2013-14 Around the League IV: NHL set for record revenues this year

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Awful trade for the Avs. Trading a top-6 forward with grit for a bottom 6 player who doesn't really do anything exceptionally well.

Penalty Kill Icing*

That Emelin extension is pretty bad too. 16.4m over 4 years.

He is to Habs what Fraser is to us. But I think he can play top-4. Only gritty D-man on Habs (apart from Subban whose grit is comparable to Phaneuf).

I think Emelin is reasonable. However, he shouldn't be getting more than Dennis Seidenberg. [4 million AAV, 4 years].

But daymn.. Peter Chiarelli is really good with extensions. Look at Bergeron discount too.

Chiarelli-Julien combo has to be one of the best in the NHL.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He is to Habs what Fraser is to us. But I think he can play top-4. Only gritty D-man on Habs (apart from Subban whose grit is comparable to Phaneuf).

I think Emelin is reasonable. However, he shouldn't be getting more than Dennis Seidenberg. [4 million AAV, 4 years].

But daymn.. Peter Chiarelli is really good with extensions. Look at Bergeron discount too.

Chiarelli-Julien combo has to be one of the best in the NHL.

Josh Gorges disagrees with you.

Emelin isn't worth his price tag. Come on now.

JMcLeaf

The Av's need a centre?

Since when?

Don't they need quality wingers?

I AM SO CONFUSED

They don't need a center right now, but perhaps its a move for the future. Talbot is signed for pretty cheap until 2016 and could be a solid 3rd line center for them going forward. I expect this is Stastny's last season with the Avs, unless they trade O'Reilly, so they could go with Duchene-O'Reilly-Talbot down the middle.

Maybe Downie didn't get along with Roy, or management didn't like the chances of getting him re-signed so they saw him as a movable piece.

With that said I still think they should have got at least a mid-rd pick included with Tablot.

Kind of surprised they didnt trade him for a dman though given considering their current d group.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Emelin at 4.1 makes me really happy. Subban should aim for 8M+ with Emelin making 4.1M.

Funny how they lowball the hell out of Subban only to give free money to a guy like Desharnais (because he's French) and Emelin who is a defensive D that just had a big knee surgery.

Keep it up Bergevin!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I don't get the Avs trade but it might make more sense to me if they start making more moves...or try to make more moves.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
7 games for Scott... don't think they could justify giving him 10+, decent number I guess

Asif16*

Thats a lot for emelin. And to think, habs fans make fun of us for the Clarkson signing.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Avs GM is on something strong. I don't understand this trade at all.

Probably some off ice issues. Only way this makes sense

Geese_Howard*

Anyone else cath this 24ch show on tsn about the Habs? Lol what trash, I was a good laugh. A show about pansies and trash.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Something weird is going on with the Avs.

I'm still so confused with the Varlamov thing. People are saying the girl's probably lying for money, but then why would Varlamov turn himself in? The girl's story is shady though.

Geese_Howard*

Something weird is going on with the Avs.

I'm still so confused with the Varlamov thing. People are saying the girl's probably lying for money, but then why would Varlamov turn himself in? The girl's story is shady though.

What if downie was his girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->