New York
Visit site
I can predict the first 4 picks

1.Yakupov-Islanders The russian lover will see where he finish this one too
2.Forsberg- tampa technoviking
3.Grigorenko -devils need a malkin clone to get his team back on track
4.Murray-pittsburgh ....best player available plus could be good with Nikithing
5...i don't know who to draft

I honestly couldn't tell you who I would draft. There are three players I like a lot (besides Yak) and right now I have them ranked pretty evenly. Weird draft....seem to be groupings rather than rankings.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I honestly couldn't tell you who I would draft. There are three players I like a lot (besides Yak) and right now I have them ranked pretty evenly. Weird draft....seem to be groupings rather than rankings.

come on will pass on Yakupov and Grigorenko??? Both are tearing their league...theirs other good dman Forsberg not bad but he's not near this 2. Murray (Duncan Keith mold) he's the closest guy...

Last edited:

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
im happy with 4th pick ... it means i only have to decide between 2 guys ... seems that Forsberg, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Murray are the consensus next 4, right after Yakupov, right?

and i get to do it again at pick 9 and 12 ... at one point i was looking to have pick 2,3 and 7 ... that would have been kinda fun... too bad this draft looks kinda meh, no?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
come on will pass on Yakupov and Grigorenko??? Both are tearing their league...theirs other good dman Forsberg not bad but he's not near this 2. Murray (Duncan Keith mold) he's the closest guy...

I agree about Forsberg. But I think Galchenyuk could end up better than Grigorenko. Or not. And I think Murray's offense is underrated and he can be a #1 dman.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I agree about Forsberg. But I think Galchenyuk could end up better than Grigorenko. Or not. And I think Murray's offense is underrated and he can be a #1 dman.

Yes Galchenyuk good but i don't know if he his Grigorenko good. Murray he's a stud. best defence out there.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site

Agree completely. I'm in the same boat with the 6th pick with that next level "grouping"

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I don't know why but I think that with the 5th overall pick I can still draft Ryan Murray (Scott Niedermayer) :handclap: or Morgan Rielly (AKA) Erik Karlsson style) :handclap:

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
ISS top 30 April 2012 http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14130/iss_top30_risers_and_fallers_april2012/

1. Yakupov, Nail, LW 10/6/93 L 5.10.5 189 Sarnia OHL
2. Forsberg, Filip, RW 8/13/94 R 6.01 176 Leksands SweAl
3. Grigorenko, Mikhail, RW 5/16/94 L 6.03.25 200 Québec QMJHL
4. Murray, Ryan, LD 9/27/93 L 6.00.5 201 Everett WHL
5. Trouba, Jacob, RD 2/26/94 R 6.02 196 USA Under-18 NTDP
6. Dumba, Matt, RD 7/25/94 R 5.11.75 183 Red Deer WHL
7. Rielly, Morgan, LD 3/9/94 L 5.11.5 190 Moose Jaw WHL
8. Teravainen, Teuvo, LW, 9/11/94 L 5.11 161 Jokerit FinE
9. Ceci, Cody, RD 12/21/93 R 6.02.5 207 Ottawa OHL
10. Reinhart, Griffin, LD 1/24/94 L 6.03.75 207 Edmonton WHL
11. Gaunce, Brendan, C 3/25/94 L 6.02 215 Belleville OHL
12. Collberg, Sebastian, RW 2/23/94 R 5.11 Vastra SweJE
13. Maatta, Olli, LD 8/22/94 L 6.01.5 202 London OHL
14. Galchenyuk, Alexander, RW 2/12/94 L 6.00.5 198 Sarnia OHL
15. Faksa, Radek, LW 1/9/94 L 6.03 202 Kitchener OHL
16. Finn, Matthew, LD 2/24/94 L 6.00.25 195 Guelph OHL
17. Aberg, Pontus, LW 9/23/93 R 5.11 187 Djurgarden SweE
18. Koekkoek, Slater, LD 2/18/94 L 6.02 184 Peterborough OHL
19. Pouliot, Derrick, D 1/16/94 L 5.11.25 186 Portland WHL
20. Laughton, Scott, C 5/30/94 L 6.00 177 Oshawa OHL
21. Girgensons, Zemgus, F 1/5/94 L 6.01.25 201 Dubuque USHL
22. Kerdiles, Nicholas, C/L 1/11/94 L, 6.01.5 200 USA Under-18 NTDP
23. Sissons, Colton, C/R 11/5/93 L 6.01 189 Kelowna WHL
24. Skjei, Brady, LD 3/26/1994 L 6.03 203 USA Under-18 NTDP
25. Lindholm, Hampus, LD 1/20/94 L 6.02.5 196 Rogle SweJE
26. Thrower, Dalton, RD 12/20/93 R 5.11.25 189 Saskatoon WHL
27. Wilson, Thomas, RW 3/29/94 R 6.03.5 203 Plymouth OHL
28. Bystrom, Ludvig, LD 7/29/94 L 6.00.75 208 Modo SweE
29. Hertl, Tomas, LW 11/12/93 L 6.02 198 Slavia CzeE
30. Zharkov, Daniil, F 2/6/94 L 6.03 197 Belleville OHL

Rising

Hampus Lindholm, D, Rogle BK
Had another strong showing and displayed some of the offensive flare that has him flying up the draft board for most teams. Lindholm is a very well-rounded, very mature player who does a bit of everything, and does it well. He is smart, moves extremely well, can play tough and gritty and isn't afraid of any situation on either side of the puck.

