Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
With Z and DMO out, there is no way Klesla is a healthy scratch. He would have had to piss tip off for that big time. I think Klesla is being traded between now and the AVS game. He is gone, hopefully for the top 6 forward we covet...

Something's up for sure, in my opinion. With two of our minute eaters out, you don't scratch Klesla. I mean Dave Tippett played Rundblad AND Murphy. You KNOW he didn't smile when he was filling out the lineup card.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Something's up for sure, in my opinion. With two of our minute eaters out, you don't scratch Klesla. I mean Dave Tippett played Rundblad AND Murphy. You KNOW he didn't smile when he was filling out the lineup card.

And we all thought DT didn't play the young ones. Maybe this was a wake up call to the vets on D.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, they may be playing it safe with Klesla if they're putting together a deal with him. Or they might be showcasing one of the kids. If it was the kids, I'd think Klesla would have played and one of them would have sat. Makes me think Rusty's days are numbered.
I'd like to see him stay, but we looked pretty good without him. Depends on the return, I guess.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
@azc_mclellan: “We went young tonight,” coach Dave Tippett said. “We tried to go quicker and move the puck better. That’s where we are.”

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"Well, we're about to trade Rusty, so Maloney said I couldn't play him..." from the book, Things Coaches Would Never Say

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Klesla for Michalek? It would clear $3 million in cap space for the Sens and would give them some extra space to get another winger which they've been rumoured for the past few days and have also been rumoured for defensive help... Just a thought to ponder

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
In fact, that makes me think that it's an even bigger possibility than I thought. It was a conscious decision to sit a more-than-capable player for a rookie who's never played an NHL game, against a really good team this year. I think this could have possibly been them trying to see what it's going to be like without him kind of situation.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So how will D lines look like when Zbynek and DMo comes back?
Stone and Schlemko played good today...
DMo in 2nd line, Zbynek first...or?
Can Stone and Schlemko fit together in 3rd pair?

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Remember when Connor Murphy was picked in the first round a few years back and everyone was pissed?

Small sample size tonight, but **** did he look good today. First game, first goal.

If Gormley, Rundblad, and Murphy all pan out, we're going to have to make someone expendable that can return us a solid forward, and to be honest, I really can't wait!

Many people hated the pick, others were OK, but Murphy has never really looked bad aside from the injuries.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
In fact, that makes me think that it's an even bigger possibility than I thought. It was a conscious decision to sit a more-than-capable player for a rookie who's never played an NHL game, against a really good team this year. I think this could have possibly been them trying to see what it's going to be like without him kind of situation.
The Boltz were a really good team with arguably the best player in the NHL in the lineup. Take him out of the line-up and they have to find a new identity.

I see Connor's bionic parts are working properly! The question with him was always injuries and not ability or heart.
11 deep @ defense. Pretty impressive. IMO, it could be any of the 'D' that could be traded as long as the return is appropriate.

The Coyotes sit out Klesla for 1 game and you've already shipped him out! I'm glad you guys don't do that when Hanzal is out. I understand why the Coyotes showcased Rundblad against Tampa Bay.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The Boltz were a really good team with arguably the best player in the NHL in the lineup. Take him out of the line-up and they have to find a new identity.

I see Connor's bionic parts are working properly! The question with him was always injuries and not ability or heart.
11 deep @ defense. Pretty impressive. IMO, it could be any of the 'D' that could be traded as long as the return is appropriate.

The Coyotes sit out Klesla for 1 game and you've already shipped him out! I'm glad you guys don't do that when Hanzal is out. I understand why the Coyotes showcased Rundblad against Tampa Bay.

If they are showcasing Rundblad, I wish they would pair him with Klesla rather than Schlemko.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
If they were showcasing Rundblad I think they would try to play him more than 12 minutes.

Murphy finished the game with 22 minutes time on the PK and seemed like somewhat of a random call up over Gormley. If they were showcasing anyone, I'd guess it was Murphy.

Still not sure I want to move Klesla. He is so valuable in the playoffs. He really steps his game up.

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
Murphy finished the game with 22 minutes time on the PK and seemed like somewhat of a random call up over Gormley. If they were showcasing anyone, I'd guess it was Murphy.

Still not sure I want to move Klesla. He is so valuable in the playoffs. He really steps his game up.

He got called up because he's the best RHD in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad