2011 forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I'm noticing "management" is having a love affair with players from the 2011 team.
They earned the Cup that year and deserve respect for there accomplishment.
My major concern here is the fact that "management" is not making the necessary adjustments to improve this team year after year.
I understand they are trying to keep this "core" together but it seems like the "core" is a little to large.

Why is Kelly still here?
Why is Soupy still here?
Why is Mcquade still here?

I like these players, I really do but this is a buisness and if we replace these guys with our rookies we clear the cap space we need without having to look at our real "core" of players. These Stanley cup champions have trade value I've seen worst traded, pull the trigger already.
Why are the lines not changing?
Predetermined lines b4 training camp is the regular.
Give Danny P a chance to move up, put Marshy down a line let them earn there spots. If Bergy is our best center for a stretch then give him the wingers to get the job done.
Things are starting to get stale quick and I do not want to see what happened to Vancouver happen to the Boston Bruins.

Thoughts?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
This team could have an entirely different look if they changed the damn lines.

Lucic Bergeron Erikson
Marchy Krejci Smith
Kelly Soda X

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So after winning the Stanley Cup and going back to the Stanley Cup finals last year and losing in the 2nd round this year, we're all of a sudden going stale?

We've had drastic turnaround since winning the cup...I guess it's time to just rebuild? ;)

BLOW IT UP!

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
So after winning the Stanley Cup and going back to the Stanley Cup finals last year and losing in the 2nd round this year, we're all of a sudden going stale?

We've had drastic turnaround since winning the cup...I guess it's time to just rebuild? ;)

BLOW IT UP!

No just need to get rid of dead weight.
We have two bottom centers who are getting older and need to be moved, one has already lost his center position.
Lines need to be changed we need to adapt and grow as a team.
Little but necessary tweaks and possible buy outs need to stop slowing us down.
The hard decisions need to be made.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
How do you do it?

And even if you could how could you help the cap?

By trading Kelly and Soupy and filling there spots with example; Spooner and Fraiser we free around 4 million in cap space.
This is an easy way to free up cap space while keeping us fresh.
Losing a fourth line center and a third line wing isn't going to hurt us that bad even if they fail miserably, which I don't think they will.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
By trading Kelly and Soupy and filling there spots with example; Spooner and Fraiser we free around 4 million in cap space.
Losing a fourth line center and a third line wing isn't going to hurt us that bad even if they fail miserably, which I don't think they will.

My question is in regard to you saying buy him out.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

The devil is in the details, son. You know, pesky little details like Kelly has a No Trade Clause in his contract and HE CAN"T BE BOUGHT OUT BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED AND HASN'T BEEN CLEARED TO PLAY YET!!!!!!!

Stick around a little more and you may learn something. :shakehead

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The devil is in the details, son. You know, pesky little details like Kelly has a No Trade Clause in his contract and HE CAN"T BE BOUGHT OUT BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED AND HASN'T BEEN CLEARED TO PLAY YET!!!!!!!

Stick around a little more and you may learn something. :shakehead

Oh, you went and ruined it. :laugh:

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
I agree that some guys like Kelly , Soupy and Quaider can go. I don't want to go the buy out route because they are all moveable contracts. Shed the salary and get a pick coming back. At this point I am not concerned if it is a 3rd round or better but just shed the cash. We have plenty of plas in the systm who just need a chance.

Is Kelly fast ? Yes but so Is Spooner.
Is Campbell a warrior ? Yes but so is Fraser and Flortek
Is McQuaid not replaceable ? I do believe Millar has already done so.

Make the moves and throw in Caron as well. At least 6 guys other than the names I have mentioned can come up and accomplish what he did.

4 to 5 million off the books. Pull the trigger Peter. :deadhorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad