2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8817955/nhl-nhlpa-reach-tentative-agreement-source-says

Now that it is being reported that the lockout is coming to an end, how do you guys think the coyotes roster will look this season after Jamison hopefully purchases the team? Do you think that he'll encourage GMDM to trade for a star player right away that he can market to the fanbase? if so who? or do you guys think he will keep the payroll similiar to what we've been paying the last few years and we wont be seeing any major trades before the season starts. Also which players do you think are going to be called up from the minors? Additionally, how do you guys think our line combinations are going to look this year?

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Ive completely lost track of where we are in terms of cap. The floor is 44 this year or next? Last I remember we had to add salary somehow. Jeez...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Ive completely lost track of where we are in terms of cap. The floor is 44 this year or next? Last I remember we had to add salary somehow. Jeez...

Yes i believe the cap is frozen this season, however starting next season, 44 million floor and 64.3 million ceiling. According to capgeek our payroll is about an even 50 million right now for this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Gordon - Moss
Klinkhammer - Chipchura - Johnson
Biz

OEL - Z
Yandle - Morris
Klesla - Schlemko
Stone

edit: Torres goes in Klinkhammer's spot, if he isn't suspended. If Sullivan is a bust, everyone moves up a line. Maloney is brilliant.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Biz

OEL - Z
Yandle - Morris
Klesla - Schlemko
Stone

I completely agree with your roster prediction however I would want to give Bolduc a shot over Klinkhammer, since Bolduc has been scoring like mad since the ahl season started

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I completely agree with your roster prediction however I would want to give Bolduc a shot over Klinkhammer, since Bolduc has been scoring like mad since the ahl season started

Klinkhammer is a more complete player. He has 3 fewer points than Bolduc but is +9 on him. I'm pretty sure he was signed with the intention of playing him in the NHL.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I think that if Sullivan either bust or gets injured Miele will get the chance to take his place. He have shown in the AHL that he is as ready as he can be and he fit a similar role. He can be a wizard with the puck and really deserve the chance.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
You still have the question about Torres.
I see the current forward line up as
Torres - Moss - Korpikoski
Bissonnette - Gordon - Chipchura
or
Korpikoski - Moss - Johnson
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura
& the 'D' carrying 8 men during most of this compact season unless if they acquire a forward

just trying to 2nd guess Coach Tip

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
Biz

OEL - Z
Yandle - Morris
Klesla - Schlemko
Stone

edit: Torres goes in Klinkhammer's spot, if he isn't suspended. If Sullivan is a bust, everyone moves up a line. Maloney is brilliant.

Doesn't look too bad. With Tippett's coaching we'll no doubt be in the thick of things. I'd really like to add another center though. I hope Boedker brings his European form with him, this would be an excellent year for him to break out. That defence core has to be one of the best in the league. I'm excited :yo:

EDIT: I hope Schlemko plays like he did at the beginning of last year, not like he did after the injury.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm gonna wait to see if the ownership mess gets settled and if the new owner makes a splash or not 1st.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Agreed.

Biz/Torres - Chipchura - Johnson
Bolduc

OEL - Z
Yandle - Morris
Klesla - Schlemko
Stone

This will likely be the roster that we see the most for the year.

It would not surprise to have Klink up for the first 5, but he will drop down and Bolduc will replace. It's more likely that we will lose a wing, and Chippy can shift over if players need to move up or down the lineup. Also think that Bolduc may be better suited as 5th guy on man-down than Chip down the line, so better to have him up than Klink.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm gonna wait to see if the ownership mess gets settled and if the new owner makes a splash or not 1st.

Make a splash? As in free agency? There's really not a lot of guys left. Langkow is near the top of the remaining free agent pile. As I understand it, they can't start buying guys out until after this season is over. So the free agent market isn't likely to change much until summer 2013.

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
Klinkhammer , seems to be ready for a 4 line role and good pker, hes a complete player and a dave tippett player.

Stone also could be making a run at Schlemko spot.

Barbs better be looking over his shoulder .. visentin is coming.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Klinkhammer , seems to be ready for a 4 line role and good pker, hes a complete player and a dave tippett player.

Stone also could be making a run at Schlemko spot.

Barbs better be looking over his shoulder .. visentin is coming.

if there were immediate buyouts that teams were forced to utilize... Labarbara and Bissonnette would be my selections....

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
If ownership gets settled before the trade deadline, and we are somewhat in the running for the playoffs at that time, i think there is a chance Jamison tells Maloney to make a big deal. With that said, Maloney is the one in charge of that. I really hope ownership gets settled before July 1 so it can actually be am exciting day again.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
So excited for the season to start again! Lets go coyotes!

On topic though, I am surprisingly happy with where our roster sits right now.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I must say I love reading the HF 2013 predictions thread, such predictable results :laugh:

Agreed with XX's roster for the most part. Schlemko's play could be pretty important. You know Rusty is gonna get injured at some point, and Schlemko still hasn't proven himself to be back yet. But that would get Stone some needed and deserved time.

Also we need to see the Derek Morris of the Last month of the season, and not the prior year and a half.

One thing I'm interested to see who is better, Michalek or Klesla. I'd say the Michalek we all saw when last in a Yotes uniform was better. But is he the same guy? His reputation seems to have taken a bit of a hit and I can't say I've watched enough Penguins to know myself.

Gonna be odd not having Pyatt to dump on :laugh: Though he was a role player he was a more significant part of the teams identity than his on-ice role would indicate. We'll see if that changes things and who fills that void.

And also of huge importance is how Vrbata plays without Whitney and if Sullivan can fill some of that void. If its apparent Sullivan isn't working after 3-4 weeks DM will have to make a move fast.

Finally I'd say Yandle being closer to the 10/11 version of himself would be a BIG help. Seems like its all between the ears with the mistakes in the neutral zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Yup, bunch of short-sighted and narrowminded fools posting in that prediction thread. Reposted my prediction from another forum and pretty sure I'll catch some flak for it(especially putting Calgary last but ******* are they a bad team).

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm curious to see how many games Smith plays. If he can play 67 games in a full-length season, a 48-50 game season should be a breeze ;)

Mostly I'd like to limit the amount of net time for LaBarbera. Who knows, maybe he can put up some better numbers this year, but thankfully this is also his last year under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->