2011 entry pick- sleeper picks

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I there,

I was wondering who's the best of the following player's. Remember there all sleeper prospects.

Gabriel Bourret
Gustav Bjorklund
Mac Engel
John Gaudreau
Eddie Wittchow
Steven Fogarty
Mike McKee
Michael Zajac
Colin Sullivan
Jesse Forsberg
Jeremy Boyce
Matej Stransky
Johan Sundstrom
Dillon Simpson
Maxim Shalunov
Frank Corrado

wich prospect have a chance of getting drafted ? Also who's the best prospect from that groupe? Also if anyone else got a sleeper pick then let me know in this thread.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I really like three of those guys....

- Dillon Simpson. Good bloodlines, good mobilty, good toughness. Still put up decent numbers playing against guys that were as much as 5-6 years older then him in the NCAA this year. If he slips into the 4th round it's a major mistake by teams to pass on him.

- Jesse Forsberg. Was supposed to be a super high profile pick from the dub this year but has been lost in the shuffle, mostly due to odd skating and a lack of offensive production. Still tough as nails and can defend. Will likely be a third rounder.

- Max Shalunov. No personal viewings, but he's a big kid with some solid hands. Russian factor, as usual though.

I also really like Stransky as a major sleeper. Not a very good skater, but really elevated his game down the stretch and into the Blades playoffs. A big body who protects the puck very well. Also had some of the best 1 on 1 moves of any player I have seen in the WHL this year. Major consistency issues though.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Oscar Klefbom. I know projected 1st rounders aren't usually sleepers in the traditional sense, but he reminds me a lot of a younger, better-skating Douglas Murray. Not as good a hitter as Murray, but both are 6'3, physical feisty d-men that will probably end up with an A on their jersey or possibly a C on some teams.

Also, Stuart Percy.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
What about Mac Engel ?

This kid was a back up for the Spokane Chief and still manage

13 Win-8 L- 3 T- 4 So-2.30 GAA-.909-2 ass.

need more info!!

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Forsberg will go miles ahead of where CSS ranked him.
He will have a good pro career........smart player.

I saw Simpson play live about 40 times with the Saints.
Not much offense in his toolbox and skating needs to be improved....that being said he has a good compete level and alot of upside.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Ty Rattie, is projected to be a 2nd rounder in most mocks but I think some team will take him earlier (like Toronto) and he will become a very solid player.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Ty Rattie, is projected to be a 2nd rounder in most mocks but I think some team will take him earlier (like Toronto) and he will become a very solid player.

He's a pretty hard player to project, hes anywhere from 15-40,

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Forsberg will go miles ahead of where CSS ranked him.
He will have a good pro career........smart player.

I saw Simpson play live about 40 times with the Saints.
Not much offense in his toolbox and skating needs to be improved....that being said he has a good compete level and alot of upside.

Not much offense? I assume you know he ran the Saints powerplay as a 16 year old and they won the league championship. I think he had like over 10 goals that year and won the leagues best defenseman as a rookie.

His skating is bad admittedly and always has been, probably always will be. Making good decisions offensively on the point along with his poise and composure are his calling cards.

I agree that Forsberg is an awesome player though, his game is perfectly suited for the pros. He is so tough and moves decently well, he can bring the energy the same way a guy like Peckham does.

I also think Alan Quine could really break out offensively next year for the Petes. With Puempel and Watson both coming back likely he will have some good numbers next year and killed penalties at Hlinka and U-18s.

I like Scarlett and Lowry on the Broncos as well, lots of potential there. They are who I want the Oilers to pick in the third round but don't think they will last that long. Swift Current is another young team and a ton of that Broncos team is '92s and '93s so I think they will have a big year next year and those two will be leading the charge and really explode.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
wheres matt puempel, shane mccologan, tyler biggs, dan catenacci,

How are these sleepers at all? The prospects you just listed have been discussed ad naseum here and are all fairly high profile and have been followed for years.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
How are these sleepers at all? The prospects you just listed have been discussed ad naseum here and are all fairly high profile and have been followed for years.

I thought sleeper meant picks projected outside of the 1st but might still go in the first, sorry if I was wrong

On a side note, check out Brayden Rose and Zach Bell

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
My sleeper is Ryan Sproul. It s becoming impossible to figure out where he will get picked. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go early 2nd round and same goes for as late as the 4th round. I say this having watched most of his home games this year too.

As an Oiler fan, I honestly wouldn't be upset if we picked him with the 31st overall, he has come along that well. I would do backflips if we got him with our 3rd round pick, but think he will be gone by then.

GM17*

Curious how Bourret will play in regular minutes on a weaker team in Chicoutimi.

Lier X Agerate

Avs and Wolves
Oct 7, 2008
Justin Sefton. You'll never get more than 20 pts from him, #5 D-Man. A poor man's Luke Schenn. Tough as nails, blocks shots, great positioning and pokecheck. Point shot is good but he doesn't use it enough.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
How about Jean-Gabriel Pageau? Unranked by CSS. Led the Gatineau Olympiques in scoring (season and playoffs). Style eerily similar to Daniel Brière. Small but feisty.

Oilmageddon*

How about Jean-Gabriel Pageau? Unranked by CSS. Led the Gatineau Olympiques in scoring (season and playoffs). Style eerily similar to Daniel Brière. Small but feisty.
He will be drafted for sure completely owned Couturier in the playoffs he definately improved his status by some scouts. I could see him going in the fourth round with a team taking a flyer on him.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Curious how Bourret will play in regular minutes on a weaker team in Chicoutimi.

Guillaume Cloutier found himself in a near identical position at the middle of the season (a draft eligible going from league leading Saint John to weaker Chicoutimi).

When Cloutier was with Saint John, most of the scouts I talked to had pretty high thoughts for him. Took care of business in his own end, made a solid first pass, played pretty mistake-free hockey.

But when presented with a larger role with Chicoutimi, some bigger flaws showed up, which ultimately might hurt him come draft day.

I'm wondering if Bourret might have a similar fate (they are completely different players with Bourret a puck-moving defenseman and Cloutier a stay-at-home type). He won't have guys like Despres and Beaulieu to clean up for him, nor will he be getting weaker even-strength minutes behind the big dogs.

GM17*

Opposite was the Gelinas case. Seems to have much more confidence of Devils fans since his arrival in Saint John, will be nice to see a year of Albany before he makes a jump to be sure it's not the inverse situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->