2013-14 Lightning Player Rankings: #3

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Our season is over so let's rank our players. Who were our best players this season?

We'll include all players that have played at least 20 regular season games for the Lightning or were used in prominent roles.

Note: Please take only on-ice production and performance into account (caugh Marty caugh).

8471750.jpg

G Ben Bishop (58.49%)

8476292.jpg

L Ondrej Palat (43.18%)​

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
After Hedman, it is definitely MSL. Remove him when Stamkos goes down, and this team probably doesn't even make the playoffs.

He had a positive impact but also a really negative impact. Not sure I'd place him this high. Maybe top 10, no way top 5.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He had a positive impact but also a really negative impact. Not sure I'd place him this high. Maybe top 10, no way top 5.

Yup. Without the drama he caused, it's reasonable to think we would have played much better post-Olympic announcement. Marty played great, sure, but the rest of the team fell off the tracks for a little while. Hard not to correlate that with the timing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
After Hedman, it is definitely MSL. Remove him when Stamkos goes down, and this team probably doesn't even make the playoffs.

Filppula and Johnson picked up the slack big time when Stamkos went down. St. Louis did his thing but it was an actual down year for him especially goal scoring wise.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Putting any feelings out of this situation. MSL?

If he goes down with an injury the day olympic snub is announced? Doesnt recover? Till the Olympics?

Do I personally think the Lightning could have had as good of a record during that time as they did?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

So his value of him hurting the team has to be in the equation cause he actually did hurt this team. Sorry but my votes will be for others for a few more picks putting everything into account. I think we could have won without him we would have struggled for a week or so but figured it out imvho!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad