2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He can handle anyone in the A but yeah, Bickel and Haley should be
Taking on these types.

It's not about whether or not he can do it, it's about the fact that he is far too valuable to be off for 10 minutes and risk any I jury against guys with no NHL future.

I love his fire and understand he doesn't back down, but pick your spots! Lucic fighting Orr is a waste.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
These are the types of guys he SHOULD NOT be fighting.

Probably not but if he can hang with these guys as a 21 year old he can hang with just about anybody. Correction anyway Gallant has only fought Rechlicz one time this year but several times during his career. That fight scored a 9.5 at the hockey fights site and you're not going to get any higher than that. An excellent fight usually rates about a 7. Gallant cut up Letourneau-Leblond this year and fought Eric Neilson to an 8.8. Those are huge numbers on that site. You might see only a handful of fights (NHL, AHL, ECHL, Jrs, Europe) go that high this year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Probably not but if he can hang with these guys as a 21 year old he can hang with just about anybody. Correction anyway Gallant has only fought Rechlicz one time this year but several times during his career. That fight scored a 9.5 at the hockey fights site and you're not going to get any higher than that. An excellent fight usually rates about a 7. Gallant cut up Letourneau-Leblond this year and fought Eric Neilson to an 8.8. Those are huge numbers on that site. You might see only a handful of fights (NHL, AHL, ECHL, Jrs, Europe) go that high this year.

So can Lucic, it's a waste for him to fight them.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He can handle anyone in the A but yeah, Bickel and Haley should be
Taking on these types.

Haley is more like Prust--a real good middleweight. Gallant has beaten him up pretty good at least a couple times. I'd be more for Bickel handling those types. Even if he loses (which is more the probability) he's less likely to get hurt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So can Lucic, it's a waste for him to fight them.

Really to me McIlrath is all about the Rangers having their own Lucic. Lucic just set up in front of the net in last year's playoffs and just caused all kinds of havoc. The Rangers could not move him out. McIlrath is meant to be the Rangers antidote to that. A guy who can play but also be feared.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Really to me McIlrath is all about the Rangers having their own Lucic. Lucic just set up in front of the net in last year's playoffs and just caused all kinds of havoc. The Rangers could not move him out. McIlrath is meant to be the Rangers antidote to that. A guy who can play but also be feared.

no Marc Staal...Staal has some wars with those big power forwards.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

That's the plan. Intimidate, hit, add a new dimension to the team, and play 20 minutes a night.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Haley is more like Prust--a real good middleweight. Gallant has beaten him up pretty good at least a couple times. I'd be more for Bickel handling those types. Even if he loses (which is more the probability) he's less likely to get hurt.
For sure Bickel should have taken on of these guys tonight.
I don't know what's happened over the years with Gallant. I don't think he was anywhere near the scrapper he is now in juniors. In reality he's the same type of middleweight like Haley and Prust. He's somehow gained an ability to exchange with heavyweights that Haley and Prust can't.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For sure Bickel should have taken on of these guys tonight.
I don't know what's happened over the years with Gallant. I don't think he was anywhere near the scrapper he is now in juniors. In reality he's the same type of middleweight like Haley and Prust. He's somehow gained an ability to exchange with heavyweights that Haley and Prust can't.

Gallant wouldn't have a career if he couldn't give the big guys a run for their money. He'd be playing in the same league with Jason Wilson. Gallant is not a very good player. He is a great fighter. He just stands his ground and throws and he goes on and on and on.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Gallant wouldn't have a career if he couldn't give the big guys a run for their money. He'd be playing in the same league with Jason Wilson. Gallant is not a very good player. He is a great fighter. He just stands his ground and throws and he goes on and on and on.

basically the kinda guy who really has to worry about encephalopathy later on in life. those kinda guys always worry me.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
no Marc Staal...Staal has some wars with those big power forwards.

no Jeff Beukeboom only tougher... Staal can play a hard game but he's not nearly as mean or tough as McIlrath. Dylan likes to fight (which takes a bit of craziness)--Dylan likes to lay people out with a hit. Staal will lay someone out but not all that often. Dylan will go after someone who takes liberties with his teammates. Dylan will flatten players who mess with his goalie. Dylan and Lucic are destined for some real wars. They are going to fight over the real estate in front of the Rangers net.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
no Jeff Beukeboom only tougher... Staal can play a hard game but he's not nearly as mean or tough as McIlrath. Dylan likes to fight (which takes a bit of craziness)--Dylan likes to lay people out with a hit. Staal will lay someone out but not all that often. Dylan will go after someone who takes liberties with his teammates. Dylan will flatten players who mess with his goalie. Dylan and Lucic are destined for some real wars. They are going to fight over the real estate in front of the Rangers net.

i meant "no marc staal"

as in, the reason why Lucic set up shop in our slot was because Staal was out.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
basically the kinda guy who really has to worry about encephalopathy later on in life. those kinda guys always worry me.

This is actually McIlrath's second go around with Gallant. The first was his first game back from his kneecap injury last year. That was more or less a draw. Gallant is a guy that worries me as well. Wind up with a concussion fighting a guy like him would be kind of ****ed up. Even so fighting him to a draw after coming back from a major injury in your first game of the year tells you that McIlrath as a 20 year old them is remarkably tough.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Yep. Nowhere near the player Haley is and light years behind a Prust.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
It's not about whether or not he can do it, it's about the fact that he is far too valuable to be off for 10 minutes and risk any I jury against guys with no NHL future.

I love his fire and understand he doesn't back down, but pick your spots! Lucic fighting Orr is a waste.
It's a waste but it still happens. Lucic shouldn't be fighting Carkner but he did and won big. Sometimes gunslingers have to shoot. Simmonds shouldn't be fighting Mashinter and Bickel but has and does. McIlrath will be fine.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i meant "no marc staal"

as in, the reason why Lucic set up shop in our slot was because Staal was out.

I don't think Marc would have moved him either. I appreciate the wars that Staal has had with Ovie and Malkin over the years but Lucic is another kind of animal. He's not nearly as talented as those other two but he does have skill. He's the ultimate power forward with skill in the world who can actually take over the opposition crease. He's a poor man's version of Eric Lindros--a big hitter and boards player with good speed who can fight and beat up all but the very best goons.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Just looking at the goalie stats since Talbot left. The Mission is ranked last in the AHL? Any chance he gets released from his contract? Do the Wolfpack need a starting Goalie or is Stajcer good enough?

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Just looking at the goalie stats since Talbot left. The Mission is ranked last in the AHL? Any chance he gets released from his contract? Do the Wolfpack need a starting Goalie or is Stajcer goo enough?

I got the feeling Kenny G is actually going to Stajcer a shot to be the starting goalie, a Missiaen has been aweful overall this year. I hope Stajcer grabs the spot.

Don't think Missiaen will get released or traded, he'll be the backup unless he gets his s... together.

JerseyRangers*

For those interested here is a link to video's of the fight.

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/541710/

McI did pretty well against two serious heavyweights.
To those who think he shouldn't be dropping the gloves with these guys I totally disagree. In the end for him to be a successful hockey player with the physical style he plays he's going to have to drop the gloves occasionally. Can't start worrying about injuries all the time.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
For those interested here is a link to video's of the fight.

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/541710/

McI did pretty well against two serious heavyweights.
To those who think he shouldn't be dropping the gloves with these guys I totally disagree. In the end for him to be a successful hockey player with the physical style he plays he's going to have to drop the gloves occasionally. Can't start worrying about injuries all the time.
Major homer announcing. The BPT guy is Jack Edwards-esque. McIlrath did well. Will be interesting to see where Gallant ends up in a few years. Too much guts, too little size. He'll eat one that will put him out for a while.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just looking at the goalie stats since Talbot left. The Mission is ranked last in the AHL? Any chance he gets released from his contract? Do the Wolfpack need a starting Goalie or is Stajcer goo enough?

Missiaen is on an ELC. It's an NHL contract, so he can't just be released from it.

Stajcer has talent, he's just inconsistent and battling one major injury after another. He could be the answer if he could keep it together for a whole season, but that seems unlikely.

I'd say that the Wolf Pack definitely need another goalie.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Major homer announcing. The BPT guy is Jack Edwards-esque. McIlrath did well. Will be interesting to see where Gallant ends up in a few years. Too much guts, too little size. He'll eat one that will put him out for a while.

Yeah, McI did well there. Wouldn't give him either fight on decision, he definitely hold if own against Gallant and probably had slight advantage against he fell. Didn't look like that last punch connected.

The fight against Johnson was as much of a tie as a fight can be.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Yeah, McI did well there. Wouldn't give him either fight on decision, he definitely hold if own against Gallant and probably had slight advantage against he fell. Didn't look like that last punch connected.

The fight against Johnson was as much of a tie as a fight can be.
Yep. I would agree with your assessment. He'll add a new dimension when he gets the call to NY.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Asham and MSC for 6th, Labarbera and Omark/Potter. AHL deal
Do it

MSC has real value. He is starting slowly because he needs to be a top-6 player. Hopefully next year he breaks out in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->