2013/14 Full Schedule Released

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
5 home games in October (3 Saturday, 1 Wednesday, 1 Thursday)
6 home games in November (4 Tuesday, 2 Saturday)
7 home games in December (3 Saturday, 2 Thursday, 1 Tuesday, 1 Monday)
6 home games in January (2 Saturday, 2 Thursday, 2 Tuesday)
5 home games in February (3 Saturday, 1 Friday, 1 Thursday)
10 home games in March (3 Saturday, 3 Thursday, 2 Monday, 1 Tuesday, 1 Sunday)
2 home games in April (2 Saturday)

46% of the games are on the weekend. (18 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday)

Probably no Howlerween thank god.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, that's a pretty favorable schedule. 19 weekend games? Man I hope ownership pulls out all the bells and whistles w/ marketing to get our attendance up this season.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Yeah this is a great schedule for getting people to show up. If we can average 14,000 for weekday and 16,000 for weekend games we should be in good shape.

Two interesting start times:

7:30 PM start on Wed October 15 vs Oilers
8:00PM start on Sat November 29 vs Flames (Because game will be features on HNIC)

It will be interesting to see how these two games perform with later start times.

Games that should sellout:
Thursday October 9 Home opener vs Jets
Saturday December 6 vs Bruins
Saturday February 7 vs Wings
Thursday March 12 vs Hawks
Saturday March 21 vs Penguins

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Yeah this is a great schedule for getting people to show up. If we can average 14,000 for weekday and 16,000 for weekend games we should be in good shape.

Two interesting start times:

7:30 PM start on Wed October 15 vs Oilers
8:00PM start on Sat November 29 vs Flames (Because game will be features on HNIC)

It will be interesting to see how these two games perform with later start times.

Games that should sellout:
Thursday October 9 Home opener vs Jets
Saturday December 6 vs Bruins
Saturday February 7 vs Wings
Thursday March 12 vs Hawks
Saturday March 21 vs Penguins
I would add:

Saturday October 11 vs Kings (Stanley Cup Champs)
Saturday February 14 vs Rangers (SC runnerup, Valentines Day, NY influence)
Thursday March 5 vs Canucks (Canada's winter visitors, cheaper tickets here than there)
Saturday March 7 vs Canadiens (see above and hey, it's the "Canadiens")
Saturday April 4 vs Sharks (Playoff implications)

theoriginal55

Aug 6, 2005
8 games in a row away from home due to Super Bowl in Glendale. As part of that Coyotes will play 15 0f 20 games on the road from Jan 17 thru Feb 28. If we can get thru this stretch at .500 or more we should be able to make a run in March and April.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Man, imagine how difficult it must be to create the schedules for each NHL team. I can't even begin to imagine the process it takes. My guess is they have some sort of algorithm figured out by now and they re-use it every year and probably start on next years schedule very early. Only problem with that is they have to consider other leagues and events that are using up the arenas.. What a headache.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Man, imagine how difficult it must be to create the schedules for each NHL team. I can't even begin to imagine the process it takes. My guess is they have some sort of algorithm figured out by now and they re-use it every year and probably start on next years schedule very early. Only problem with that is they have to consider other leagues and events that are using up the arenas.. What a headache.

Having done something similar as a contractor for NASA early in my career, I can tell you that even now it is as much art as science.

What makes me laugh is people who complain about beer league schedules locally, knowing that anything but the most straightforward of conditions (e.g. 8 teams, same night every week, 4 open ice slots guaranteed) makes it much more complicated than they would think.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I hate to even be typing this, but unfortunately, I will no longer be a season ticket holder for the Coyotes :(

I was a season ticket holder for 5 years consecutively as a kid, then moved back to California for 6 years, joined the Military, and then ended up back in Arizona to be a season ticket holder for another 2 consecutive years.

Money is tight so I can't afford them, and Arizona hasn't been so kind to me this time back around, so I'm probably heading back to California to attempt to join the Army since the Air Force unfortunately can't take me back. It's gonna suck, but I will still be rooting as a die hard Yotes fan from Los Angeles! Really sucks too, I really wanted to see the arena and all around hockey ops under new ownership.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Now that I have sat down and looked at it, it is a pretty favorable schedule. A few clunkers in the last 50% (Mid week Preds and Carolina). The mid week Chicago game might do well since its their only visit but in prior years, when I went, it was only 12-13K. Most of those fans are not traveling but are local so they have to take the day off.

Its too bad we couldnt get a New Year's Eve game again. Perhaps with the Fiesta Bowl, Jobing could do a viewing party against Dallas to encourage people to stay after the game.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I would prefer to play the Blackhawks and others on a weekday than a weeknight, because those fans *should* show up during the week. Lots of home games down the stretch, if we are in the playoff hunt should boost attendance a bit. Could be a good year for us attendance wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad