*********** 2011 Free Agency **********

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't really understand the issue - if you read it as Sunday night then you got your offers in on time. If you read it as Monday night and submitted after Sunday, I still don't see the issue, as nobody in any official capacity is denying or rejecting the submissions that are occurring today. So, what's the fuss again?

Same here. It's not like there is an advantage of any sort. And even if there was, there isn't, because any team can re-submit new offers by 3:00AM EST on July 12th.

That's what I'm gonna do. Got a few doozies, too.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
With just 20 minutes to go I have received offers from 29 teams and the one team that didn't submit has stated that they were not. So I am starting to figure out signings now and obviously if anything comes in to me in the next 20 minutes I'll have to make the proper changes should the new offers change anything. So good luck to everyone.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
With just 20 minutes to go I have received offers from 29 teams and the one team that didn't submit has stated that they were not. So I am starting to figure out signings now and obviously if anything comes in to me in the next 20 minutes I'll have to make the proper changes should the new offers change anything. So good luck to everyone.

Sleep is for the weak, huh Jon? :D

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
LOL.

Take your time, boys. Cross those T's and dot those I's. If you need another set of eyes in reviewing, you know where to find me.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
LOL.

Take your time, boys. Cross those T's and dot those I's. If you need another set of eyes in reviewing, you know where to find me.

Thanks Matt

We will be doing a mini lottery today in order to determine the signing of a player that got max years and max term in order to allow us to move onto the players lower down on priority orders.

We may "televise" live - regardless we'll do it over video so everyone can see it how it happened. Stay tuned for further details.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Thanks Matt

We will be doing a mini lottery today in order to determine the signing of a player that got max years and max term in order to allow us to move onto the players lower down on priority orders.

We may "televise" live - regardless we'll do it over video so everyone can see it how it happened. Stay tuned for further details.

Wow... someone in this FA class was offered a max deal? And by more than 1 team? Oh boy...

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I didn't bit over $1 million on anybody, but if I had to guess I would imagine that somebody offered full term to either Marty or Selanne. Virtually no risk involved in those contracts. Both players based on past play will be rated highly until they retire more than likely. With our ratings being essentially a "year behind" current NHL action when it resumes, there exists little risk in a player that seems on the cusp of retirement but posted incredible numbers the previous year.

If either player stinks up the joint, they probably retire. But even if they don't, then they have at best one more year to hang around on your roster. Neither player will see year 3 of those contracts.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I have a question. Why do we allow players after a certain age to sign max contracts? Anyone can just offer a player at say age 39 (I chose my age since I'd be retiring soon after a long hall of fame career) a max 4 year / 32 million salary then be awarded the player and then walk away after said player retires the next season. That team now has no obligation to pay any salary and probably just stole a player by offering a longer contract that they knew they would most likely not have to fullfil.

I say once a certain age is reached and a player is a UFA only 1 year contracts be allowed. Just a thought.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The lottery will occur later this afternoon - time still TBA -

You can find the lottery at www.imeet.com/hfnhl

I'm there on and off during the day testing - but I'm working today if I dont' respond. Also this is not the undrafted free agent lotto - just the Brodeur lotto.

M

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->