Excellent speed, shot, good on the forecheck - would be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.

If we could get him for Klesla, I would be tickled pink.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd be pretty happy if the Brouwer for Klesla speculation among Caps fans actually comes to life. Brouwer supposedly had great chemistry with Ribeiro in Washington last season (33g pace over 82). He wears an A with the Caps and was an important player when winning a Cup with the hawks who were then coached by Dave Tippett's best buddy Joel Quennville. Played on both PK2 and PP2 for that squad that season, iirc. Brings a little of everything (fights now and again and is usually in the top ten or fifteen in the NHL among forwards in hits year over year) and just seems like he'd be a good fit for this squad.

Seto or Brouwer would both be a good return for Klesla.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
If they are showcasing Rundblad, I wish they would pair him with Klesla rather than Schlemko.
Unless if RK is banged up and is a step slower.
We've had two lefties together before.
Even Tippet does things that he really doesn't like doing because of the circumstances
I'd be pretty happy if the Brouwer for Klesla speculation among Caps fans actually comes to life. Brouwer supposedly had great chemistry with Ribeiro in Washington last season (33g pace over 82). He wears an A with the Caps and was an important player when winning a Cup with the hawks who were then coached by Dave Tippett's best buddy Joel Quennville. Played on both PK2 and PP2 for that squad that season, iirc. Brings a little of everything (fights now and again and is usually in the top ten or fifteen in the NHL among forwards in hits year over year) and just seems like he'd be a good fit for this squad.
I prefer Erat, but if the Coyotes get Brouwer I hope the Caps retain some of his salary and he turns into the player I was hoping Moss would be when the Coyotes signed him.
Moss and Klesla maybe a 2nd due to both players being UFA at end of year

for

Erat and Brouwer

I don't think that the Caps would want Moss. They may want Korpikoski instead (or another LW).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Likely the real reason Klesla was a healthy scratch last Saturday - he wasn't actually healthy enough to go.

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 46s

#Coyotes GM Don Maloney said D Rusty Klesla is still nursing a nagging injury. Should hear more from coach Dave Tippett soon

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So the team officially calls it a healthy scratch, the GM says he's got a nagging injury, and the head coach claims it's a personal injury? They all seem to agree he'll be back soon, though. Hmmm...

cobra427

May 6, 2012
So the team officially calls it a healthy scratch, the GM says he's got a nagging injury, and the head coach claims it's a personal injury? They all seem to agree he'll be back soon, though. Hmmm...

Maybe they had a trade lined up, so they scratched Klesla, now it fell through. Or maybe Tip was upset with him or his play, and he healthy scratched him. Maybe Klesla is pissed about one of the above now, so he wanted out of practice to regroup. Or maybe he has personal issues, or maybe it is nothing. This seems strange to me though, all the different explanations/signals coming from Tip and DM. I think it is more then Klesla just being banged up...

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
The way I understood it, the healthy-scratch/nagging injury-scratch and the personal issue were two separate events.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
My guess is all of this is just Rusty has something going on outside of hockey that needs his attention right now. DM and Tip just either got their lines mixed, or never discussed, what to tell the media hence the mixed messages. I don't buy DM's injury line since they've never been afraid of saying guys are out for a maintenance day before and it's not like people would suddenly clue into Rusty being injury prone by missing one more game. Don't think it was a possible trade either since he missed practice today.

Whatever it is, injury or not, hope it's not too serious and that Rusty can be back soon. :nod:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Would be nice if we had a functional media presence for this team, but there's only one reporter on the Coyotes beat, and her coverage to this point has been nothing but stringing together quotes from front office press releases. With a monopoly on coverage, you'd think McLellan could do a little digging without having to worry about losing access (not that that should ever be the concern of an actual journalist anyway).

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Would be nice if we had a functional media presence for this team, but there's only one reporter on the Coyotes beat, and her coverage to this point has been nothing but stringing together quotes from front office press releases. With a monopoly on coverage, you'd think McLellan could do a little digging without having to worry about losing access (not that that should ever be the concern of an actual journalist anyway).

Once ownership was settled I thought she might shift gears and become more of a beat writer rather than someone who writes puff-pieces. That's Dave Vest's job. She's a good writer and knows hockey, so maybe she's just one of those young journalists who struggles asking tough questions of subjects. That's not a criticism of Sarah. Some can do it, some can't.

rt

May 13, 2004
I like McLellan just fine, but yeah, it's softball after softball. That's just this market. It's not unique to hockey. It's all of teams here. None of them have to worry about answering to the media. Ever.

rt

May 13, 2004
My guess is all of this is just Rusty has something going on outside of hockey that needs his attention right now. DM and Tip just either got their lines mixed, or never discussed, what to tell the media hence the mixed messages. I don't buy DM's injury line since they've never been afraid of saying guys are out for a maintenance day before and it's not like people would suddenly clue into Rusty being injury prone by missing one more game. Don't think it was a possible trade either since he missed practice today.

Whatever it is, injury or not, hope it's not too serious and that Rusty can be back soon. :nod:

All of this is sensible.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Sarah does occasionally ask critical questions. I mean they're not hardballs, but not softballs either. She does often ask about under-performing players. Eh. I prefer this over something like the Boston or Philly media who causes star players to be traded for their extracurricular activities.

rt

May 13, 2004
Sarah does occasionally ask critical questions. I mean they're not hardballs, but not softballs either. She does often ask about under-performing players. Eh. I prefer this over something like the Boston or Philly media who causes star players to be traded for their extracurricular activities.

True. And to be fair to her, it's not as though this group has opened themselves up for a ton of criticism. They're doing a damn fine job. What does Sarah McLellan (or any of us, for that matter) really have to call them out on? Kyle Turris is sort of controversial but also sort of history. We're nervous about Rundblad, but he's getting the time he's earned. We were skeptical when we came into the season with that log-jam at D, but now we're all so grateful for it.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I like Sarah. What I like about her is she always answers people, and if you ask her to ask Maloney something, she does EVERYTIME. I've asked her to ask GMDM multiple questions and each time, the next interview I hear with her and Maloney my question was asked almost word for word. I think the lack of hardball questions come from the fact that everyone knows Maloney will not answer them the way we want, he's very broad with his responses. :laugh:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
For Schenn I'd offer a hell of a lot. I'd give up that offer easy. I'd even base one on Gormley.

I think Rundblad is the better fit due to their dearth of RH PMDs. But obviously Gormley has the higher value.

Gormley + Lessio + 2nd for Schenn would be a pretty bold move for Maloney.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
This may sound stupid, but if Schenn is that good, why hasn't he broken out yet? And where would he fit in to our lineup?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This may sound stupid, but if Schenn is that good, why hasn't he broken out yet? And where would he fit in to our lineup?

Schenn can certainly play in the top 6. Assuming Moss doesn't return and Domi makes the roster next season:

Schenn - Ribeiro - Boedker
Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Vermette - Doan
Klinkhammer - Chipchura - Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->