**2013-14 Senators Season Preview**

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Not entirely sure what you're barking about.

Really? Come on. Surely you can recognize the difference between the original post and some of what followed. If not, it'll have to end here. There's a difference between being critical and just sniping. I mean, I've come to expect it, the whole anonymity thing, how it can embolden certain people. I just thought it was getting a bit gratuitous. It's fine to have pride about your team, but you don't need to be a loud "patriotic" dick about it. I didn't even find the original analysis to be all that negative or critical. And there's another difference: a thoughtful, page-long analysis versus thoughtless, bite-sized barbs. Criticism breeds criticism? More like difference of opinion breeds vitriol. Anyway, not a big deal. I'm past it now. Take care.

Last edited:

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Now that we're a quarter through the season, I would like the opportunity to defend myself.

Most of you were wrong, and most of the things I said we're right.

Thank you.

You can give me an infraction if you want, but in all honesty I feel I was unfairly dumped on for posting a realistic preview. Most of my points have quite simply been right:

Goaltending (A) - Yeah that's pretty bang-on. Going back to the Western roadtrip to start the year, the goaltending has been stellar and certainly not the reason the Sens are losing games. Point me.

Defense (C+) - Everyone hated me for this one...BUT- The Sens are getting consistently outshot. And quite frankly are awful in their own zone. Point me.

Offense (C) - The Sens are scoring in bunches, and can't seem to score the big goal when needed. C was probably a little low, but some of you were talking about Zibanejad and Pageau as saviours- point me.

Special Teams (B+) - A little off here. I expected the Sens' PK to be very good, and it's been mediocre at best.

I had the Sens pegged for 6th-9th, and right now that looks generous if they can't find consistency.

So once again- Point me. Oh and Pageau? Banished to the minors. Half-point me.

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Now that we're a quarter through the season, I would like the opportunity to defend myself.

Thank you.

You can give me an infraction if you want, but in all honesty I feel I was unfairly dumped on for posting a realistic preview. Most of my points have quite simply been right:

Goaltending (A) - Yeah that's pretty bang-on. Going back to the Western roadtrip to start the year, the goaltending has been stellar and certainly not the reason the Sens are losing games. Point me.

Defense (C+) - Everyone hated me for this one...BUT- The Sens are getting consistently outshot. And quite frankly are awful in their own zone. Point me.

Offense (C) - The Sens are scoring in bunches, and can't seem to score the big goal when needed. C was probably a little low, but some of you were talking about Zibanejad and Pageau as saviours- point me.

Special Teams (B+) - A little off here. I expected the Sens' PK to be very good, and it's been mediocre at best.

I had the Sens pegged for 6th-9th, and right now that looks generous if they can't find consistency.

So once again- Point me. Oh and Pageau? Banished to the minors. Half-point me.

you're funny

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Thank you.

You can give me an infraction if you want, but in all honesty I feel I was unfairly dumped on for posting a realistic preview. Most of my points have quite simply been right.

You were right as much as you were wrong.

Karlsson never lost his footspeed. Zibanejad is on top line. Condra and Neil are on bottom 6. DaCosta never got 30 points. Cowen has not been stable presence on D. None of Spezza and Michalek and Ryan have been injured yet. All posting above the point totals you gave them. Doesn't even look like we'll be finished 6th-9th.

You were right: Pageau demoted, defense letting in more shots cause it's slower(You weren't only one worried about defense, pretty obvious it was weakest point heading into season)

That's basically it.

Nice to know that the season ends today, btw. You're setting yourself up for some severe backlash if things work well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, a month and a half is not a good time to start chafing. There's plenty of hockey to be played yet.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I know I just felt like people started piling on at some point. Some of my predictions that were most-bashed happen to have been right. That's all.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know I just felt like people started piling on at some point. Some of my predictions that were most-bashed happen to have been right. That's all.

Not really, man. You saw the through some of the flaws but your analysis was still lacking.

Your analysis on individual players was all over the place and fairly inaccurate.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I respect you for putting it out there, though. It takes courage to put it down and know that one day you'll be right or wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->