2013-14 OHL Starting Goaltenders

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
There seems to be some interesting battles shaping up for starting goaltender slots. I am sure most teams have their favourites to start but on a few team there are some promising backups who could steal the crease.

Opening up the discussion here, are these the "favourites" for each team to start between the pipes. If I am forgetting anyone, please don't hesitate to post...

BAR - Fortinos
BELV - Graham (M. Subban definitely gone?)
ERIE - Dansk
GUE - DaSilva (or does Mancina start?)
KGN - Mahalak
KIT - Teichmann
LDN - Stolarz
MISS - S. Martin
NIA - Festarini (or does Moran take over? Not yet likely)
NB - J. Smith
OSH - Altshuller
OTT - Windsor
OS - Hope or does McNiven walk into the starters role? Biggest question mark for me.
PBO - Giugovaz
PLY - Nedeljkavic
SAG - Paterson
SAR - Barrick
SSM - Murray (loved back up Nichols too last year)
SBY - Palazzese
WSR - Dekort

Chat away

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Hopefully soon, Matt Murray becomes a starter for the Guelph Storm..

I think right now, it's still wide open between Da Silva and Mancina. Probably slight edge to Da Silva, but these final two pre-season game will mean a lot for these two.

Spitsfan67*

Unless dekort does a full 180, were ****** lol....Spits have no chance with Dekort and Kuchmey IMO Atleast they need to trade for a more reliable goalie, gotta have confidence in your goalie to steal the odd one and keep the team in the game...and Im scared with Dekort!!

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Didn't the Wolves acquire Connor Crisp to battle for the #1 job with Palazzese? :naughty:

Com'on, someone had to mention Crisp in net!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Serebryakov has looked much improved from last year. He could easily handle the starting job this year if we didn't have Paterson. Saginaw will have the best goalie tandem in the league.

Really hope that Gilbert plays Serebryakov about 25-30 games. The one thing that has got to Spirit goaltending in the past when they gone for a run is that they haven't had a reliable back up. Happened to Pasquale and it happened to Parks. Both got overworked by the end of the season and it hurt us in the playoffs, especially in Parks' case. A Jake Paterson who's not overworked could be a beast come playoff time.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
There seems to be some interesting battles shaping up for starting goaltender slots. I am sure most teams have their favourites to start but on a few team there are some promising backups who could steal the crease.

Opening up the discussion here, are these the "favourites" for each team to start between the pipes. If I am forgetting anyone, please don't hesitate to post...

BAR - Fortinos
BELV - Graham (M. Subban definitely gone?)
ERIE - Dansk
GUE - DaSilva (or does Mancina start?)
KGN - Mahalak
KIT - Teichmann
LDN - Stolarz
MISS - S. Martin
NIA - Festarini (or does Moran take over? Not yet likely)
NB - J. Smith
OSH - Altshuller
OTT - Windsor
OS - Hope or does McNiven walk into the starters role? Biggest question mark for me.
PBO - Giugovaz
PLY - Nedeljkavic
SAG - Paterson
SAR - Barrick
SSM - Murray (loved back up Nichols too last year)
SBY - Palazzese
WSR - Dekort

Chat away

D'Agostini will be the starter for the Petes. Otherwise why waste an OA spot on a backup.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Giggy could easily be a starter I believe, but right now D'agostini is the guy and Giugovaz will play a lot if he does well. Similar to last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad