Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets For Sale IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Thought I would post here before I took it to the Kings board. I am still confident in this team, and think that we have a shot to take it to seven games. Call me crazy, but I am. If that comes to fruition, I would go to game seven no matter the cost. But I'd much rather not have to pay $1k+ per ticket.

Do you guys think it would be kosher to propose the following to Kings fans with tickets to game seven? I would pay face value for their tickets right now (non-refundable), so if the Rangers don't make it to game seven, they get their refund for their tickets plus they make a profit from me. If the Rangers do make it to game seven, I get their tickets at face value. Kind of a friendly wager on our respective teams. Is this kosher/legal?

Honestly you'd be better off paying the 1k for game 7 and betting on the rangers each game.

If you really have faith in the Rangers instead do this

bet 150 on rangers game 4.
roll over bet 300 on rangers for 5 game
bet 600 on rangers for game 6.
go to game 7 for free.

AHB*

Honestly you'd be better off paying the 1k for game 7 and betting on the rangers each game.

If you really have faith in the Rangers instead do this

bet 150 on rangers game 4.
roll over bet 300 on rangers for 5 game
bet 600 on rangers for game 6.
go to game 7 for free.

I like the way you think. Are the Rangers 2-1 payouts? I don't know what their line is.

I saw a pair for 418/ticket on NHL Ticket Exchange this AM, that's with the fees. They went in like 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
I like the way you think. Are the Rangers 2-1 payouts? I don't know what their line is.

I saw a pair for 418/ticket on NHL Ticket Exchange this AM, that's with the fees. They went in like 5 minutes.

I just did even money to make it easier but I would think the Rangers would be underdogs overall

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The seller knew exactly what happened. Most likely he made a mistake in the price (although there's a small chance he intentionally baited you), and then he scrambled to change the price by adding digits. When they sold right away he definitely knew someone got unwittingly caught in a price switch. The stubhub system is SUPPOSED to alert you before charging your card if the price has changed but it is BUGGY and UNRELIABLE. I've had it happen to me more than once

For him to bait a buyer AND pull it off, he would have to know that someone is in the process of buying and his timing has to be perfect.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

The Money Line for Game 4 is RANGERS $115-$135. So, you lay $135 to win $100 on the Rangers or Place $115 on the Kings to win $100.

I just did even money to make it easier but I would think the Rangers would be underdogs overall

Not tonight... in the betting world...

Cheers!
-Doug

AHB*

Looking for a single for tonight somewhere center 200. PM me with details. Staying next to MSG.

A couple members from here went onto the Kings forum looking for tickets and were completely crapped on.

That being said, our people are rather accepting ;)

I wouldn't wait till last minute to buy, just FYI. I'd pull the trigger on a single soon. Based on last game, the demand increases closer to game-time (the supply has already dropped significantly today) and prices will likely go up from here.

Looks like we might not get near those 450ish prices we saw yesterday.

Edit: Good call GG

AHB*

ticket prices are soaring!

I wouldn't say that. The demand is significantly lower, since we're close to game-time. Just under 600 left, but prices are still way lower then they were prior to the loss.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I wouldn't say that. The demand is significantly lower, since we're close to game-time. Just under 600 left, but prices are still way lower then they were prior to the loss.

average price is about what it was this morning at 7, but that's because the higher end listings are coming down and being bought. On the low end, the get in keeps going up, was high $400's this morning and now about to go over low $600's and that won't last next stop is $700. Supply moving at a fast enough pace to sell everything before game time. Prices will peak around 4:30PM-5:30PM/ish

AHB*

average price is about what it was this morning at 7, but that's because the higher end listings are coming down and being bought. On the low end, the get in keeps going up, was high $400's this morning and now about to go over low $600's and that won't last next stop is $700. Supply moving at a fast enough pace to sell everything before game time. Prices will peak around 4:30PM-5:30PM/ish

Yea similar to last game, just slightly lower overall.

A lot of tickets were moved at lower prices though.

Stubhub said Game 3 was the highest take in for a hockey game in their history. The average ticket price sold for $1,800. It won't be the same for this game.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Yea similar to last game, just slightly lower overall.

A lot of tickets were moved at lower prices though.

Stubhub said Game 3 was the highest take in for a hockey game in their history. The average ticket price sold for $1,800. It won't be the same for this game.

That is expected when down 0-3 but still very high. Best time to buy was early yesterday or immediately after they lost. Prices are slowly rebuilding from that gigantic drop.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
That is expected when down 0-3 but still very high. Best time to buy was early yesterday or immediately after they lost. Prices are slowly rebuilding from that gigantic drop.

That is because less tickets became available and supply became less and less.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Obviously super last minute. Does anyone know of single tickets left?

Also, what are your experiences with scalpers outside MSG? Thanks

AHB*

Game 6 prices will be nuts if they win Friday. I might just flip my tickets into Game 7 if that happens.

I can probably get about 6-7K for my pair right now, after fees. I'd flip that right into a pair and two plane tickets out to LA. Would probably come out to about 4-5K. Regardless, there's no way I come out on bottom.

Would be tough to give up going to Game 6, but the point is to be there if they were to win.

Anyways, just win Game 5, so I can think of this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->