Teuvo Teravainen, LW, Jokerit Helsinki
He just got better and better as the season went on. He has exceptional speed and is elusive to the outside but also has great cuts and fakes that make him a dangerous inside option as well. He is almost always an intimidating player for defenders to match up with one on one because of his deceptively quick hands and shooting ability. Offensive upside is big for Teuvo, needs to continue to put in a consistent effort game to game and tighten up in his own zone.

Ryan Culkin, D, Quebec Remparts
We never get tried of pumping up this kid tires. Culkin is the anchor and most reliable defender on the Ramparts. Has logged big minutes throughout the playoffs, played in most crucial situations and looked like a wily veteran for the most part. Returned to lineup 9 missed games - Hand Injury.

Niklas Tikkinen, F/C, Blues U20
Tikkinen continues to improve his stock and should now be a player that every club is aware of. Scout like his offensive upside and have noted over the past couple of months he has done a better job of picking his spots when looking to jump into the rush and play an offensive style.

Samuel Fejes, LW, Shattuck St. Mary's
Very intriguing prospect standing at 6'01 he has a very raw game at this point but shows the potential to become quite a offensive force given the right coaching to harness his abilities. Isn't afraid to take the puck to the net. Has good hands. Has some very good outside speed. Finishes checks well. Has good power forward potential. Makes good outside rushes and can protect possession while driving the net.

Devin Shore, C, Witby Fury
Leading the way to the OJHL Finals, Shore has shown huge potential in his power forward game. On the puck he is pure dominance, skates well up ice but doesn't have that elite quickness. Lethal shot anywhere in the offensive end when he gets time and space, although at his best low in the slot he can be a threat from anywhere at times. We can see Devin going as early as mid to late second, wouldn't be shocked at all.

Thomas Wilson, RW, Plymouth Whalers
He is a versatile winger who we believe will develop into a gritty power forward winger at the next level with offensive upside.

James DeHaas, D, Toronto Lakeshore Patriots
James is very much a raw talent but his potential is very high. He is very good on the puck, composed puck mover and likes to let his big shot go from the point. Has a big wingspan and uses it to his advantage in getting stick on pucks defensively.

Marvin Cupper, G, Berlin FASS
A butterfly goalie that has a very low position. Quick legs, communicates well with his teammates. He has indicated that he would be interested in playing a CHL in the NEAR future. Felix Potvin comes to mind when watching the young German netminder.

Falling

Andrew Ryan, LW, Halifax Mooseheads
He shows flashes of skill around the puck but isn't capable of beating many opponents one on one. He doesn't seem to understand his limitations. Has continued to show the inability to find the score sheet and was benched since game 3 against Quebec. Compete level very much up and down, personally don't see him on an NHL radar.

Brandon Devlin, D, Windsor Spitfires
Have seen some very inconsistent play from him this season, puck possession game has been up and down, good puck carrying but decisions on the puck haven't been up to par. Was a healthy scratch against London, going with only 5 defensemen?

Andrei Vasilevski, G, Tolpar Ufa
Arguably one of Russia's most accomplished and highly touted goaltending prospects, in recent memory, however he still shows some weakness to his blocker side and can get a bit rattled after goals. He wasn't bad, by any stretch, but he needs to be better to justify his hype.

Jarrod Maidens, C, Owen Sound Attack
Being out since early December has put a dent in his draft stock albeit being that prototypical player every coach wants one his team. Plays a meat and potatoes type game defensively while showing a high degree of smarts in the offensive end, knows where his teammates will be and thinks ahead of the play. He has shown he is a leader through and through, the Attack had a huge hole to fill when he went down.

Gianluca Curcuruto, D, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
I think it's safe to say this wasn't the year Curcuruto had planned in terms of production and consistency. He has shown the ability to generate from the point but wasn't able to find his game on a consistent basis. He holds onto the puck too long, causing turnovers when under pressure and not showing consistent composure. There is still potential in his offensive vision, instincts and shot from the point.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Just wanted to add the New York Islanders are looking to do something with pick #16. Most likely scenario is a trade down so teams behind us take note. Price is likely to be late 1st plus a 2nd rounder depending how far back we're dropping of course.

Quite happy to talk about other scenarios as well - trade ups, roster players for picks, prospects for picks, etc.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Just wanted to add the New York Islanders are looking to do something with pick #16. Most likely scenario is a trade down so teams behind us take note. Price is likely to be late 1st plus a 2nd rounder depending how far back we're dropping of course.

Quite happy to talk about other scenarios as well - trade ups, roster players for picks, prospects for picks, etc.

Cody Hodgson looking for love...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->