2013-14 Lightning Player Rankings: #6

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
After looking at the remaining list I'm debating voting him next too. I think Carle was a bit underrated this year, so I might give him the nod. But, for me, we're now in Marty territory.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you're going to discredit him for the team sucking for a 3 week stretch (although he himself was playing very elite during that stretch), then give him credit for speeding up the learning curve of Palat and Johnson, there's no way they adapt as quick without playing with MSL for that 3 month span. He provided leadership and stability after the Stamkos incident (obviously this is overlooked at the moment) and before the annoucement of the Olympic team, even after getting cut he stepped his game up to another level (career high 10 game point streak) instead of throwing a self-pity party. But yeah I guess 3 weeks> 5 months of great hockey.

The way I look at it, is, did he hurt more than he helped? The captaincy means you must lead your team. That rut we were in after the trade request, players would look to their captain in that situation. But the captain didn't want to play for us. Yeah, he still did well individually, but it honestly didn't help our team as a whole more than it helped himself.

You're talking as if he was only playing on the team for 3 weeks, he was here for 6 months and 62 games, are you arguing that those 3 weeks had more of an impact (negatively) than what he did (positively) in the other 5 and half months he was here?

By far the leading scorer on the team before he left, and the highest producing ES/PP player on the team before he left, 42 ES points in 62 games, Palat finished as the team leader with 44 in 82 games.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Why are we not on number 7? Why did this stop? Cause is a debate of marty?

I voted with what I felt was right stamkos start of year, stamkos return was bigger than marty for 62 games and 3 weeks of hell. I do not think anyone left can equal that though and didnt have a positive impact like stamkos during his 37 games etc..

Are we stopping this cause of Marty? I mean what is going on? I get why others will not vote for him but I expect him to win the next one and I WILL WHOLEHEARTEDLY DISAGREE with ANYONE on here saying that Stamkos wasnt at least equal taking the good and bad and everything we went through this year.

The records say the fact of this and stats are not everything. How you effect your team mates does matter. I am liking to see where everyone shapes up so far have been surprised more than once!!

SO THIS MEANS I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE PICKS MYSELF SO FAR!! SO LETS STOP DOING THIS? I MEAN JEEZ!!
I hope everyone is fair and puts marty in next but even if not that is choice and fair I hope they have a viable reason like I did on stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad