2012-13 World Junior Championships Draft

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I think you should pick when it's your turn. We picked when there was uncertainty, so waiting is actually a huge advantage for you.

I'd argue not choosing a goaltender ahead of time puts me at a huge disadvantage with the leftovers. And in past editions we've always skipped the last goaltender pick (if its in the last round).

RE: USA Defensemen

I was 50/50 between Ghost and Pavelka. He played the most of the non-locks on the blueline against Finland and saw a good chunk of PP time. The problem of course is the last remaining cut to the blueline. Grzelcyk might be a name only I'm higher on since he a Boston product, but he's got a good hockey IQ. Honestly, there's alot of names that could slot into the US PP (Murphy, McCabe, Grzelcyk, Ghost, Jones, Trouba).

Last edited:

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I'd argue not choosing a goaltender ahead of time puts me at a huge disadvantage with the leftovers.

I believe you said:

So comparably, the difference in being the last to pick a goaltender is "huge".

RE: USA Defensemen

I was 50/50 between Ghost and Pavelka. He played the most of the non-locks on the blueline against Finland and saw a good chunk of PP time. The problem of course is the last remaining cut to the blueline. Grzelcyk might be a name only I'm higher on since he a Boston product, but he's got a good hockey IQ. Honestly, there's alot of names that could slot into the US PP (Murphy, McCabe, Grzelcyk, Ghost, Jones, Trouba). As lakai said, Grzelcyk has been seen spotted with Jones at times and on the PP, but that was before the exhibition games.

Can I change my goalie now?

Because I am ready to consider that option.

We're all locked in. So waiting till you get roster updates is a huge advantage. But if that's how you want to try to win, then all the power to you ;)

I heard Binnington might start for Canada, but a couple more updates on the situation wouldn't hurt either, am I right?

All i'm saying is make your pick. That's how drafts work.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The Head Crusher made his pick at 2:00pm so I think it's fair to give Soli until then to pick his goaltender. More than 24 hours and I think a pick would have to be decided on.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The Head Crusher made his pick at 2:00pm so I think it's fair to give Soli until then to pick his goaltender. More than 24 hours and I think a pick would have to be decided on.

you're the boss, we just work here.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'll select Joel Lassinantti (SWE).

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Canada bumbles the starter's job and Sweden's defense takes another blow. Looks like I'm hooped either way.

Spott says they're going to stick with Subban all the way (logic dictates that Binner will get one of the back-to-backs, probably the USA) but I put all my eggs in Lassinantti's basket hoping and praying that he starts and can pick up more then 1 win against the weaker opponents. Sweden could very well fall to the Czechs and Finns in their pool.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I wake up this morning and read that Drouin gets injured in practice....

Now my plan is to pick an American D-man, but I was having a hard time picking with the three left. I'll take Jake McCabe and hope for the best. USA D

This thing is done boys!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I wake up this morning and read that Drouin gets injured in practice....

Now my plan is to pick an American D-man, but I was having a hard time picking with the three left. I'll take Jake McCabe and hope for the best. USA D

This thing is done boys!

Hah... I don't think they listed him on the roster. If they don't list him, you can theoretically change it before the tournament starts. Interesting case though, usually we just allow changes if the player is out for the tournament. Hasn't been determined if that's the case for Drouin.

Once it begins though, all rosters are locked.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'll select F-Miiko Salomaki (FIN)

Hah... I don't think they listed him on the roster. If they don't list him, you can theoretically change it before the tournament starts. Interesting case though, usually we just allow changes if the player is out for the tournament. Hasn't been determined if that's the case for Drouin.

Once it begins though, all rosters are locked.
I would say it is okay for ales83fan to swap out Drouin as long as it is before the first WJC game is played. Once the action starts, rosters are locked.

I made a thread so post your rosters now! :)

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I would say it is okay for ales83fan to swap out Drouin as long as it is before the first WJC game is played. Once the action starts, rosters are locked.

I made a thread so post your rosters now! :)

I'll keep Drouin.

I'm on the phone, so can't post my lineup yet

THC EDIT: Gotcha covered

RTEmagicC_USA-flag_05.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_SUI-flag_03.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_FIN-flag_07.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_SVK-flag_03.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_GER-flag_13.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_LAT-flag_02.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_CZE-flag_11.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_RUS-flag_03.jpg.jpg
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg