2012-13 World Junior Championships Draft Scoring

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'm not sure how to count the Sweden win. Lassinanti was in for 65 minutes but Lundstrom took over in the shootout.

At any rate, HUGE game by Rielly and Scheifele tonight. All my Finns got blanked, but I'm still ahead with 20 points. Woot!

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure how to count the Sweden win. Lassinanti was in for 65 minutes but Lundstrom took over in the shootout.

At any rate, HUGE game by Rielly and Scheifele tonight. All my Finns got blanked, but I'm still ahead with 20 points. Woot!
I don't think you get any points for Lassinanti then although we'll have to wait for the official scoring. I would assume Lundstrom would get the win in the shootout although he's not currently getting credit for a win either.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I don't think you get any points for Lassinanti then although we'll have to wait for the official scoring. I would assume Lundstrom would get the win in the shootout although he's not currently getting credit for a win either.

Gibson didn't finish his game (USA 8-0 vs. Germany) but he still gets credit for the win, no?

Sorry to throw a live one at you there, SK13... hehe.

Lassinanti didn't lose the game and "finished" the 65 minutes game. We all know the shootout is a theatrical endeavor. That's why goals don't count when scored in them.

I think I should be given the points after the Rielly mishap. :D

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Yeah I'm in the same boat for the other pool with Lassinantti. It's BS.
TSN is giving Lassinantti the win though.
Really, if Lassinantti doesnt get any points for playing 65 min, Gibson shouldnt get any for playing 40.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Gibson didn't finish his game (USA 8-0 vs. Germany) but he still gets credit for the win, no?

Sorry to throw a live one at you there, SK13... hehe.

Lassinanti didn't lose the game and "finished" the 65 minutes game. We all know the shootout is a theatrical endeavor. That's why goals don't count when scored in them.

I think I should be given the points after the Rielly mishap. :D
Goals don't count in the shootout but given that the game was a tie heading into the shootout, I just can't see any way Lassinanti would get credit for the win.

Gibson got credit for the win because he was the "goalie of record" when he left the game with the lead (similar to baseball with a starting pitcher). I would assume Lundstrom will get the win but who knows.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Goals don't count in the shootout but given that the game was a tie heading into the shootout, I just can't see any way Lassinanti would get credit for the win.

Gibson got credit for the win because he was the "goalie of record" when he left the game with the lead (similar to baseball with a starting pitcher). I would assume Lundstrom will get the win but who knows.

In this scenario, I would have benefitted more from Lassinanti giving up a goal in OT (gaining 1 point via OT/SO loss).

That's backwards. I should get at very least 1 point from Lassinanti. I'm still pushing for 2 because as the goalie of record, he didn't lose the game for Sweden, played a full 65 minute game, and Sweden won with him as goalie of record.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
TSN credits Lassinanti with the win, but I'm not sure if that means the IIHF does (the IIHF site is awful). With how iffy everything is in the IIHF, it's kind of difficult to go off book because that creates a huge degree of subjectivity.

I say we just always go with their ruling, however wrong.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'm not seeing a win column for goalie statistics on the IIHF site. Am I blind?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm not in the pool (so why am I here butting in and putting in my 2 cents?... because I ****ing want to that's why. :) )... but just some friendly advice from past pools I've been in... just count the disputed goalies points and put an asterisk beside it. Usually in a pool it's not even a problem when the final point count is done so it's not worth arguing over now... if it does produce a difference in the standings... there are usually better final stats at the end of the tournament anyway.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm not in the pool (so why am I here butting in and putting in my 2 cents?... because I ****ing want to that's why. :) )... but just some friendly advice from past pools I've been in... just count the disputed goalies points and put an asterisk beside it. Usually in a pool it's not even a problem when the final point count is done so it's not worth arguing over now... if it does produce a difference in the standings... there are usually better final stats at the end of the tournament anyway.

it is only disputed if you do not look at the final stats

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I don't think he gets the win.... because he was not part of the win. he was part of a tie.

That's my personal opinion.

I do agree that you got screwed on the Rielly non-assist, but you and Lakai can duke it out for that point, since then we would have to take a point from RNH that didn't exist either (I'm just answering to it because you brought it up in another comment).

Just my two cents.

I don't think I'm winning this pool anytime soon. My D is terrible, and other than Strome, Rattie and Drouin, and maybe Yarulin, I made some terrible picks.

Oh well. Always next year!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't think he gets the win.... because he was not part of the win. he was part of a tie.

That's my personal opinion.

I do agree that you got screwed on the Rielly non-assist, but you and Lakai can duke it out for that point, since then we would have to take a point from RNH that didn't exist either (I'm just answering to it because you brought it up in another comment).

Just my two cents.

I don't think I'm winning this pool anytime soon. My D is terrible, and other than Strome, Rattie and Drouin, and maybe Yarulin, I made some terrible picks.

Oh well. Always next year!

take a look at my d

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Sigarev injured and Zharkov capitalizes as his replacement on the top line. Rakell not Rakelling up the points (1 assist in every games he's played) and apparently shuffled to a secondary scoring line. Lassinanti didn't start (backup started the 2nd half of the back-to-back today). Pretty lackluster day for me.

I changed the scoring from the Lassinanti SO-pull to an OT Loss for 1 point.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Sigarev injured and Zharkov capitalizes as his replacement on the top line. Rakell not Rakelling up the points (1 assist in every games he's played) and apparently shuffled to a secondary scoring line. Lassinanti didn't start (backup started the 2nd half of the back-to-back today). Pretty lackluster day for me.

I changed the scoring from the Lassinanti SO-pull to an OT Loss for 1 point.
I think the one point is fair. A win makes no sense because he didn't win but zero points doesn't make sense either.

Slepyshev picked up a point finally - I was hoping for a big game out of him.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Got a shutout from my goalie. He actually made some awesome saves, including a monster grab in the 2nd, even though it was against Germany. I'll take it though!

I actually think the top 2 goalies in this tournament, based on what I have seen so far, are Gibson and Makarov. That game they had was pretty intense.

You add one of those guys to the Canada team and we have a Gold medal. Not to harp on Subban, but 6 goals against Germany and Slovakia don't earn my confidence. I would start Binnington just about now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->