Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Hi yotes fans, jets fan here.

What about a klesla for Setoguchi swap? Seto has been playing great lately but our d core is decimated. Tonight against the wild half of our d core have played maybe a handful of games this season. Clitsome is our #3 and he's ideally a #5. We also could really use a good #4 shutdown lefty long term.

Conditional picks (4th? 5th?) If the players do not re sign with the same club.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

What about a klesla for Setoguchi swap? Seto has been playing great lately but our d core is decimated. Tonight against the wild half of our d core have played maybe a handful of games this season. Clitsome is our #3 and he's ideally a #5. We also could really use a good #4 shutdown lefty long term.

Seems fair.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013

Would do this.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
It's just what they said on the broadcast, bud. Nash said Tip called Portland and asked who their best RHD was.

They didn't really address why Klesla didn't play. Klesla's played the right side plenty for Tippett before. None of us had Murphy on the radar, so how did he suddenly make the jump past Klesla on the right side? It might be something inconsequential, but we all know they've got to re-balance at some point. I'd wait till we start losing.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

It's fair enough. Seto would be a good fit on any of our lines. Excellent speed, shot, good on the forecheck - would be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They didn't really address why Klesla didn't play. Klesla's played the right side plenty for Tippett before. None of us had Murphy on the radar, so how did he suddenly make the jump past Klesla on the right side? It might be something inconsequential, but we all know they've got to re-balance at some point. I'd wait till we start losing.

I think Setoguchi, or Micalek make sense for Klesla. I also think Colorado could be a trade partner for one of their forwards as Klesla would really help them and they are reeling fast now. They just traded Downey for Talbot, so they don't get over paid. This is the time of year when veteran D, top 4 stay at home guys, which Klesla clearly is, have more value. Up until now, everyone hopes there D guys are better then they really are...

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Sounds like Klesla didn't play just because. You guys are making a huge deal about nothing.
IMO Tip just wanted a shake-up on D.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like Klesla didn't play just because. You guys are making a huge deal about nothing.
IMO Tip just wanted a shake-up on D.

Or the team doesn't play until Thursday, so they're sending him down to see the ice in the meantime. We've done this before with the kids shuffling back and forth.

It's possible you're right, but it's definitely worth a raised eyebrow under the circumstances.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Or the team doesn't play until Thursday, so they're sending him down to see the ice in the meantime. We've done this before with the kids shuffling back and forth.

It's possible you're right, but it's definitely worth a raised eyebrow under the circumstances.

Other than the game going on right now Portland doesn't play again until Friday.

rt

May 13, 2004
Perhaps the team was more comfortable calling it a "healthy scratch" then explaining to the media that he had a minor injury, minor illness, personal issue, or disciplinary issue. Tippett enjoys being vague. Haha.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Perhaps the team was more comfortable calling it a "healthy scratch" then explaining to the media that he had a minor injury, minor illness, personal issue, or disciplinary issue. Tippett enjoys being vague. Haha.

When Dmo was out a few years ago, it was for personal reasons, Hanzel missed because of the flu, others always upper or lower body injury. I can see him being healthy scratched if DMO and Z are in, but they were not. They are usually straight up, but vague, and Murphy was recalled the day before, so this was planned, not last minute. I still think there is a trade coming...could be wrong though...

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Murphy back to Portland as per Sarah Maclellan on Twitter.

Tippet never seems comfortable with Rookies. Now Schlemko hasn't been as firm on defense as he should be. I saw Him a few times with the Sundogs. Even there he was not going to make anyone's All Star Team. Now I have to admit I don't know what Schlemko's contract is. But It seems He's always Hurt. When he isn't. We just have better Defense Men. Can Murphy make more mistakes than Schlemko?

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Tippet never seems comfortable with Rookies. Now Schlemko hasn't been as firm on defense as he should be. I saw Him a few times with the Sundogs. Even there he was not going to make anyone's All Star Team. Now I have to admit I don't know what Schlemko's contract is. But It seems He's always Hurt. When he isn't. We just have better Defense Men. Can Murphy make more mistakes than Schlemko?

Not that he won't do it, but Tipp is a big believer in L/R pairings on "D". Klesla and Schlemko have occasionally been asked to play the offside, but not for any length of time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's fair enough. Seto would be a good fit on any of our lines. Excellent speed, shot, good on the forecheck - would be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.

I'm still annoyed we couldn't have gotten in on Setoguchi when all it took was a 2nd.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd be pretty happy if the Brouwer for Klesla speculation among Caps fans actually comes to life. Brouwer supposedly had great chemistry with Ribeiro in Washington last season (33g pace over 82). He wears an A with the Caps and was an important player when winning a Cup with the hawks who were then coached by Dave Tippett's best buddy Joel Quennville. Played on both PK2 and PP2 for that squad that season, iirc. Brings a little of everything (fights now and again and is usually in the top ten or fifteen in the NHL among forwards in hits year over year) and just seems like he'd be a good fit for this squad.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Moss and Klesla maybe a 2nd due to both players being UFA at end of year

for

Erat and Brouwer

Doan-Ribeiro_Brouwer
Erat-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Boedker
Klink_Chip-Szwarz/Halpern

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Moss and Klesla maybe a 2nd due to both players being UFA at end of year

for

Erat and Brouwer

Doan-Ribeiro_Brouwer
Erat-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Boedker
Klink_Chip-Szwarz/Halpern

I think that would be bringing on to much salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->