WC: 2011 IHWC Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Nice trailer, looking forward to next year. Planing to go and watch a couple of Norways games in Kosice. Slovakia is a great country to travel to, friendly people, lots of beautiful buildings, cheap food and cheap beer.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Nice trailer, looking forward to next year. Planing to go and watch a couple of Norways games in Kosice. Slovakia is a great country to travel to, friendly people, lots of beautiful buildings, cheap food and cheap beer.

?!? you already know where they will play? austrian sources already announced the groups but said its not clear yet if if they play in Bratislava or Kosice...

anyways, looking forward to it!!:handclap:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
?!? you already know where they will play? austrian sources already announced the groups but said its not clear yet if if they play in Bratislava or Kosice...

anyways, looking forward to it!!:handclap:

There´s nothing official yet, but A and D should be played in Bratislava and B and C in Košice. Obviously the organizators are happy about this, because it should mean sold outs not only for all Slovakia, but also all Czech games if they play in Bratislava, and when finished the Bratislava arena will have slightly bigger capacity than Steela Arena in Košice. Sucks for Austrian fans though as it means they´ll probably have to travel extra few hundreds of km to Košice.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Group A-D play together the same with B-C. The home country always play in the main arena. Slovakia is in group A. Thus Group A-D in Bratislava (main arena) Group B-C in Kosice (second arena).

I`m just going by the way IIHF has organised the tournament the lates years.

Analyzer*

I kind of hope and don't hope at the same time that Slovakia has a lot of their stars there. Put on a good show. :D

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
I kind of hope and don't hope at the same time that Slovakia has a lot of their stars there. Put on a good show. :D

It's in their home country, the Slovakians will definitely have their strongest possible roster (except for injuries and players still in the playoffs of course)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the retired guys come back for it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad