WJC: 2011 U18 World Championship (rosters and general talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Dunno if this is OT, but is there any place online to watch the games?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I'm curious what the final roster of Germany is gonna look like. I just checked the entry list at iihf.com and there was a small number of interesting players on that list.

Tobias Rieder and Nick Latta are probably the most prominent since both play in the OHL. It would be real interesting if Frederik Tiffels was to make the team, although I think it is very unlikely since he won't turn 16 until after the tournament.

Hopefully the team can avoid relegation, but I don't think their chances are too good.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
France leads 2-1 vs Slovenia after 2 in division 1...
After beating Denmark and Ukraine, France could be promoted !
Korea and Poland are really weak to finish this tournament... that would be awesome !

there's a little bozon? :amazed: that's awesome! :handclap:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
he made it. :nod:

http://eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1667

it's the final 22 players roster.

Cool.

Wow, I just saw that they have Oliver Mebus listed at 6'8'' on the iihf website.
At elite prospects he is listed at 6'5''. Anyone know which is closer to the mark?
Either way that is one big kid. I hope he can skate somewhat and knows how to use that size. I guess he is going to be one of the biggest/tallest players in the tournament.

Latex*

I'm really upset that Ristolainen didn't make the team. Here's hoping that he Plays in SM-Liiga next season tho.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Cool.

Wow, I just saw that they have Oliver Mebus listed at 6'8'' on the iihf website.
At elite prospects he is listed at 6'5''. Anyone know which is closer to the mark?
Either way that is one big kid. I hope he can skate somewhat and knows how to use that size. I guess he is going to be one of the biggest/tallest players in the tournament.

it's changed now on EP. during the POs he was listed at 201/6'7 and 94/207. so that should be correct. i personally never trust iihf.com. they have some odd numbers at times.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Cool.

I would say 6´7. Has no mobility and little puck skills... Another tall German D like Meirandes or Haase are better.

Siftak

May 5, 2010
video stream

Does anybody of you know if there is going to be any stream on the internet of any game? Or possible even in German TV?

n1cON

bleeds blue ! ! !
Jun 1, 2010
here & there
Does anybody of you know if there is going to be any stream on the internet of any game? Or possible even in German TV?

Sport1, Eurosport2 and even Sport1+ won´t stream any game of the U-18. That´s damn sad, but I´m lucky to live near Crimmitschau and see some games live. Really excited about saturdays matchup Germany - Russia.

Maybe you´ll be lucky that some other countries send some camerateams and so there´ll be some streams on the net. I hope you know sites where you can find them, if not send me a pm.

And somebody above wrote this:

Fasthockey will stream USA's games, other than that it's not looking good at the moment.

Here's the TV Listings.

Siftak

May 5, 2010
Sport1, Eurosport2 and even Sport1+ won´t stream any game of the U-18. That´s damn sad, but I´m lucky to live near Crimmitschau and see some games live. Really excited about saturdays matchup Germany - Russia.

Maybe you´ll be lucky that some other countries send some camerateams and so there´ll be some streams on the net. I hope you know sites where you can find them, if not send me a pm.

And somebody above wrote this:

I am going there for todays and tomorows match of CZE, but wont probably can see the rest... :( so bad...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It seems that Russian TV Rossija 2 is actually showing the Russia-Slovakia game today-is it possible that there will be a free stream online of this as well?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Fasthockey.com is trying to make all the games available, the following from their Facebook page...

Working hard to get ALL the games from the IIHF World U18 Championships LIVE from Germany. It's a last minute addition to our schedule (and we are working with the rinks on internet issues) but, we are trying to make this happen! Stay tuned!

n1cON

bleeds blue ! ! !
Jun 1, 2010
here & there
Guys you can watch the games in Crimmitschau via stream, as all ETC Fans know it from their homegames.

Here´s the link (also in english)for further informations and the stream. Hope that helps some of you!

Eispiraten Crimmitschau Stream

Edit: Got the message that the stream can only host 130 users, so a quick Login and Registration is required. Good luck all!

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Guys you can watch the games in Crimmitschau via stream, as all ETC Fans know it from their homegames.

Here´s the link (also in english)for further informations and the stream. Hope that helps some of you!

Edit: Got the message that the stream can only host 130 users, so a quick Login and Registration is required. Good luck all!

if only there would be a single word about the costs. ;)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

is it for free?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
It seems that Russian TV Rossija 2 is actually showing the Russia-Slovakia game today-is it possible that there will be a free stream online of this as well?

the game on Rossija 2 is delayed, it's live on sportbox.ru, but only for Russia, I can't watch it from the states, bummer....seems like Russia scored - Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad