2011 Mock Draft

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
#1 Edmonton: Ryan Nugent Hopkins
- They get the best player in the draft who will be a pivitol piece to the ongoing rebuild

#2 Colorado: Adam Larsson
- Too hard to pass on a defender of this caliber, and look to have a good future with an already potent offensive group and two stud d in Larsson and Johnson.

#3 Florida: Gabriel Landeskog
- Ready to step in immediately to help a hurting offensive group. One of many young players who can put the franchise on the right track.

#4 New York Islanders : Sean Couturier
-QMJHL MVP fits well with the islanders who become very deep down the middle when Sean forms a nice 1-2 punch with johnny T.

#5 Ottawa: Jonathon Huberdeau
- A team that lacks any centre depth whatsoever picks up one of the most skilled centres in the draft who would finally give ottawa two very skilled centres.

#6 Atlanta: Dougie Hamilton
- Pick up a valuable asset, who will hopefully be the key ingredient to this team making the playoffs.

#7 Columbus: Ryan Strome
- After picking johansen last year the jackets get another stud center to project a promising future down the middle

#8 New Jersey : Ryan Murphy
- Bpa at this point, won't be disappointed with this Defender

#9 Boston(via Toronto): Sven Bartschi
- Skilled winger will fit in nicely with an already solid forward group

#10 Minnesota: Joel Armia
- Very skilled winger could make large impact, helps a depleted forward prospect group lead by fellow fin Granlund

#11 Colorado(via STL) : Brandon Saad
- Very deep down the middle, and a promising future on d, they round out their nice first round with a big winger who could be dangerous on the pp.

#12 Carolina : Nathan Beaulieau
- add to defensive depth

#13 Calgary : Mika Zibanejad
- Very smart pick for a team who can use some skilled forwards

#14 Dallas Stars: Tyler Biggs
- Bpa at this point, and they are happy he is still available

#15 New York Rangers: Matt Puempel
-take a flyer on a skilled winger who could pan out to be a good scoring winger in the future.

#16 Buffalo: Duncan Siemens
- Can't pass up on such good defender and have a very attractive d group moving forward

#17 Montreal: Mark Mcneill
-Big center put up good numbers could develop into a force down the middle for the habs

#18 Chicago: Niklas Jensen
-Skilled winger, putting up good numbers in playoffs

#19 Edmonton: Jamie Oleksiak
- Huge Defensemen, smooth skating hard to pass up

#20 Pheonix: Mark Scheifele
- put up good numbers with Barrie and helps a pho team who is lacking center depth

#21 Ottawa(via NSH) : Boone Jenner
- Another center who has a nice frame and work ethic

#22 Anaheim : Ty Rattie
- Energetic winger put up good numbers

#23 Tampa Bay: Jonas Brodin
- pick up a much needed defender who is good defensively and can make nice outlet passes

#24 Toronto (via BOS) : Zach Phillips
- Big offensive threat

#25 Detroit : David Musil
- Can afford to take time and develop into great defender

#26 Pittsburgh: Seth Ambroz:
- some wore depth on the wing

#27 San Jose: Scott Mayfield
- Very big well rounded Defensman

#28 Toronto : Daniel Catenacci
-Another center who is speedy and has nice 2 way game

#29 Washington: Joe Morrow
-Bpa at this point and a good fit in washington

#30 Vancouver: Philip Danault
- Physical winger who will fit in well in vancouver

#

Last edited:

RC46

Jul 9, 2008
if adam larsson is a defenceman teams can't pass up, then why would the oilers do just that with their pick? you also tend to say the player will be a "good fit" for the team drafting them. i think saad at 11 is a bit of a reach, and phillips at 24 seems a little low, i dont think he will drop that far, he has too much talent. and the pens getting wore depth?

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
if adam larsson is a defenceman teams can't pass up, then why would the oilers do just that with their pick? you also tend to say the player will be a "good fit" for the team drafting them. i think saad at 11 is a bit of a reach, and phillips at 24 seems a little low, i dont think he will drop that far, he has too much talent. and the pens getting wore depth?

I meant Larsson can't be passed on at 2nd overall.. I still think Hopkins is better. I think Saad at 11 is fine as is Phillips at 24

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
You're also forgetting the Oilers get the Kings pick, and they would take a Dman if they picked RNH first

I forgot they had their pick, and made adjustments. I also believe they would pick at least one defenseman in the first round.

RC46

Jul 9, 2008
I meant Larsson can't be passed on at 2nd overall.. I still think Hopkins is better. I think Saad at 11 is fine as is Phillips at 24

phillips had almost twice the point saad had and could be argued that those picks could be switched. it has always been said that you build from the crease out, which would make larsson the most enticing option for the oilers. he had been praised as better than hedmen.. rather have larsson shutting down players such as hopkins than having to face him 6 times a night in Col

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I can't see the Leafs drafting 2 centres, but thats just me, I think they will be looking for a offensive centre and a big winger... pwf type.

But I like your projections.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I could live with a first round haul of RNH and Oleksiak, but would prefer Couturier and Musil, if we don't take Larsson first overall

RC46

Jul 9, 2008
I can't see the Leafs drafting 2 centres, but thats just me, I think they will be looking for a offensive centre and a big winger... pwf type.

But I like your projections.

i agree, i dont think catenacci is burkies type of player.

birddog*

Burke has repeatedly said he wants to add size yet almost every HF draft has the Leafs picking smurfs. Won't happen gentlemen.

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010
#16 Buffalo: Duncan Siemens
- Can't pass up on such good defender and have a very attractive d group moving forward

#17 Montreal: Mark Mcneill
-Big center put up good numbers could develop into a force down the middle for the habs
#

Buffalo has plenty of Defensive prospects, and some of them are projected to be very skilled defenders. Based on your projects ahead of Buffalo, they'd be picking McNeill. They are horrifyingly low on center prospects. They will be picking a center unless there is a huge difference between the BPA and the BCA (best center available).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad