At The Rink
1. Portland Winterhawks
2. Seattle Thunderbirds
3. Everett Silvertips
4. Tri-City Americans
5. Spokane Chiefs

Portland Winterhawks
Overagers: Garrett Haar (D), Shane McColgan (RW), Cody Thiel (D),
Imports: Anton Cederholm (D), Oliver Bjorkstrand (RW)

Leipsic - Petan - McColgan
Leier - De Leo - Bjorkstrand
Bittner - Turgeon - Iverson
De Champlain - Kopeck - Mahon
Schoenborn, Alldridge

Pouliot - Hanson
Cederholm - Haar
Vivieros - Thiel
Davies, Patterson, Texeira

Burke
Schamerhorn/Hill

Seattle Thunderbirds
Overagers: Jesse Forsberg (D), Seth Swenson (RW), Mitch Elliott (LW)
Imports: Roberts Lipsbergs (LW), Alexander Delnov (LW)

Lipsbergs - Barzal - Delnov
Honey - Hickman - Troock
Swenson - Sheen - Kolesar
Holub - Peterson - Wray
Easnor, Peterson, Elliott, Folk[

Theodore - Smith
Forsberg - Wardley
Hauf - Foulk
Wolf, Bear

Mumaugh
Myles
Flodell
Everett Silvertips
Overagers: Matt Pufahl (D), Josh Winquist (LW), Reid Petryk (C), Manraj Hayer (C)
Imports: Mirco Mueller (D) (will start in San Jose), Walteri Hopponen (RW), Ivan Nikoloshin (LW)

If Khiara gets sent down from AHL, insert him on the first line
Winquist - Petryk/Hayer - Hopponen
Bauml - Sandhu - Mappin
Nikoloshin - Stadnyk - Skapski
Leedahl - Low - Aasman
Fontyene, Raymond

Mueller - Pufahl
Betker - Davis
MacDonald - Adam
Zipp, Juulsen

Lotz
Cotton

Tri-City Americans
Overagers: Zachary Yuen (D), Mitch Topping (D), Jessey Astles (RW), Phillip Tot (LW), Tyson Dallman (LW),
Imports: Michal Plutnar (D), Jakub Illes (C)

Illes - Rankin - McCue
Guitterez - Bowles - Williams
Gelinas - Messier - Astles
Nickles - Chynoweth - Bulbuc
T. Comrie, Fraser, Putrill, Marreck

Yuen - Plutnar
Topping - Hamonic
Carlo - Tomchuk
Wortherspoon, Clowes

Comrie
Trombley

Spokane Chiefs
Overagers: Eric Williams (G), Mike Aviani (C), Mitch Holmberg (RW)
Imports: Dominic Zwerger (LW), N/A

Helewka - Aviani - Holmberg
Zwerger - Stewart - Chartier
Proft - Smith - Playfair
Betchold - Cardiff - Whittingham

Gow - Fram
King - Wedman
McIntosh - Coyle
Power, Fiala

Williams
Hughson

Last edited:

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Good projections. I have the Silvertips as:
OVERAGERS
Winquist
Pufahl
Petryk

EUROS
Mueller
Nikolishin

F
Winquist-Khaira-Sandhu
Nikolishin-Petryk-Mappin
Leedahl-Bauml-Aasman
Penner-Stadnyk-Skapski
Low, Raymond, Fonteyne,
Mehr

D
Mueller-Pufahl
Betker-Adam
MacDonald-Davis
Zipp Juulsen

G
Lotz
Cotton

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Good projections. I have the Silvertips as:
OVERAGERS
Winquist
Pufahl
Petryk

EUROS
Mueller
Nikolishin

F
Winquist-Khaira-Sandhu
Nikolishin-Petryk-Mappin
Leedahl-Bauml-Aasman
Penner-Stadnyk-Skapski
Low, Raymond, Fonteyne,
Mehr

D
Mueller-Pufahl
Betker-Adam
MacDonald-Davis
Zipp Juulsen

G
Lotz
Cotton

With the addition of Khiara, it's a huge boost to the Tips, assuming he stays in the AHL he won't be in the lineup but if he gets sent to Everett. He will be an impact guy in the WHL. I forgot about Linden Penner going to the Silvertips camp, he'll be a solid addition.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Why? I thought that spot was saved for Bjork?

What has McColgan got to warrant that other than age?

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State

Why? I thought that spot was saved for Bjork?

What has McColgan got to warrant that other than age?

That is one small/extremely talented line. I'm interested in seeing how this line produces without a go-to sniper in Rattie...
McColgan is a definite winner in his WHL career, but he's always been more of a passer than shooter. I wonder, what team could shut down this line?

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Not saying the kid is bad :)

Just saying, what ive seen of him is not top end skills, not point-wise and not play wise..

He is solid for sure...

I can dig the chemistry argument, especially if Portland rolls with two "1st" lines.

I agree, McColgan is at this point just a very good junior player. He had a really good rookie season, but other than that nothing really sets him apart. I think it was a really good value trade though for Portland, wasn't it a 7th rounder?

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Looks like one of the top US 98 born players in Patrick Khodorenko could be close to committing with Everett.

Another thing, Tyson Jost will be playing with the Okanagan Rockets in the BCMML next season, he will be attending training camp with the Silvertips and also the Penticton Vees of the BCHL. Hopefully, for the Tips, this doesn't mean he is considering the BCHL-to-NCAA route.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not saying the kid is bad :)

Just saying, what ive seen of him is not top end skills, not point-wise and not play wise..

He is solid for sure...

I can dig the chemistry argument, especially if Portland rolls with two "1st" lines.

I agree, McColgan is at this point just a very good junior player. He had a really good rookie season, but other than that nothing really sets him apart. I think it was a really good value trade though for Portland, wasn't it a 7th rounder?

I got to watch McColgan play first-hand all last season and I think his speed, puck-possession skill and playmaking ability will be a great fit with Petan and Leipsic.

It sounds like he hurt himself this summer training and will be out for at least a few weeks, though, so we'll see how it shakes down.

No matter how you mix and match their top 9, you're going to get great results.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

That's what I see too :) Im not too certain about what they gave for him, but a 7th sounds right, and that is good value indeed. He is pretty experienced by Jr. Standards.

I got to watch McColgan play first-hand all last season and I think his speed, puck-possession skill and playmaking ability will be a great fit with Petan and Leipsic.

It sounds like he hurt himself this summer training and will be out for at least a few weeks, though, so we'll see how it shakes down.

No matter how you mix and match their top 9, you're going to get great results.

Ill take your word for it :)

But I agree, Portland still looks like a great team.. And I suspect they could go all Montreal and roll 3 "1st" lines.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
That's what I see too :) Im not too certain about what they gave for him, but a 7th sounds right, and that is good value indeed. He is pretty experienced by Jr. Standards.

Ill take your word for it :)

But I agree, Portland still looks like a great team.. And I suspect they could go all Montreal and roll 3 "1st" lines.

Portland should win the U.S. division no problem, with or without Seth Jones.

McColgan is being given the 1st line role for two reasons;

1) his experience at the WHL level

2) his skill and two-way game compliments his linemates.

Obviously changes can be made.

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Does anyone know if Barzal will be playing next weekend at the preseason tournament in Everett? I assume so, I bought tickets to the whole thing to see him and other rookies. But mainly him... :laugh:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Does anyone know if Barzal will be playing next weekend at the preseason tournament in Everett? I assume so, I bought tickets to the whole thing to see him and other rookies. But mainly him... :laugh:

Barzal is my biggest curiosity this season.

Excited to see him play this year.

arsmaster*

I still think Portland will slot bjorkstrand into rattie's spot and give De Leo a good veteran skill guy to lean on in McColgan.

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Preseason

I'm going to the Preseason Classic this whole weekend in Everett. I'd like to know if there's anybody I should look out for on any of the teams. Everett, Portland, Seattle, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Victoria will all be playing tomorrow. If anyone wants me to watch certain players, I can do that.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm going to the Preseason Classic this whole weekend in Everett. I'd like to know if there's anybody I should look out for on any of the teams. Everett, Portland, Seattle, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Victoria will all be playing tomorrow. If anyone wants me to watch certain players, I can do that.

One kid that I'm expecting big things from is Linden Penner for Everett. Was close to making the Blades last year, had a great rookie year in the AJHL and was listed by the Tips. He's a big powerforward who can score. Might be a great fit on the 3rd line for them this year.

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
One kid that I'm expecting big things from is Linden Penner for Everett. Was close to making the Blades last year, had a great rookie year in the AJHL and was listed by the Tips. He's a big powerforward who can score. Might be a great fit on the 3rd line for them this year.

Alright I'll watch him. Matt Barzal is playing now, I'll be watching him very closely as well.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Looks like Barzal is settling in nicely on the T-birds 2nd line. Him and Lipsbergs play off each other well. So far he has 3 goals and 8 assists which is tied with Theodore in team high points and have done pretty well in some Shootout situations at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad