Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just got a score update saying duchene will miss the first two games at minimum. While I expected it, I hate to see it confirmed. I hope he gets back to practice soon.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
According to Sandy Clough, Drew Goodman, or Scott Hastings (Dont remember which one, probably Sandy) on the fan today shortly after 12:00 said that Duchene was skating, just not with the team during practice.
http://www.1043thefan.com/DrewandScott.aspx
Pretty sure it's hour 2.

Did anyone else manage to hear this? I can't find it on the podcast. Granted I did not listen to the entire 3 hours but its not at the beginning of hour two nor is it in the Avs section.

When they made some comment about "he was out there skating at practice" it was in reference to 2010.

Maybe I'm going crazy :dunno:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Did anyone else manage to hear this? I can't find it on the podcast. Granted I did not listen to the entire 3 hours but its not at the beginning of hour two nor is it in the Avs section.

When they made some comment about "he was out there skating at practice" it was in reference to 2010.

Maybe I'm going crazy :dunno:
In hour 1, they Clough says "Matt Duchene was on the ice, he wasn't on the ice today" and then he goes on to say he'll likely miss the whole first round. It's with like 26 minutes left in the first hour.

It didn't make much sense, and I don't think he skated today. I would imagine he starts skating this weekend.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
In hour 1, they Clough says "Matt Duchene was on the ice, he wasn't on the ice today" and then he goes on to say he'll likely miss the whole first round. It's with like 26 minutes left in the first hour.

It didn't make much sense, and I don't think he skated today. I would imagine he starts skating this weekend.

Maybe he was on the ice as in icing his knee? :dunno:

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I am being cautiously optimistic with Dutchy. I think we will see him, let's just hope he is healed enough to be effective.

I really hope we get Mitchell back soon. I have not heard much about his progression from injury. Has anyone seen/heard that he is skating or working out at all?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Dater's blog has a headline of "Hejda misses another practice", but talks about him practicing. Very odd.

But good news he is practicing. Very good news.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I am being cautiously optimistic with Dutchy. I think we will see him, let's just hope he is healed enough to be effective.

I really hope we get Mitchell back soon. I have not heard much about his progression from injury. Has anyone seen/heard that he is skating or working out at all?

Yesterday Roy said he was improving every day. My guess is he's back by next week.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dater's blog has a headline of "Hejda misses another practice", but talks about him practicing. Very odd.

But good news he is practicing. Very good news.

Found that odd too...

I chalked it up to something that happened to me when I did Sports Writing in College. We had one of our "Star WR's" miss a practice and was set to miss another one, so the Copy Editor (who I was NOT) had that set to go in the Online copy. I submitted my story-update that he had in fact returned to practice and looked as good as ever, and had a quote from the Coach that it was just a minor shoulder injury and he was good to go for the next game. The Copy Editor or whoever approved the Online version of my story did not take out the blurb that was set to be there before posting it.

I can tell you who took the blame for that one, it was me, despite me not having written that he would miss another practice.

Then again...AD could have believed he was going to miss another one and had that ready to go and then didn't take that out when Hejda did in fact return to practice today.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Michael Kelly ‏@berge19 4m
Hejda says he's fine and will play in Game 1.

Have seen him pop up on Twitter the last few days. Who is he? He hardly has any followers but has been tweeting good avs stuff the last few days.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Have seen him pop up on Twitter the last few days. Who is he? He hardly has any followers but has been tweeting good avs stuff the last few days.

I believe someone said that he would be following the Avs for the same paper that Russo works for (The Tribune?)

Interesting to see that they're trying to get some balanced coverage on that aspect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I believe someone said that he would be following the Avs for the same paper that Russo works for (The Tribune?)

Interesting to see that they're trying to get some balanced coverage on that aspect.

This. He is helping out with the Star-Tribune's coverage for the series. He is a great follow for Avs news (the Post should hire him to replace Dater... he is already doing a better job :laugh:).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What was the suspected nature of Hejda's injury, I don't recall. Was it a wrist?

A bit concerned with that given his role on the top pairing. He'll need strength in that wrist to battle opposing forwards, and help EJ in moving the puck up ice. Kind of a tough little injury for defenseman to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->