2012 Tickets

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by fbailey758, Jan 11, 2011.

1. fbailey758

fbailey758 Registered User

Does anyone have a code to purchase tickets for Calgary next year that they won't be using? We're spending Christmas there next year and would love to go.

2. Gags89

Gags89 Registered User

Ya, I would love to just get 2 packages for Calgary. Anyone?

3. tsnTpoint

tsnTpoint Registered User

Good luck

But..................... someone worked it out and everyone who registered for the packs had 1 in 11 odds of being selected to purchase tickets.

Odds are you will be paying a premium if you want to go.

4. jessebelanger

jessebelanger Registered User

I had an access code. Unfortunately not until later today, and tickets are sold out.
    Unbelievable.

Good to see the flames are about as good at managing ticket sales as they are at winning hockey games.

5. Gags89

Gags89 Registered User

Ya, this really sucks. Feel bad for all the people buying useless access codes for hundreds just to be shut out.

6. tempest2i

tempest2i Knives Out

:handclap: :cry:

I'd be another person who the chance to buy and then got the old kick in the face when all the tickets are sold out before my chance to buy came up.

The scalping will be ridiculous and the reason I'm not going to any the games now. I'll just have to throw a big house party during the biggest games.

I hope someone has a good reason for allowing people to buy 6 packages with a code. 4 would have been expected, 6 just encourages scalping.

7. Garyboy

Garyboy Registered User

How much were the ticket packages going for? Thanks.

8. jessebelanger

Gary the packages ranged from 320$ (edmonton) and 399 (Calgary) to..like 1200 I think? Packages were for all games at each venue.

9. Sunfire

Sunfire Registered User

I got an access code through the draw and was shut out when it came my time to buy. Apparently they didnt think so many people would buy the max packages. I was looking at the 300 level in Calgary which went for 400 for 21 games. I looked on Kijijji and they are now selling for 1100 a seat for those same tickets. Hockey Canada really dropped the ball on how they managed it

10. Triple Deke

Triple Deke Registered User

STH for Flames got chance to buy 21 game package back in December.
    Was considering it until I found out all Canada prelims are played in Edmonton.

11. Beatle17

Beatle17 Registered User

Why would you even mention the Flames in your comment? The Flames and Oilers have nothing to do with selling the tickets, that is Hockey Canada. If you want to ***** call Bob Nicholson of Hockey Canada

12. jessebelanger

Well, the Calgary Flames ticket office is who broke the news to me and who all inquiries regarding tickets were directed towards (and who responded to my repeated emails) - so they at least play some role. What the extent of their role is - I do not know.

My expectation is that, with guidance from Hockey Canada, they were put in control of managing the ticket sales - surely Hockey Canada would not have the infrastructure in place to undertake such a huge endeavour.

However, like I say you are correct in that I am not sure the extent of either parties involvement.

13. NLHabsFan

NLHabsFan Registered User

I got an e-mail that said I had been drawn to purchase tickets and would be allowed to purchase up to 6 tickets on the 13th. On the 12th I got another e-mail saying now I will only be allowed to purchase 1 ticket. Then the morning on the 13th I got the e-mail telling me the tickets are sold out and I can no longer purchase any. I would have been less disappointed had I not been able to purchase them in the first place. What a bull*%$^ system :rant: