2013-14 Center Ice

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Center Ice pricing....

Watching promo highlighting that the price this season is "the lowest in five years".

Perhaps the recession has impacted the number of paying customers to the point that the parties involved are trying to get more revenue by lowering the price?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Center Ice pricing....

Watching promo highlighting that the price this season is "the lowest in five years".

Perhaps the recession has impacted the number of paying customers to the point that the parties involved are trying to get more revenue by lowering the price?

DirecTV did the same thing with their NFL Sunday Ticket last year, dropped their pricing to attract more subscribers.

I dropped them three years ago due to price-creep but re-upped again when the pricing got back to a 'lowest price level in five years.'

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Center Ice pricing....

I don't get this promo. I called my cable provider, and though they aren't offering it just yet (it always takes until just before the season it seems), they said it's around $140 or something.

There's no way that's cheaper than last season's lockout price which was like $100. So that promo cannot be true, I can't imagine paying less than $100. I'd love to, but I understand, I mean you really get your money's worth compared to how they used to price gouge for Sunday Ticket.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
$200 ($50/month for 4 months) on Shaw in Canada. Debating if I want to do that or get Gamecenter so I have the tablet option if I'm not at home.

He Lied to Mario

May 16, 2009
I don't get this promo. I called my cable provider, and though they aren't offering it just yet (it always takes until just before the season it seems), they said it's around $140 or something.

There's no way that's cheaper than last season's lockout price which was like $100. So that promo cannot be true, I can't imagine paying less than $100. I'd love to, but I understand, I mean you really get your money's worth compared to how they used to price gouge for Sunday Ticket.

I imagine they mean lowest for a full season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Debating between getting Center Ice or Gamecenter. Honestly undecided at this point, though I've got a few more days to decide.

internet toughguy

Dec 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
Is it still the case that 90% of Center Ice games still in SD? I remember that being super annoying a couple years ago. If that's still a thing, then I'd recommend GCL all the way as almost if not all games are broadcast in HD.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Is it still the case that 90% of Center Ice games still in SD? I remember that being super annoying a couple years ago. If that's still a thing, then I'd recommend GCL all the way as almost if not all games are broadcast in HD.

Yeah, I'm waiting to find out if Comcast is finally going to enter into the 21st century before I decide on Center Ice v. Gamecenter Live.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

It depends on your service provider. D-TV has a higher number of HD channels available. If the home game is produced in HD, then you can get that version.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It's always been 160 (or was it 180?) up here... However it's 189 this year. Stupid cable company.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I get everything (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, college, OHL) games for less than $30 a month. It's through Eastlink. I don't know if other cable companies offer similar packages in other areas of Canada.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
I think with the proliferation of websites where you can stream games and smart TVs they probably figure they have limited pricing power.

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec
Debating between getting Center Ice or Gamecenter. Honestly undecided at this point, though I've got a few more days to decide.

I had this decision to make, and I chose NHL GameCenter because all the games are in HD and you can watch it later too.

I buy roku 3 and install GameCenter, roku 3 is really fast and better than apple tv 3.

Than I buy NHL GameCenter for 100$.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I had this decision to make, and I chose NHL GameCenter because all the games are in HD and you can watch it later too.

I buy roku 3 and install GameCenter, roku 3 is really fast and better than apple tv 3.

Than I buy NHL GameCenter for 100$.

You can... but it still displays the damn final score before you click on it to watch!! I went to watch a Pens/Philly game later one afternoon... only to see the final score when I went to click on the game.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
You can... but it still displays the damn final score before you click on it to watch!! I went to watch a Pens/Philly game later one afternoon... only to see the final score when I went to click on the game.

Did you click the Scores On/Off button to Off? Probably need to disable the crawl as well to ensure no game scores are displayed.

When watching recorded games, ignorance truly is bliss.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

They're clearly talking about a pro-rated price for a full season.

$100 for a 48 game season is $170 for a full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad