2013-14 Out of Town Thread-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
We're much different I don't see Bruins fans putting together various videos and editing them to further an agenda to of how a team is contradicting and evil with the way they play. I don't hear people talk about the Thornton trade anymore and most the Kessel stuff I hear is jokes.

Almost feel like joining that forum to talk ****. :laugh:

Lucifer is a bruins fan.

He would have been drafted by o'connell, but preferred the lower level affiliation he has.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
We're much different I don't see Bruins fans putting together various videos and editing them to further an agenda to of how a team is contradicting and evil with the way they play. I don't hear people talk about the Thornton trade anymore and most the Kessel stuff I hear is jokes.

Almost feel like joining that forum to talk ****. :laugh:

It's embarrassing, particularly when you realize they're most likely adults who are expected to contribute to society.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
No, per McKenzie, "the search for a GM is on."

They're also saying Nolan is an "interim" coach. Sounds like a cluster****.

In that case it won't get any worse seeing how it was already a cluster****.

IMO they had to do something. They went from a fairly promising team to a total train wreck in record time.

Lindy Ruff must be laughing his @$$ off in Dallas.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

IMO they had to do something. They went from a fairly promising team to a total train wreck in record time.

That WAS a quick turnaround. Brutal for Sabres fans.

At least they seem willing to admit their mistakes.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

To mix metaphors, this seems like cutting down your mast in the middle of a storm. At least you don't capsize, but then you're stuck without a means of movement.

Now they have to find a new mast and start rebuilding.

Since my brother-in-law calls himself a Sabres fan (though I doubt he could name half the team), I'm not crying. :laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

The main board topic about players you hate the most is hilarious.

Marchand, Chara and Lucic lead the pack. Mostly comments about Marchand and Lucic's looks which strike me as odd

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
NHL Rivals documenting the Pens/Flyers rivalry...man, talk about hate. Some epic battles.

reading the Flyer board, and I know they've struggled out of the gate, some of their fans questioning Giroux's ability to be a captain of that team. The detailing of game 7 of the 2012 ECSF matchup, how Giroux told his team to watch for his very first shift....he comes out and destroys Crosby with that monster check at the red line, then goes and scores on the very first shot on the game 20 seconds later.

Lacking any real leadership on that team to that point, jesus, what an epic shift for G. Probably earned the C from that 20 second interval right there.

Always love these matchups.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Fiddler has asked for a trade out of Dallas. Would be a nice little add for any team. Bruins could even use him as a good left-handed faceoff guy with Kelly struggling a bit in the dot, but he'd be redundant on this team otherwise.

Fiddler has asked for a trade?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
NHL Rivals documenting the Pens/Flyers rivalry...man, talk about hate. Some epic battles.

reading the Flyer board, and I know they've struggled out of the gate, some of their fans questioning Giroux's ability to be a captain of that team. The detailing of game 7 of the 2012 ECSF matchup, how Giroux told his team to watch for his very first shift....he comes out and destroys Crosby with that monster check at the red line, then goes and scores on the very first shot on the game 20 seconds later.

Lacking any real leadership on that team to that point, jesus, what an epic shift for G. Probably earned the C from that 20 second interval right there.

Always love these matchups.

I've been a Giroux fan for years (my Flyers fan friend turned me on to him; she's a Krejci fan in return ;)), and I don't doubt his ability or his heart at all. But being a captain entails a lot more than one great shift, or one great game, or even a series. For one thing, as we've seen even with a solid team like the Bruins, you need a lot of support, and I don't think he's gotten it. Could be it's too tough a job for any one guy.

member 96824

Can't say it's the first time a Penguin has looked like a soccer player

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The main board topic about players you hate the most is hilarious.

Marchand, Chara and Lucic lead the pack. Mostly comments about Marchand and Lucic's looks which strike me as odd

I had to go look. :shakehead

All the Chara hate gets me - I can understand not liking the guy, but to say he deliberately injures people is just so clueless. I've seen the guy close up. He is a monster. He could, if he wanted to, cripple someone on every shift. That he's had one disciplinary hearing in his NHL career is frankly astounding. If I was him, putting up with the hacking/slashing/pounding he gets every game, I would have lost it a long time ago and killed somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad