2013-14 Vancouver Giants thread

Hordichuk_24

I've copied and pasted excerpts from both press releases which vouch what I stated:

"Blake has had a strong season but he was a player that wanted a change of scenery and we had to get our young guys in a regular rotation," said Giants' Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Bonner.

"Anthony’s agent had asked us to find him a new team and Medicine Hat seemed to be the best fit," said Giants' Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Bonner.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Volek looked great tonight. May have been pumped to play his first game, but he definitely stood out. The Houck, Franson, Traber line was very good tonight as well.

Surprised Rathjen started tonight. Thought they would put Lee in vs PG and save Rathjen for Portland. So much for Lee being the next Sexsmith.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Steve Ewen suggesting Giant should look at moving to Surrey.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Poor+Coliseum+looking/9384275/story.html

A couple things.

1. A blue collar crowd would not revel at taking transit. We're blue collar, not hipsters. Further more, not having a transit line is not why they're averaging under 6000. We averaged over 8000 without it. It's all about the product. The casual fans will come back when they realize they're going to the playoffs.

2. 7000 is too small for a Surrey arena. Make it 8500-10000. Comcast Arena in Everett and Budweiser Gardens in London, ON are good examples.

3. Toigo needs to keep the Giants as far away from the Vancouver Canucks as possible. I'd rather see the team in Abbotsford than Rogers Arena.

4. None of this matters because if there's a 8500 seat arena in Surrey, the Vancouver Stealth will want in too and Toigo has no desire to be co-tenants in an arena. Which is why the Stealth are playing in Langley.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->