2013-14 Around the League IV: NHL set for record revenues this year

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

We're just 12 games in....you're giving Leafs fans a bad name...enough said.

WHy the **** would you care as to what a Leafs fan says on his own board? We can say whatever we want on our board just like you guys can do on yours. Go creep on someone else's board.

Sensitive smurfs fans

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Want to know how bad the Rangers offense is?

They would need to score 25 goals combined in their next two games to match our goals.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
In fairness, they have been without Nash, Callahan, and Hagelin. Those are three pretty big pieces of their offense, including their top goal scorer.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
In fairness, they have been without Nash, Callahan, and Hagelin. Those are three pretty big pieces of their offense, including their top goal scorer.

I doubt all 3 combined would even get 10 goals, let alone 25

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

I bet you our missing forwards wouldve scored more than theirs lol

Penalty Kill Icing*

Olesky from tonight's game... video uploaded by NHL. :laugh:

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Watching Van-Wsh. Such a pleasure to see Grabovski play hockey. Excellent playmaking, high effort defensive plays. Oh, and a beauty goal.

Tyler Bozak.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Watching Van-Wsh. Such a pleasure to see Grabovski play hockey. Excellent playmaking, high effort defensive plays. Oh, and a beauty goal.

Tyler Bozak.

Grabovski wasn't replaced by Tyler Bozak.
Grabovski was replaced in essence by Dave Bolland (spot wise) and David Clarkson (cap wise).

I purchased one day of hockeystreams to see how i'd like it - it's really nice, I think i am going to splurge for the 6 month package starting November 1st. thanks for those who suggested it/brought it up.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Grabovski wasn't replaced by Tyler Bozak.
Grabovski was replaced in essence by Dave Bolland (spot wise) and David Clarkson (cap wise).

Let's keep moving those goal posts. Grabovski is a scoring center, should have been played on the top line with Phil Kessel and James van Reimsdyk.

Any discussion of Bolland is pointless, the player was acquired days before Grabo was bought out and they could have easily co existed on this team.

Bozak was resigned mere HOURS after Grabo was bought out, and he plays in the role that Grabovski played for this team for 2 years before Carlyle got here. He is the comparison. I know it's uncomfortable for Leafs fans to face this reality, so they're desperately trying to compare him to the best player of the 3 guys that got money in the off season, but Bozak is the metric, no one else.

Seriously, fire Dave Nonis.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Let's keep moving those goal posts. Grabovski is a scoring center, should have been played on the top line with Phil Kessel and James van Reimsdyk.

Any discussion of Bolland is pointless, the player was acquired days before Grabo was bought out and they could have easily co existed on this team.

Bozak was resigned mere HOURS after Grabo was bought out, and he plays in the role that Grabovski played for this team for 2 years before Carlyle got here. He is the comparison. I know it's uncomfortable for Leafs fans to face this reality, so they're desperately trying to compare him to the best player of the 3 guys that got money in the off season, but Bozak is the metric, no one else.

Seriously, fire Dave Nonis.

Grabovski is a very inconsistent player. He isn't a 5.5M center. If he made 3M or took 4.5M like he deserved, we wouldn't have to buy him out.

Our team is 8-4. Washington is 5-7.

Those are the ONLY things that matter. Grabovski can do what he likes. Leafs will win and lose as a team.

Yeah, lets fire Dave Nonis. All he did was trade for Bernier, Bolland, re-sign Kessel, sign Clarkson, sign Kadri, Franson, Raymond and Ranger when all the media guys were saying: "There is no way the Leafs can be under the cap"

You should cheer for the Capitals if Grabovski is that important to you.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'd take Bozak at $4.25 over Grabo at $5.5 .. That $1.25 in cap savings allowed the Leafs to pick up Raymond

The Leafs are also 8-4-0 so far this year

But yup, lets fire Nonis

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
I'd take Bozak at $4.25 over Grabo at $5.5 .. That $1.25 in cap savings allowed the Leafs to pick up Raymond

Keep Grabo, amnesty Liles, let Bozak walk, and you still have the money to do literally everything else.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Tired of talking about last off-season, if you guys wanna talk about Grabo so much, let's just talk about how he's doing with the Capitals.

His demotion on the Capitals has actually worked far better there then it did when he was here. The newly formed 2nd line of Erat - Laich - Brower has had zero points since their first game togther and a -5. Grabovski meanwhile has 2 goals, 2 assists and is a +3.

Looks like unlike here, he's actually making the most of his demotion instead of getting down on himself. Hopefully he gets bumped up a line.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
How bout that Bournival kid eh?

Looking great with Pleks and Gionta.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Keep Grabo, amnesty Liles, let Bozak walk, and you still have the money to do literally everything else.

I don't even know why I bother, but just about anyone, Carlyle included, would want JVR-Bozak-Phil over JVR-Grabo-Phil. And that's coming from someone who loved watching Grabo play, picked him up in fantasy and still uses him in NHL 13 cause he's so fun to play with. He just didn't have a viable spot on this team anymore.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Man, Grabo is good with the Capitals. The Capitals however, kind of suck. They don't play as physical as the Leafs, and Oates doesn't require the defensive commitment out of his players, not like Carlyle does anyways. (And yeah I realize we've been pretty bad defensively, point still stands.)

What I'm trying to say is Grabovski was just not going to work out here. Carlyle clearly didn't like his game, and as good as Grabo is doing in Washington, I highly doubt he would have that production right now if he were playing for the Leafs, simply because he no longer fit into the system, and wasn't going to be given the minutes he needs to succeed under Carlyle. That much is pretty clear.

He probably would've been struggling to score, just like last season, and the same fans who miss him would probably be calling to trade him.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
I don't even know why I bother, but just about anyone, Carlyle included, would want JVR-Bozak-Phil over JVR-Grabo-Phil.

Phil Kessel scores fewer goals per minute when playing with Tyler Bozak than literally any other player he has ever played with. The whole "chemistry" thing is a massive misconception, and I dare say is perpetuated by Canadian racists that don't want a "soft" european on the team.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I am emotionally detached about Grabo's role with Leafs.

I just enjoy his goal as a neutral fan when he scores an odd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad