OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
He was cut from St. Louis because his salary was pretty high and he wasn't needed anymore to make the decisions.

He wasn't cut. He stepped down. He did all he could to turn that club into a contender.

You'd think he would be highly sought after. But Columbus?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Lets not forget the infamous EJ Hradek phrase from the last lockout that was splayed all over the ESPN tickers in late December of that year "NHL Deal Imminent". A few sources were convinced it was over and we all know how that ended up. There's no surprise that EJ isn't covering this years labor dispute.

I'm not going to get excited until its official this time, as far as I'm concernd there won't be hockey this year.

Still hold that against EJ...man was that crushing how he got my hopes up.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Sure, a 66 or 82 game schedule is preferable...but let's be honest here, it's all about the playoffs. That's what we watch the regular season for. As long as we have post-season hockey (and the Rangers are in it) I'm pumped for the season...any season.

I don't even think about the playoffs when I'm watching the regular season games. I have fun watching for the game-to-game enjoyment factor that I get from following my favorite (and only) sports team.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
I don't even think about the playoffs when I'm watching the regular season games. I have fun watching for the game-to-game enjoyment factor that I get from following my favorite (and only) sports team.

i look forward to watching all 82 games. just makes my nights so much better when theres a game on

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Couple tweets over the past couple hours:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Marathon in Manhattan continues. Told lots of caucusing (good word) and the bargaining process remains strong.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Talks still ongoing. From NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly via email, "Still lots of issues unresolved."

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
On contract variance #NHL offered 30% yr to yr but kicker is no yr can be less than 60% of the highest salaried year. #NHLPA wants wider gap

And I absolutely never post anything eklund says, in fact this will be the only time just because he has a "couple" philly sources, and that's still pushing it but just for fun:

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Told the cap next season will be 63. Not 100%, but I have from multiple sources.,,I would say almost 100% that 63 is the number.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I guess these guys stocked up on the 5 Hour Energy. They've been doing this since the afternoon.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
And I absolutely never post anything eklund says, in fact this will be the only time just because he has a "couple" philly sources, and that's still pushing it but just for fun:

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Told the cap next season will be 63. Not 100%, but I have from multiple sources.,,I would say almost 100% that 63 is the number.

So now we know for a fact that the cap will NOT be $63.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
On contract variance #NHL offered 30% yr to yr but kicker is no yr can be less than 60% of the highest salaried year. #NHLPA wants wider gap

Where did this 60% limitation come from? That's pretty restrictive. Next the league will offer 50% yearly variance but require that no year can be less then 70% of the highest salaried year. lol

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So what does that mean? The salary can't change from one year to the next by more than 30%, and that the lowest can't be more than 60% off from the highest?

Example for bolded part: If a player gets paid $1,000,000 in year 1, the least he could get paid in year 2 is $700,000?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
sounds like they're still going at it:

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
That said, the two sides have spent time together thru process today/tonight/this morning.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
For those asking @DougMaclean and I are not thinking of hosting a HC@noon 2am addition anytime in the near future.

from within the past half hour

At least they're having fun with it:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Shoot, sorry I'm missing it. U the goalie? "@SunGarrioch: @ian_mendes @michaelgrange @LouisJean_TVA Playing ministicks in the hallway"

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
From Millard's twitter page within last half hour:

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Hearing 13 hour session has been more typical mediation, rather than face to face talks.Mediator moves between groups with concepts.

Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard
Good news for those waiting for the bargaining session to end. The@nhl will be speaking when the talks end for the night/morning.

Speaking with a podium? :sarcasm:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
10Pm what time zone? It's more of mediation right now, rather than face to face. But that isn't a bad thing.

I'm I Hawaii (Maui) for work. It's been a very rough week weather/work wise... It would be nice to hear hockey is back... Would make everything else seem ok.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Mediator still in meeting but told he's not playing as much of an active role right now.

I'm so tired I fell asleep while standing up an hour ago in the TSN satellite truck.

Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard
Playing stick ball on 6th ave. Just hit a long ball and a cop stopped. Turned on his siren and said through the speaker, home run! Classic

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
This is what its down to for us waiting for #NHL #NHLPA #knuckleheads to come to their senses. 6th Ave stickball @ 3am pic.twitter.com/tBOX7UMD

Pretty funny actually. The photo on Kyper's twitter is funny.

I wonder who's there for the NHLPA currently. Richards is pulling an all nighter possibly.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Can't believe this... Sounds like they're hell bent on getting 50. Mayb it becomes 48 with 2 pre-season games. That would help everyone.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm I Hawaii (Maui) for work. It's been a very rough week weather/work wise... It would be nice to hear hockey is back... Would make everything else seem ok.

I had a feeling it was in the Hawaii area. Had work until late and I don't fall asleep easy as it is. Figured I'd might as well follow along and watch Archer.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Love that show. My DVR is saving it for my return

I'm just watching re-runs on netflix. Getting caught up after all my attention was on The League.

I gotta hand it to Kypreos, Millard, Lebrun, etc for staying awake through this. They really want to hear what has to be said at the end of this. They seem giddy like little kids on christmas day.

Kershaw

Source says both sides "working hard trying to reach agreement on the outstanding issues."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad