2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder who ..... Hejduk, Brunner, Prospal, Boyes, Morrow....

Any ideas who may get invited to camp....

Prospal would probably retire over a PTO shot with the Coyotes. If there was any sort of mutual interest, he'd have signed by now. He's the #1 option, but old. The tires have been kicked and it's not a match, for whatever reason. Same with Hejduk. Old, slow. Morrow isn't that old, but is much slower than what most remember of him from his time with the Stars.

Boyes and Brunner are possibilities. But they might just run with a 'take it or leave it' last offer from any team. Neither is a Tippett player.

I'd roll the dice on Morrow if none of the kids step up. Same with Hejduk.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I see Lats as a bit of a poor mans Boyes. If DM likes Lats more for one reason or another, than in Don I trust. Morrow has got to be very, very well known by this club. Either he doesn't want us (wants the cup right now) or we don't want him (must be a good reason). Given how well Prospal did last season, either he doesn't want us or we don't want him (price/term). Hejduk to me is even more of long shot than Lats. They're about the same in my eyes. We went less proven, but bigger and younger. That's easy to do.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Probably won't read into this that much, but apparently they might try Summers at forward:

And then there’s Chris Summers, who played 21 games with the Coyotes in 2011-12 but only six last season.

He’s billed as a stay-at-home defenseman but is receptive to a style makeover if that’s what it takes.

“I think you kind of get an established role in the organization, and I feel like I’m trying to find my niche right now and find my spot in the lineup,” Summers said. “If they have me being a stay-at-home defenseman or they have me being a skilled offensive forward — which I don’t think they do — but whatever they want me to do play, I’ll give it my all that’s for sure.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coy...keeps-phoenix-coyotes-defensemen-working.html

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Probably won't read into this that much, but apparently they might try Summers at forward
The low point (that I was here for) of last season was Chris Conner being in the ice in a last minute, empty net, need 2 goals situation.

Chris Summers at forward would be lower.

There's NOBODY better in Portland?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
It's gonna come down to the wire with Boedker

Craig Morgan @cmorganfoxaz
Still no change in contract talks between the #Coyotes and RFA @Mikkelboedker as another week ends. Training camp is 5 days away.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Never would have thought Boedker could have been a potential holdout. I'm a big believer in his abilities and still think he will break out one of these days. Hope both sides can find that middle ground sooner than later.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like it's gonna be a 2 year deal with Boedker

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Hearing RFA F Mikkel Boedker is on verge of agreeing to terms on a 2-year deal with PHX. Not quite official just yet but likely imminent.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I prefer that. Bridge deal. I worry about how backloaded it could possibly be though.

2yrs, 5.5m, 2.25 and 3.25?

you are always a half million high lol. it'll be closer to $2 million per on average than $2.75 M per.

Last edited:

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Looks like Johansson is off the wishlist. Resigned with the caps for 2 years, 4M (1.825M in year 1, 2.175M in year 2).

Yeah, that's too bad, he would have been one of the best targets that would also fit the team's structure to a T. Especially if he can play LW or something. They could potentially go after someone that Simmonds, I suppose (which would be like the perfect player for the Yotes going forwards, IMHO), but players like Simmonds usually don't become available on a regular basis.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I'd rather go through trade, open up a defensive roster position for Rundblad & friends, and get a decent asset back rather than dumpster diving the remaining UFA market.

I'm not calling the likes of Morrow and Prospal garbage, I'm just saying that there is a reason they aren't signed yet. Take Brunner for example. Dude has potential to be a future 1st line player in the league for years to come and he can be had for a mid-risk/high reward situation, but he remains unsigned...because he thinks he is worth more than GM's are willing to pay. That could be the situation with the remaining crop.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
you are always a half million high lol. it'll be closer to $2 million per on average than $2.75 M per.

You and rt were both close to the real deal. Do you know if bonuses are included in this amount or are they extra.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd rather go through trade, open up a defensive roster position for Rundblad & friends, and get a decent asset back rather than dumpster diving the remaining UFA market.

I'm not calling the likes of Morrow and Prospal garbage, I'm just saying that there is a reason they aren't signed yet. Take Brunner for example. Dude has potential to be a future 1st line player in the league for years to come and he can be had for a mid-risk/high reward situation, but he remains unsigned...because he thinks he is worth more than GM's are willing to pay. That could be the situation with the remaining crop.

I'm with you. Lets wait till after training camp and see if we have any surprises in camp, and who becomes available from other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->