2013-14 OHL Preview: Frontenacs could be class of rebuilding East Division

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

This is part three of a four-part series previewing the 2013-14 Ontario Hockey League season. We continue in the OHL’s Eastern Conference with the East Division.

Belleville Bulls

Last season, 44-16-5-3, 96 points 1st in the East, 1st in the Eastern Conference, lost to the Barrie Colts in Eastern Conference finals.

The Belleville Bulls have been atop the OHL's Eastern Conference for the past couple of years. But it appears that the traditional OHL cycle has caught up with them and they’ll likely suffer this year due to a couple of key graduations.

The Bulls will lose their starting netminder, Malcolm Subban, and last year’s leading scorer, Tyler Graovac, as both are eligible to play in the AHL and neither are likely to return for an overage season.… read more

More...

NV

Aug 22, 2003
The Frontenacs who had 60 points last season are favoured to win the division because they have so many returning players.

The Petes who had 59 points last season will miss the playoffs again because they lost Nick Czinder and Brett Findlay.

What am I missing here?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The Frontenacs who had 60 points last season are favoured to win the division because they have so many returning players.

The Petes who had 59 points last season will miss the playoffs again because they lost Nick Czinder and Brett Findlay.

What am I missing here?

I dont have a problem re Kingston,but agree with you re Peterborough,I think they
finish 4th or 5th

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
This prediction is off the mark I believe with respect to the Petes. Kingston should do well but the Petes are definitely better and should make the playoffs easily this year.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Haha - yeah I know a crummy start to the season for the Petes! What was up with that!!!? BTW I meant that the Petes were better then the prediction made about them not better then the Fronts.......

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Haha - yeah I know a crummy start to the season for the Petes! What was up with that!!!? BTW I meant that the Petes were better then the prediction made about them not better then the Fronts.......

Fronts are the real deal. Very fast, very skilled. Petes are much better then they showed last night. That was just simply embarrassing. Super rookie Lorentz had a 3 point debut though.. One and only bright spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad