News Article: 2012 Winter Classic STH Lawsuit Settled

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2013/12/13/winter-classic-lawsuit-settled.html

Comcast Spectacor has agreed to pay $625,500 in vouchers to Philadelphia Flyers season ticket holders. The agreement settles a class-action lawsuit filed against the company by the ticket holders who said the team improperly excluded tickets from the 2012 Winter Classic from season ticket packages and required fans to pay more for the outdoor hockey game.

Under the terms of the settlement, the class members will have the option of receiving a $45 concession voucher or an alternative voucher, valued at $75, that will enable them to get an on-ice holiday photo or a personalized message on the scoreboard during a Flyers game at the Wells Fargo Center and on the Xfinity Live board after the game.

Well the STH lawyer sucks. My tickets that I didn't receive cost more than $75...But it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
lol Comcast made out well there. 45 dollars in overpriced beer and food. Better then nothing, but by barely.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If you're a STH, you don't have to part of the class. Usually you get something in the mail and it will either tell you that you have to "opt in" or "opt out" of the class. If you didn't "opt in" or you did "opt out" you should be able to pursue the claim on your own if you think you can get more.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I paid my car insurance this month by sending them a 125 dollar voucher for BBQ at my cousins.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I seem to recall my ticket rep saying something to the effect that the NHL was controlling the tickets for that game. but honestly, who didn't know they were going to jack up the prices on that game? I expected a little less, but can't say i was surprised when i saw the final numbers. I sold mine because that was the only way my wife would let me get them lol. at least she let me go to the other 2 games. Oh well, i guess i will enjoy a couple $9 guiness on ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad