Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Another prospect down the drain.

This isn't a new thing with him. This is just the story coming out over what actually happened in September.

A misdemeanor charge should have no impact on his career. It doesn't speak well for his judgement, and for sure it makes come off poorly though. IIRC, Michigan has more than a few issues with athletes intimidating or assaulting students.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Another prospect down the drain.

I highly doubt he'll be down the drain with a misdemeanor charge for shoving a guy. **** like that happens, it was probably in conjunction with some garbage drunk party or something.

It's not like it's a possession charge or something.

Primetimey*

This isn't a new thing with him. This is just the story coming out over what actually happened in September.

A misdemeanor charge should have no impact on his career. It doesn't speak well for his judgement, and for sure it makes come off poorly though. IIRC, Michigan has more than a few issues with athletes intimidating or assaulting students.

I just can't see someone who does stupid stuff ( constantly ) having the ability to make the NHL. You need 100% dedication and commitment during the season and off-season.

Guptill seems like the most half-ass, lazy, "I don't care", attitude kid there is.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I just can't see someone who does stupid stuff ( constantly ) having the ability to make the NHL. You need 100% dedication and commitment during the season and off-season.

Guptill seems like the most half-ass, lazy, "I don't care", attitude kid there is.

That's fair, and I wouldn't argue against that opinion. At first glance, I though you might have believed this was a new event in addition to the first two suspensions, and I just wanted to clarify.

Talent and ability though, I know Jackson was very excited about him so I'm hoping to see a Glennie type transformation if Guptill gets to spend some time with Willie Desjardins.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
If Guptill comes up soon or if Coach Willie sticks around another season, Willie will whip him to shape.

Willie made huge strides with Glennie who had that same sort of "lazy" attitude and he turned Roussel from the goon he was into something a bit better.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Any news if Lindell will sign soon? His Jokerit teammate Petteri Lindbohm signed with St Louis today.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Any news if Lindell will sign soon? His Jokerit teammate Petteri Lindbohm signed with St Louis today.

I'd honestly expect you or someone from Finland to have that info before any of us. Dallas' media actually doesn't report too often on stuff like that. They usually pass it on after the fact. They tend to only focus on the NHL and AHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle wins again, this time in a shootout. The win gives them 5 points and a tie for 2nd. They have the tie breaker because of goal differential. 1st place has 6 points, and 4th/5th both have 4.

It's a tight race after 3 games, and there are 7 games remaining.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
John Klingberg picked up a primary assist and Frolunda ties up the series at 2.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Gemel Smith scored a goal and got two assists en route to a 6-1 win for London. Got to see him live for the first time in a while and he looked pretty good overall. He has great speed and a great shot. The only issue I have seen from him is that, in some regard, has Erik Cole hands (often bobbles the puck on passes).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I haven't paid a ton of attention to Vance this year. I now at best he's probably a defensive 4, 5, or 6 so he's someone I planned on starting to play closer attention when he goes pro.

I did just notice though that his team is in the unfortunate position of facing Halifax. His season will likely end soon. They got drubbed 6-3 in Game 1, but Vance did pick up 2 assists.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Farjestad loses today. Bystrom has played a combined 0 minutes in the last 2 games.

Farjestad still leads the series 3-1.

marty182

Jul 19, 2013
I haven't paid a ton of attention to Vance this year. I now at best he's probably a defensive 4, 5, or 6 so he's someone I planned on starting to play closer attention when he goes pro.

I did just notice though that his team is in the unfortunate position of facing Halifax. His season will likely end soon. They got drubbed 6-3 in Game 1, but Vance did pick up 2 assists.
he had 2 assists and -3

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Gemel Smith was the centrepiece of a line brawl. He got sucker punched and then absolutely lost his mind. Started punching the other guy while the other guy was tied up by the ref.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The stats didn't look pretty for Desrosiers in Game 1, but the team got the win. He only stopped 13 of 16 shots in a 5-3 win on Friday night.

Today, his team again did an amazing job of limiting shots as he stopped 17 of 18 in a 6-1 win.

Troy Vance and Charlottetown fall 7-1 to Halifax.

Both teams play Game 3 on Tuesday night.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guptill NCAA update:

UNH lost Hockey East: Check

Ohio Lose:

USCHO.com ‏@USCHO 2m
Wisconsin and Ohio State are tied 4-4 after regulation in the Big Ten championship game.

Still hope.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Check that ... no hope.

ND tore up WMU in the consolation game 5-0.

That should mean Michigan's season is over.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sudbury is trying some positive spin with the series coming to their house, but the fact is they're down 0-2 to Barrie. They've been playing awful hockey for months.

Next two games are Tuesday and Thursday. Faksa could be AHL bound by this weekend.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
John Klingberg picked up an assist and 21 + minutes on the ice in a 6-2 win. Frolunda leads their series 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->