2011 Draft

Aristocles14

Aug 27, 2003
London, Ontario
Visit site
I know this topic has been talked about in the past but now that we are in past the mid point in the NHL season and the prospect game is over, what do you think of the 2011 draft class? I remember people saying that it was a weak year back as far as 2009, so have the prospects been able to reverse those comments in your eyes or did they predict this one correctly?

How do you think the 1st round prospects in 2011 (listed below by ISS mid term rankings) compare to those of recent drafts? Stronger, weaker? Is the fact that we don't have an established #1 guy speak to the quality of the draft or the average to weak nature of it?

ADAM LARSSON
RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS
GABRIEL LANDESKOG
SEAN COUTURIER
RYAN STROME
RYAN MURPHY
DUNCAN SIEMENS
DOUGLAS HAMILTON
BRANDON SAAD
NICKLAS JENSEN
JOEL ARMIA
TYLER BIGGS
DAVID MUSIL
VICTOR RASK
ALEXANDR KHOKHLACHEV
MARK MCNEILL
DMITRI JASKIN
MATTHEW PUEMPEL
JONATHAN HUBERDEAU
TY RATTIE
VLADISLAV NAMESTNIKOV
SCOTT MAYFIELD
MYLES BELL
SVEN BARTSCHI
ROCCO GRIMALDI
TOMAS JURCO
MATTHEW NIETO
COLIN JACOBS
DANIEL CATENACCI
RICKARD RAKELL

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Because there is no clear cut #1, people think its a weak draft.

However, there is a lot of depth to this draft and I think it will produce many very skilled NHL players.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I know this topic has been talked about in the past but now that we are in past the mid point in the NHL season and the prospect game is over, what do you think of the 2011 draft class? I remember people saying that it was a weak year back as far as 2009, so have the prospects been able to reverse those comments in your eyes or did they predict this one correctly?

How do you think the 1st round prospects in 2011 (listed below by ISS mid term rankings) compare to those of recent drafts? Stronger, weaker? Is the fact that we don't have an established #1 guy speak to the quality of the draft or the average to weak nature of it?

ADAM LARSSON
RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS
GABRIEL LANDESKOG
SEAN COUTURIER

RYAN STROME
RYAN MURPHY
DUNCAN SIEMENS
DOUGLAS HAMILTON
BRANDON SAAD
NICKLAS JENSEN
JOEL ARMIA
TYLER BIGGS
DAVID MUSIL
VICTOR RASK
ALEXANDR KHOKHLACHEV
MARK MCNEILL
DMITRI JASKIN
MATTHEW PUEMPEL
JONATHAN HUBERDEAU
TY RATTIE
VLADISLAV NAMESTNIKOV
SCOTT MAYFIELD
MYLES BELL
SVEN BARTSCHI
ROCCO GRIMALDI
TOMAS JURCO
MATTHEW NIETO
COLIN JACOBS
DANIEL CATENACCI
RICKARD RAKELL

I think this draft is weak with elite talent, but as far as depth goes, its stacked.

As a Bruins fan I would be ecstatic if we drafted any of the bolded w/ the Toronto 1st...and I think theres a very good chance we get a top five.

ruski17

Jun 7, 2010
Montreal
I think this draft is weak with elite talent, but as far as depth goes, its stacked.

As a Bruins fan I would be ecstatic if we drafted any of the bolded w/ the Toronto 1st...and I think theres a very good chance we get a top five.

As a habs fan, I hate you. :rant: :sarcasm: But mostly Toronto!

Aristocles14

Aug 27, 2003
London, Ontario
Visit site
How do you think the top three in this draft compare to 2010? Guys like Skinner and Fowler have been pretty impressive thus far. In my keeper league I took Fowler 6th overall when many guys passed on him becasue he dropped in the draft. Do you see anyone like that for 2011?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How do you think the top three in this draft compare to 2010? Guys like Skinner and Fowler have been pretty impressive thus far. In my keeper league I took Fowler 6th overall when many guys passed on him becasue he dropped in the draft. Do you see anyone like that for 2011?

Ryan Murphy has a shot at that. He'll probably go somewhere between 6-10 overall, or at least that would be my best guess.

I don't think the draft has the same amount of high end talent as last years to be honest. Depth wise it's probably a bit better in all honesty, but I would have a hard time taking any of the top prospects this year over any of the top 8 + Fowler from last year.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The top 30 is much better than last year which makes 2011 awesome. I do see the depth falling off in the later rounds though.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
For the people that watch Murphy alot. Is he really that good?

I watched him play last night against the Generals. And he did not seem like a real threat to be a top prospect. He is small and easily knocked off the puck (it seemed). Many people say he would emerge kinda like Ryan Ellis. but Ellis seems like he is heads and shoulders above this guy; has the better shot, vision and overall toughness for a smaller defender.

Maybe he was just on a off night. Although he did get 2 assists. But rarely was noticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad