2013-14 Out of Town Thread-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Dirty play by Kadri.. the lil bastid.

Made no attempt to hold up coming upon the crease, and a headshot causing injury to a goalie?

Again, if the league wants to send a message about headshots, there's has to be a suspension.

Just think, if Kadri gets suspended.....the Laffs are out their three top line centers.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Crosby is such a dbag whacking Emory after the buzzer sounds.

Cry more Pittsburgh.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
You're kidding?

And, after running Backstrom?

How did we get labeled a dirty team in the first place?

Watching the wrong game.

Yup. Should've gotten the match for the Backs run that he got for the Granlund headshot.

****ing dirty.

Now Parise's goal goes off Phil's skate. Thank you Kessel indeed.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He definitely launched himself into Granlund.

821623594.gif

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Yup. Should've gotten the match for the Backs run that he got for the Granlund headshot.

****ing dirty.

Now Parise's goal goes off Phil's skate. Thank you Kessel indeed.

He explodes upward there, but not sure that's a headshot. Thinking more they were watching him after running Backstrom. You have to be able to make that hit. Just not in the dome, not sure it was, hard to tell.

But if people are going to whine a/b Lucic running over miller at the face off dot on what he thought was a breakaway. They better make an example of Kadri on Backstrom. Miller could have gotten low, like Tuukka has at least two times this season. Instead he stood there w/ his shoulder out like a ****in banana head. Backstrom, and any other goalie in the crease is totally defenseless, and fully dependent on players making an honest effort putting the brakes on. Kadri should sit for that.

Edit: yeah, that 2nd angle is nasty.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
He explodes upward there, but not sure that's a headshot. Thinking more they were watching him after running Backstrom. You have to be able to make that hit. Just not in the dome, not sure it was, hard to tell.

But if people are going to whine a/b Lucic running over miller at the face off dot on what he thought was a breakaway. They better make an example of Kadri on Backstrom. Miller could have gotten low, like Tuukka has at least two times this season. Instead he stood there w/ his shoulder out like a ****in banana head. Backstrom, and any other goalie in the crease is totally defenseless, and fully dependent on players making an honest effort putting the brakes on. Kadri should sit for that.

It looks like Granny takes that one on the chin so there's a lot of gray area on that one, and I'll be the first to admit being a big Minnesota guy I don't want to see those dirty hits on my guys and it colors my thinking for a few moments.

The bigger issue is why Kadri doesn't get tossed for blatantly running through the crease and elbowing Backs in the melon. Like I said, the 5 and 10 for the Granlund hit is almost 100% a makeup call for the Backstrom run.

That whole game saw Toronto doing their best Sabres impression. I thought they were emulating their squad after Boston, not Buffalo.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
It looks like Granny takes that one on the chin so there's a lot of gray area on that one, and I'll be the first to admit being a big Minnesota guy I don't want to see those dirty hits on my guys and it colors my thinking for a few moments.

The bigger issue is why Kadri doesn't get tossed for blatantly running through the crease and elbowing Backs in the melon. Like I said, the 5 and 10 for the Granlund hit is almost 100% a makeup call for the Backstrom run.

That whole game saw Toronto doing their best Sabres impression. I thought they were emulating their squad after Boston, not Buffalo.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know, both skates leave the ice as he launches himself up and makes head contact. Looks like five and a game was at least well earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->