Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The top core under 25 thread on the main board made me think (again) about our future roster once MSL is retired:

Palat-Stamkos-Killorn/Erne
Drouin-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Killorn/Erne-T.Johnson-Panik/Brown
Thompson-Paquette-???

I don't see a place for both Namestnikov and Filppula :help:

Hedman-Koekkoek
Carle-Gudas/Sustr
Barberio-Gudas/Sustr
Witkowski, Nesterov

Bishop
Vasilevskiy

This roster lacks almost nothing IMO, but I am not quit happy with the first line right wing.
I don't want to give it to Kucherov, because it doesn't make sense to have two snipers on one line. So we are either able to convert Filppula or Namestnikov to that spot or have to go for a Free Agent, draft somebody or trade for one.

I don't belief Connolly will have any future in Tampa and IMO he walks closer to bust every day.

What are your thoughts?

Not sure why this is in the trade thread but I'll give it a go. To me St. Louis can be a Jagr and play till early 40's so that would be 4-5 more years.

Drouin-Stamkos-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Erne-Namestnikov-Panik
Richard-Paquette-Hart

Hedman-Sustr
Koekkoek-Gudas
Barberio-Blujus

Vasilevskiy
Wilcox

Think by the time Marty hangs them up Carle, Filppula and Purcells contracts would be up or in the last year. Purcell can't see around, not sure how Filppula or Carle will age so they can be resigned but I did this without that.

Feel Vasilevskiy makes Bishop expendable, Erne makes Killorn and Connolly figures it out. Connolly showed his two way game is much improved if he can just translate his AHL scoring to the NHL.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The top core under 25 thread on the main board made me think (again) about our future roster once MSL is retired:

Palat-Stamkos-Killorn/Erne
Drouin-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Killorn/Erne-T.Johnson-Panik/Brown
Thompson-Paquette-???

I don't see a place for both Namestnikov and Filppula :help:

Hedman-Koekkoek
Carle-Gudas/Sustr
Barberio-Gudas/Sustr
Witkowski, Nesterov

Bishop
Vasilevskiy

This roster lacks almost nothing IMO, but I am not quit happy with the first line right wing.
I don't want to give it to Kucherov, because it doesn't make sense to have two snipers on one line. So we are either able to convert Filppula or Namestnikov to that spot or have to go for a Free Agent, draft somebody or trade for one.

I don't belief Connolly will have any future in Tampa and IMO he walks closer to bust every day.

What are your thoughts?

drouin/marty stamkos killorn
fippula namestnikov drouin till marty retires which think he resigns for two more years
palat johnson kucherov
thompson connolly ikonen
panik erne think paquette will get moved unless he can beat out thompson so that means defensively not offensively which I think he will do.

flip actually plays either wing and plays better usually than when center scores more:)

Connolly is not a bust why cause hes in AHL at 21? He is doing very well still with league leaders?

Hedman Sustr
Carle/KoekKoek at some point Gudas
Nesterov/barberio Dotchin/Blujus

hedman sustr
koekkoek gudas
nesterov barberio is my guess barbs can play right.
dotchin

Bishop
Vasilevskis
Gudlevskis
Wilcox

My money is carle is only here for 2 more years after this one and traded. Bishop could be here tops 4 years. Wilcox is awesome but behind so figure will be vasi and guds and wilcox gets moves down the road.

I think we continue to run 11 -7
I think we will have 14 forwards at one point like 2015-2016 season. Next year think will have 8 d men think we pick up one. They will get mixed up at times. Panik spends a whole nother year in ahl. Erne Ikonen Paquette all 2015-2016 not next year guys.

so next year is a lot simpler
marty stamkos killorn
fippula namestnikov who will win job in camp and will be back this year for a bit drouin
palat johnson kucherov
thompson connolly crombeen/brown crombeen gets buried if we pick up another d in offseason.
brown think we make a bid for downey. malone bought out purcell moved pyatt let go.

Hedman Salo
Carle Gudas
Brewer Sustr
barberio

aulie moved for a pick. Korobov buried cote buried

Think we make a move for another d though with purcell? like a shot at girardi by this trade deadline if not ufa boyle first shot if both fail think we pick up mark fayne

Hedman gudas
carle fayne/sustr/sale
brewer sustr/salo/fayne
barberio sustr

I have no idea what they will do with lindback. Hope he comes through if we keep him another year.

hedman boyle
carle gudas
brewer salo
barberio sustr
is really strong same if is girardi:)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

What are your thoughts?

Don't believe he'll bust, but I don't see a future with him here. Kid doesn't look like he can handle the hype/pressure he's received in TB, 6th overall, passed on some great young talent for him, Steve Yzerman's blind faith, playing with future Hall of Famers, constant demotion/promotion, massive competition, and seeing his peers pass him on the depth chart every year.

I can see him lighting it up on a team like PHX or NSH though...

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Don't believe he'll bust, but I don't see a future with him here. Kid doesn't look like he can handle the hype/pressure he's received in TB, 6th overall, passed on some great young talent for him, Steve Yzerman's blind faith, playing with future Hall of Famers, constant demotion/promotion, massive competition, and seeing his peers pass him on the depth chart every year.

I can see him lighting it up on a team like PHX or NSH though...

It is really frustrating that Tampa passed on Cam Fowler to take Connolly, not that I think Connolly won't be able to produce at the NHL level, but defense has always been a position of need for this team. A top 4 with Hedman and Fowler would have been awesome, and clearly made the Lightning a better team. Cam is such a smooth skater.

I also think Connolly will be moved for defensive help, but it obviously won't be as good of a return as compared to having had the opportunity to pick up Fowler. Oh well, hindsight and all that.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
It is really frustrating that Tampa passed on Cam Fowler to take Connolly

I also think Connolly will be moved for defensive help, but it obviously won't be as good of a return as compared to having had the opportunity to pick up Fowler. Oh well, hindsight and all that.

Ya, hindsight and all. It was a risky choice at the time, and it looks like the gamble wasn't the right call in the end. On the plus side, most of SFY's gambles have payed off at least. Hopefully if we do trade him we get a good return, or he can get developed properly into a top 6 skater.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
At least Connolly is still trade bait

"Top Prospects:
Jonathan Drouin, LW, Halifax (QMJHL)
Andrey Vasilevskiy, G, Ufa Salavat Yulayev (KHL)
Vladislav Namestnikov, C, Syracuse (AHL)
Brett Connolly, RW, Syracuse (AHL)
Slater Koekkoek, D, Windsor (OHL).............................

The Plan: Tampa Bay's big addition will be the return of C Steven Stamkos, but Lightning could go for help on defence if they are looking to capitalize on this season -- it's not every year that you get the goaltending they are getting from Ben Bishop.

One advantage that the Lightning have is that they have a well-stocked system, cultivated over the past few seasons, so they have some attractive assets to move, including forwards that haven't been able to crack the Lightning lineup, if they go looking for immediate help."

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=444303

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Its ridiculous not to over pay and get some major upgrade on defense.

Just ridiculous. our cupboard is not only full but its breaking the doors off.

I mean the guy that was in net with Latvia that has all eyes on him now we should just throw him in on something already. (he will never play for the Lightning the way we are stacked at Goalie) We have so much extra trade bait its not even imaginable.

We are one and a half players away on defense to win it all.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
2014 Trade Deadline March 5th

The TD is only 12 days away so I thought it time for a new thread for it.

I presume we will be buyers, but I do not think it will be anything substantial.
Maybe a soon to be UFA D , but not one of the big names.
I think there will be a lot of churn after the playoffs end.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
*Cough Connolly and Purcell for D*

Would you give up a top pairing defenseman for a package of Connolly + Purcell? I don't think many GMs would. Not to say either player is without value, but, neither could be considered very high value at this time. Both would be definite gambles for whoever acquired them. We're not getting a bona fide top 2 D for gambles on streaky sissies. To us, anything less than a top pair guy isn't worth that package, but, IMO nobody is going to give it up.

The same applies to either + a 1st.

The Lightning could afford to part with both forwards. Could probably afford losing many of the other secondary assets we as fans may consider unavailable (i.e. Palat, Johnson, Sustr, Gudas, Kucherov, Drouin, Vasilevski, Panik, Barberio, Killorn, Namestnikov..whoever, just not all at once). Other than Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, and Bishop I'd move any other players/picks in the system necessary to land the right defenseman, confident that we have enough valuable assets in the organization to absorb that loss, and still have the surplus to make similar moves for many years to come.

Honestly, I don't think Yzerman makes any notable deadline deals.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we want to overpay teams are going to want Kucherov or possibly Palat (not sure if the Olympics soured some GM's value of him), they most likely know Purcell and Connolly need to be moved soon so they know they can get them for less. I just don't see us overpaying for a young defender at the deadline. They are harder to get used to a new system so they might not gel right away and we don't get better. Veterans are easiest to integrate into a team without changing the style of the team.

Think we wait till the draft before we make a big move for a defender if we do at all. I really think Yzerman expects Koekkoek or Sustr to be a top 4 defender pretty soon so that would make our top 4 set with Barberio and one of the two as our bottom pair. I expect us to just look for a vet to fill in short term, maybe Gilbert and depending how he does we resign him over Salo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think a lot of people are overestimating the value of some of our young players. Connolly doesn't have a lot of value in the league. Neither does Purcell. If you want a top 2 D, be prepared to part with Kucherov. With free agency and our own D prospects developing, I'm not willing to do that.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
An argument could be made that the rookies got us to this point, so they should get the playoff minutes and experience.

Whether a significant move is made probably depends on how the team does between now and the deadline. The team is currently in a slump, if it continues, the playoffs could be in danger, so a move would likely be made. Barberio has looked nervous, but he's gotten the job done, and he's improving. Gudas started the season well, but has been slumping lately. Playing Aulie and Sustr down the stretch or in the playoffs would make me nervous. I'm good with picking up a vet 7th D for now, and maybe one more depending on how Barbs and Guds handle the next two weeks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
An argument could be made that the rookies got us to this point, so they should get the playoff minutes and experience.

Whether a significant move is made probably depends on how the team does between now and the deadline. The team is currently in a slump, if it continues, the playoffs could be in danger, so a move would likely be made. Barberio has looked nervous, but he's gotten the job done, and he's improving. Gudas started the season well, but has been slumping lately. Playing Aulie and Sustr down the stretch or in the playoffs would make me nervous. I'm good with picking up a vet 7th D for now, and maybe one more depending on how Barbs and Guds handle the next two weeks.

I'm pretty sure there have been reports that Yzerman is indeed in the market for a "top 4." I think he goes after someone < Edler, simply because that's what our expendable parts are most likely to bring in.

Also, Aulie and Pyatt were openly available as of a few weeks ago. I doubt that's changed. Aulie, to me, would be a good fit for a rebuilding team like Buffalo or Edmonton.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Its ridiculous not to over pay and get some major upgrade on defense.

Just ridiculous. our cupboard is not only full but its breaking the doors off.

I mean the guy that was in net with Latvia that has all eyes on him now we should just throw him in on something already. (he will never play for the Lightning the way we are stacked at Goalie) We have so much extra trade bait its not even imaginable.

We are one and a half players away on defense to win it all.
Hahaha no, no its not, and no we're not. I'm as optimistic as anyone, but we're a bit of a ways off, and the trade deadline could throw a huge cog in all of it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I am glad stevie is running things cause the lack of patience is amazing.

First we are tied I believe 3 ways for 12th in scoring!! We are 6th in defense.

WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM THAN? SCORING.

You can add special teams but we have kids.

To those naming players to let go some I do not agree with.

I go this order for value to team of whom would trade package wise etc. Our defense has been fine though with bishop for real. So we need to score more is that simple. Problem is a bunch of kids who are growing maturing and probably going to get better score more etc. GIVE IT TIME.

Stamkos Hedman Bishop Marty (has earned even if declines retiring here and even having a bad season before retires here) Palat Fippula Vasilevskis Drouin Gudas Johnson Kucherov Carle (will trade for right hand D with other attributes? More physical but blocks shots cause Matt is great at that or true power play qb type?) Will trade Carle also for an upgrade.

Everyone else is expendable and could trade 2 guys would like to keep cupboards stocked so giving up a couple guys is ok. Want to keep all 1st and 2nds if can. Would rather do a killorn purcell killorn connolly connolly purcell deal mid pick for a good defender if available.

Think we can solve our problems though in UFA unless is Girardi. Can use a band aid for now. Trade someone in a year for RH D guy or two years when is proven has higher value:)

I would give namestnikov and killorn biggest value than purcell everyone else can be used as trades to do a package. I would keep Vladdy cause never have too many two way centers:)

I personally would prefer a run on girardi right now before trade deadline. If falls down wait on Dan Boyle sign him 2-3 years. If not him Mark Fayne.

If those fall down let kids play practice sign salo which think do no matter what and see how everyone looks and make a trade after next season starts if or as needed.

Trades???????????????

I think all trades should center around Teddy Purcell. I will take a kid like gormley larsson despres who will make Carle expendable in time but would rather shoot for a tanev ceci pysyk. Will say JOSI is flat out tops on my list.

Any of those guys could be gotten with Purcell plus you throw connolly or Killorn in mix so give up two proven top six or a close to ready to prove and proven? add a pick I think we can get any of them honestly.

Josi is only guy I deal with a top pick for. We can wait is time. A band aid will work is plenty of guys can pick up.

I really feel Sustr is a number two of the future. KoekKoek is also a number one or 2 we are fine just need some time.

BOYLE is a dream come true.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If that trade happened Yzerman would need to start traveling in a bullet proof car.
lol that is what I thought and I LOVE STEVIE Y lol favorite player now my GM I mean this would kill me personally.

Is just crazy to think this many fans really think this could happen cause if does dammm I can see an uprising in tampa like nothing weve ever seen this would not be way to keep attendance at this point lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm just amazed that Yzerman's been working the Sochi phones so hard to get this deal done. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad