Greening - Spezza - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Schneider - Zibanejad - Michalek
Z. Smith - Grant - Neil/Kassian

Cowen- Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba/Boroweicki

Lehner - Anderson

Don't see why conacher is not in ur long term plans. but otherwise great line up.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Cowen- Karlsson
Methot - Ceci

Lehner - Anderson

Conacher vanished?
You re-signed Michalek even though you have an internal budget? Not sure how much he would cost but why not try to get a bigger fish?
Greening and Stone on the first line? :cry:
What's the obsession with Grant? I know he's tall but he doesn't provide much offense. I'd rather have JOB to be honest. And I have always been a Grant supporter for his BCHL days.

Personally, here's what I'd do (this is all for fun)

Trade Gryba, Greening and Condra. Maybe Da Costa and Hoffman too. Try to get picks or younger prospects. Sign a big UFA forward. Re-sign Phillips for veteran leadership depth on defense (use him on 3rd pairing and PK)

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER (some of those cap hits are estimations)

Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Cory Conacher ($1.700m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / UFA Forward ($6.000m)
Andre Petersson ($0.900m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Mark Stone ($0.603m)
Cole Schneider ($0.900m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau ($0.613m) / Derek Grant ($0.900m)

Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Patrick Wiercioch ($2.000m) / Chris Phillips ($2.500m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m) / Fredrik Claesson ($0.623m)

Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.000m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,528,333; BONUSES: $1,626,667
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $11,571,667

I have 1 extra man to show who my first call-ups would be. Stone, Pageau, Petersson, Schneider and Grant fight for ice-time. And there's many other guys that will compete for a spot too (Prince, Puempel, Lazar...)

On defense, we don't really need to re-sign Phillips cause we have depth to replace him but can we afford to lose his experience, leadership and meaning to the city after what happened with Alfie?

==========================

So many good UFAs this year wow

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

We need to strike one

Vanek? Gaborik? Cammalleri? Marleau? Hemsky? Callahan? Moulson? Vrbata?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010

Cowen- Karlsson
Methot - Ceci

Lehner - Anderson

Doesn't look like a playoff team, especially with that D corps.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hoffman-spezza-pageau
macA-turris-Ryan
conacher-Zibanejad-Stone
Condra-Smith-Neil

D lines stay the same with more except more wiercioch

I think Hoffman has the speed and shot to make things a bit easier for spezza, with the defensive conscience of pageau. Spezza needs to go back to having someone to set up in scoring areas. Not a line that continually dumps it in. Hoffman has a heatley like one timer.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Lines after Spezza return

I am very curious to how people see the lines shaking out once Spezza returns.

16-7-9
44-19-61
9-93-89
14-15-22

or maybe

16-7-9
9-19-22
89-93-61
14-15-44

?????

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
What does it matter? Instant loss, even if Phillips gets a hat trick and Anderson gets a shutout.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Why bother figuring them out? They'll just change during the first game (and every subsequent game). Its kinda annoying but it is what it is.

But to play nice (what I'd like):
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zibby-Michalek
Hoffman-Spezza-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

What we'll get:
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Zibby-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Stone

and for the love of god, get PW out there at #3LD each and every game!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Why bother figuring them out? They'll just change during the first game (and every subsequent game). Its kinda annoying but it is what it is.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zibby-Michalek
Hoffman-Spezza-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

What we'll get:
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Zibby-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Stone

Notice how the lines stay the same when Spezza doesn't play. We spend to much time trying to find guys that can play with Spezza :shakehead

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zibby-Michalek
Hoffman-Spezza-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

What we'll get:
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Zibby-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Stone

healthy spezza almost got greening to 20 goals, and michalek to 35. I think he can get each stone and hoffmas greening+ numbers

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Conacher vanished?
You re-signed Michalek even though you have an internal budget? Not sure how much he would cost but why not try to get a bigger fish?
Greening and Stone on the first line? :cry:
What's the obsession with Grant? I know he's tall but he doesn't provide much offense. I'd rather have JOB to be honest. And I have always been a Grant supporter for his BCHL days.

Personally, here's what I'd do (this is all for fun)

Trade Gryba, Greening and Condra. Maybe Da Costa and Hoffman too. Try to get picks or younger prospects. Sign a big UFA forward. Re-sign Phillips for veteran leadership depth on defense (use him on 3rd pairing and PK)

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER (some of those cap hits are estimations)

Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Cory Conacher ($1.700m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / UFA Forward ($6.000m)
Andre Petersson ($0.900m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Mark Stone ($0.603m)
Cole Schneider ($0.900m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau ($0.613m) / Derek Grant ($0.900m)

Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Patrick Wiercioch ($2.000m) / Chris Phillips ($2.500m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m) / Fredrik Claesson ($0.623m)

Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.000m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,528,333; BONUSES: $1,626,667
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $11,571,667

I have 1 extra man to show who my first call-ups would be. Stone, Pageau, Petersson, Schneider and Grant fight for ice-time. And there's many other guys that will compete for a spot too (Prince, Puempel, Lazar...)

On defense, we don't really need to re-sign Phillips cause we have depth to replace him but can we afford to lose his experience, leadership and meaning to the city after what happened with Alfie?

==========================

So many good UFAs this year wow

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

We need to strike one

Vanek? Gaborik? Cammalleri? Marleau? Hemsky? Callahan? Moulson? Vrbata?

If BM was able to sign a better player than Michalek that would be great, if he could sign a better player than Michalek & still keep Michalek that would be better. I'm not like most on here who think Michalek is done, I think he still has a lot of very good hockey left in him, he is only 29 yrs old & plays a great two way game. I just don't know if Ottawa will be able to sign expensive free agents & what the budget will be.

Conacher isn't in my lineup because I think Schneider has the potential to be a better player. While Conacher is finally having some success now, he wasn't earlier in the season & we don't know if it will continue. And as you know I have a preference for a bigger, tougher team that is hard to play against & don't mind losing a little skill for more size & toughness. That's why I have Grant, Stone & Schneider in my lineup over Conacher, Pageau & Condra. I also think Ottawa would do well to add a big scoring LWer (Mantha), I would like to see how Stone does with Spezza before Ottawa signs another RWer. Just a preference, I'm not a fan of Petersson either.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If BM was able to sign a better player than Michalek that would be great, if he could sign a better player than Michalek & still keep Michalek that would be better. I'm not like most on here who think Michalek is done, I think he still has a lot of very good hockey left in him, he is only 29 yrs old & plays a great two way game. I just don't know if Ottawa will be able to sign expensive free agents & what the budget will be.

Conacher isn't in my lineup because I think Schneider has the potential to be a better player. While Conacher is finally having some success now, he wasn't earlier in the season & we don't know if it will continue. And as you know I have a preference for a bigger, tougher team that is hard to play against & don't mind losing a little skill for more size & toughness. That's why I have Grant, Stone & Schneider in my lineup over Conacher, Pageau & Condra. I also think Ottawa would do well to add a big scoring LWer (Mantha), I would like to see how Stone does with Spezza before Ottawa signs another RWer. Just a preference, I'm not a fan of Petersson either.

You really don't see how size clouds your judgement do you ? Obviously if all things are equal a bigger guy is better than a smaller guy, but man are you obsessed with size. I would never of guessed you wouldn't like small Petersson. Schneider has the potential to be a better player than Conacher. Seeing I have never seen any NHL executive say anything like this, what do you base this statement on if it is not size ?

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

Guessing Matt Puempel is too small for you? You know the kid that is already in our system, has very good goal scorer, can fight. The kid who has a full season in Bingo already.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You really don't see how size clouds your judgement do you ? Obviously if all things are equal a bigger guy is better than a smaller guy, but man are you obsessed with size. I would never of guessed you wouldn't like small Petersson. Schneider has the potential to be a better player than Conacher. Seeing I have never seen any NHL executive say anything like this, what do you base this statement on if it is not size ?

And you have no clue what you are talking about. Petersson is too fragile while he is a decent goal scorer he would be constantly injured in the NHL, I wonder why he hasn't been called back up & will soon be playing in Europe? Conacher is playing well now but he wasn't for the first 30 games or so. What do you base Conacher being a better player, his time in Tampa? BTW how many NHL execs do you know or follow? I base it on what I see & what I project from a certain player, I base it on my own analysis watching Bingo & Ottawa play, the development camp etc... I make up my own mind. Why should I agree with you when I don't most of the time?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

- In my scenario, I have signed a 6.0 forward and we are still over 12 millions in cap space... should be fine for the budget. Goal is to replace Greening and Michalek cap hit by a better offensive player. Vanek, Callahan or Moulson would be great

- You say Conacher isn't in your line-up because Schneider has potential to be better but they are both in my line-up! However, we need to see what Schneider can do at the NHL level first, but yea, he deserves a call-up

- I think my team is big and tough enough. Despite having Conacher, Pageau, Condra and Karlsson, Sens are top-3 in hits this year and shouldn't be scared of anyone if there is a line brawl with guys like Kassian, Neil, Cowen, Smith, Gryba, Methot...

- Currently, Sens are 7th in weight (Habs are heavier lol), 5th in height (Habs are smallest) despite being the 2nd youngest team (Habs are 2nd oldest)...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league_home.php?leagueid=7&sort=ht

- I would like to see what Spezza could do with Petersson and Stone? Both guys have skill and Petersson's shot is tremendous. They would be insulated if we had 2 stronger 2-way lines. If we keep Spezza, might as well use him to develop young offensive talent.

- Check my lines, they all have enough size.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- In my scenario, I have signed a 6.0 forward and we are still over 12 millions in cap space... should be fine for the budget. Goal is to replace Greening and Michalek cap hit by a better offensive player. Vanek, Callahan or Moulson would be great

- You say Conacher isn't in your line-up because Schneider has potential to be better but they are both in my line-up! However, we need to see what Schneider can do at the NHL level first, but yea, he deserves a call-up

- I think my team is big and tough enough. Despite having Conacher, Pageau, Condra and Karlsson, Sens are top-3 in hits this year and shouldn't be scared of anyone if there is a line brawl with guys like Kassian, Neil, Cowen, Smith, Gryba, Methot...

- Currently, Sens are 7th in weight (Habs are heavier lol), 5th in height (Habs are smallest) despite being the 2nd youngest team (Habs are 2nd oldest)...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league_home.php?leagueid=7&sort=ht

- I would like to see what Spezza could do with Petersson and Stone? Both guys have skill and Petersson's shot is tremendous. They would be insulated if we had 2 stronger 2-way lines. If we keep Spezza, might as well use him to develop young offensive talent.

- Check my lines, they all have enough size.

Good post, you made good points & were respectful, I appreciate that. I don't agree with some things as you can expect but I don't totally disagree with others. I would be surprised if Petersson got another callup but why not? There are probably a few guys who should maybe get one more shot before they are permanently out of the organization such as Hoffman & SDC as well. However, I just don't see it though, unfortunately for them.

July 1 will again be very interesting for this franchise considering the cap is going up, it may be another reason for them to keep Spezza around just to assure they are above the floor. I hope they do make a splash but it could also be an underwhelming signing as MacArthur was who just took off & look how he has improved our team. They need scoring on the left side & Moulson would make the most sense & we could afford him, the question is will Melnyk allow that kind of signing? Ottawa could sign Moulson & still keep Greening & Michalek but will they? I think Greening stays but Michalek I don't know?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
And you have no clue what you are talking about. Petersson is too fragile while he is a decent goal scorer he would be constantly injured in the NHL, I wonder why he hasn't been called back up & will soon be playing in Europe? Conacher is playing well now but he wasn't for the first 30 games or so. What do you base Conacher being a better player, his time in Tampa? BTW how many NHL execs do you know or follow? I base it on what I see & what I project from a certain player, I base it on my own analysis watching Bingo & Ottawa play, the development camp etc... I make up my own mind. Why should I agree with you when I don't most of the time?

I have no clue what I'm talking about ? And you do :laugh: Most people don't question you but boy you get uptight when someone disagrees with you. Just my opinion :) I like skilled hockey players not skating pylons that are big. Where are Dizzy and Robinson in your lineups, two of your recent (large) favorites ?

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Guessing Matt Puempel is too small for you? You know the kid that is already in our system, has very good goal scorer, can fight. The kid who has a full season in Bingo already.

Is that the 6'1" 205 lbs Matt Puempel you are referring to???

While I appreciate why you posted this (or I think I do) comparing Matt to Cory in terms of size is a little bit of a stretch!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->