League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Giguere is starting.

nvm you're right.

Varlamov has been pretty confident that nothing will happen. However gotta wonder how many players until the ordeal is over will try to make a name for themselves by taking runs on Varly and how his teammates will respond.

"take runs"? I don't see it. He'll likely get chirped. Varly isn't exactly a household name to "make a name for themselves".

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Apparently the Bruins should of just sucked it up and just made Seguin a center.

He's so damn good every game with the Stars.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Leafs at Canucks on HNIC has been very entertaining so far. Burrows just got Kessel to drop the gloves though it was over in 5 seconds when Kessel fell over. Reimer has been amazing so far.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
idre0h2M506X7.gif

Nice and a major :facepalm: when people bring up Malkin or Datsyuk in regards to this move.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Every time Jamie Benn scores a GWG or SO winner and NHL.com doesn't use the headline "Benn-ed Over", I lose a little bit of respect for them.

Liberati0n*

Every time Jamie Benn scores a GWG or SO winner and NHL.com doesn't use the headline "Benn-ed Over", I lose a little bit of respect for them.

"Benn, Don't Break" plays on the same word, so they're almost there.

More important, this isn't Canada; the comma goes inside the quotations.:teach2:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Doesn't seem like Boudreau has to encourage the Ducks to "Outwork the fuggers" - they pretty much seem to do it every shift. The battle level up and down that lineup is impressive.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Metropolit's points don't count now because he plays "the wrong way" haven't you heard.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Which center should have been scratched now to place MP in the roster? Backstrom? Johansson? Grabovski? Latta?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
You could argue that if management had more confidence in Perrault, the $3 million in Grabo money could have been used to get a stable partner for Green.

I'm not necessarily making that argument, because I like Grabo. But Matty P had pretty good success playing with Chimmer and Ward down the stretch last year.

All that said, the composition of that Ducks team is better for Matty P's game - the team is bigger and the players up and down the lineup play a more responsible and "harder" game. Perrault can do his water bug thing a bit more freely and aggressively, because there's more assurance that his mates will cover for him when a high-risk play goes awry. As a result, you play with more confidence - and that magnifies if your coach is showing confidence in you.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Which center should have been scratched now to place MP in the roster? Backstrom? Johansson? Grabovski? Latta?

None, you scratch him; his prime role remains the same for us, as scoring C depth. Just because he is ours, it doesn't mean we have to play him. I am happy he is getting a chance though.

C scoring depth is worth probably a million dollars. Grabs in the mix certainly changed things. But MP showed me enough in the past playoffs, that he was worth a look at 2C.

Grabs is on his way to be unaffordable next year: Nick MJ Laich Latta

Liberati0n*

Uhhh, the one who wasn't even considered a center at the time? Except, you know, you don't actually need to scratch anyone except Volpatti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad