2011 World Junior Championship - Marcus Foligno, Canada

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
A bit of an off-topic question but does anybody know why Nick Foligno opted to represent the Americans (when Marcus represents the Canadians)? I know his parents are Canadian and that he has dual-citizenship (I think) but it's something I've wondered recently.

Pyke*

A bit of an off-topic question but does anybody know why Nick Foligno opted to represent the Americans? I know his parents are Canadian and that he has dual-citizenship (I think) but it's something I've wondered recently.

He probably wouldn't have made Team Canada anyway, at the same age.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
A bit of an off-topic question but does anybody know why Nick Foligno opted to represent the Americans (when Marcus represents the Canadians)? I know his parents are Canadian and that he has dual-citizenship (I think) but it's something I've wondered recently.

Nick was asked to join the U.S National Development Team at 16.

I don't know if Marcus was asked and turned them down or if he wasn't asked.

I do know that Marcus was Sudbury’s 2nd round pick in the 2007 OHL Draft when he was 16 and played for them.

I have heard that, prior to his mother passing away, she told him that he was Canadian and that he should always remember that and if given the chance, he should play for Canada.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada has the better looking(!!!) Foligno brother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->