2013-14 Atlantic Hockey preview, part 1

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
With the dramatic changes that have taken place in the college hockey landscape, Atlantic Hockey is one of only two conferences that remain unchanged heading into 2013-14. This season, Atlantic Hockey features two NHL prospects representing UConn and RIT, respectively.

The recent U.S. government shutdown has added a rather unusual twist to the start of the season, which could affect conference members Air Force and Army due to travel restrictions. The Department of Defense announced the suspension of all intercollegiate sports, including ice hockey, at the service academies until the shutdown ends. Depending on how long the shutdown lasts, the start of the regular season for the Falcons and the Black Knights could be delayed.… read more

More...

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
The University of New Brunswick was supposed to play Air Force on Monday but I am guessing that game will be cancelled.

I believe this game will still go as planned. Air Force doesn't have to travel (which has been the issue so far - they get free rides on Air Force planes to play games in the east, but that's a problem now that they have fno unds).

The only reason I can see for no game is the arena and support staff are not working.

This game maybe broadcast - mixed information on their website. If it is - it would be here KCSF AM 1300 and at www.GoAirForceFalcons.com.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad