2011 draft NHL ready players

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I did a search and did not find a thread like this, so point me to the correct one if there is.

These are the players I think have at least a decent shot at playing in the NHL next season from this draft:

R. N-H - He maybe has a size issue, but has been putting on weight and should be fine at the season start, although it doesn't look natural, maybe trying to do too much too soon, he eludes checks ala the Great One, I don't see the NHL being a problem for him, it's really hard to not put the #1 pick in right away.

A. Larsson

G. Landeskog

S. Couturier

M. Puempel

S. Bartschi

Add whoever else you think could make it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Larsson, Landeskog, Cooter and Zibby are most likely players to make NHL roster next year.

RNH isn't going to be ready to go next year, unless they want him to get killed out there. And Gretzky and RNH in the same sentence makes me wonna puke.

Last edited:

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Larsson, Landeskog, Cooter and Zibby are most likely players to make NHL roster next year.

RNH isn't going to be ready to go next year, unless they want him to get killed out there. And Gretzky and RNH in the same sentence makes me wonna puke.

hmm....not zibby

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I did a search and did not find a thread like this, so point me to the correct one if there is.

These are the players I think have at least a decent shot at playing in the NHL next season from this draft:

R. N-H - He maybe has a size issue, but has been putting on weight and should be fine at the season start, although it doesn't look natural, maybe trying to do too much too soon, he eludes checks ala the Great One, I don't see the NHL being a problem for him, it's really hard to not put the #1 pick in right away.

A. Larsson

G. Landeskog

S. Couturier

M. Puempel

S. Bartschi

Add whoever else you think could make it.

Really?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I've read that too, but why do you think that?

I'm not gonna claim to be a draft expert, I honestly haven't even seen him play.

It just seems that he had a good year in Sweden, but point wise he has room to improve. If he stayed another year and played more minutes, he would be more ready to jump into the NHL in 2012-2013.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

why? because he's only 170? just watch him play NHL hockey next year!! Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis of the Buffalo Sabres didn't get killed last year and both of them are pretty small players! and the so called experts have only made vague comparisons to Gretzky, not direct comparisons.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
why? because he's only 170? just watch him play NHL hockey next year!! Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis of the Buffalo Sabres didn't get killed last year and both of them are pretty small players! and the so called experts have only made vague comparisons to Gretzky, not direct comparisons.

The difference being Ennis and Gerbe each had at least one pro season against men under their belt before becoming full-time NHLers.

A guy as slight, not small, as RNH would have a tough time making the jump from playing against kids, to men. But for a comparison of a player who had a great rookie season who was also not very physically mature was Patrick Kane. I think he came into the league at like 165-170lbs.

As for players that could make it next year I'll say:

Larsson
Langdeskog
Couturier
RNH (think he'll spend 1 more year in the dub, to bulk up)
Hamilton

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
The difference being Ennis and Gerbe each had at least one pro season against men under their belt before becoming full-time NHLers.

A guy as slight, not small, as RNH would have a tough time making the jump from playing against kids, to men. But for a comparison of a player who had a great rookie season who was also not very physically mature was Patrick Kane. I think he came into the league at like 165-170lbs.

As for players that could make it next year I'll say:

Larsson
Langdeskog
Couturier
RNH (think he'll spend 1 more year in the dub, to bulk up)
Hamilton

Burmistrov I think was about the same size as N-H last season when it was over, and he made it, they both packed on pounds.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

the fact is we just don't know who will have success as a rookie straight out of junior and who won't. i really have never believed that build has much to do with it, it's if you are mentally ready that counts, if you are, then you'll play in the NHL, if not you won't. Taylor Hall and Jeff Skinner both stepped right in, and i believe it was because they were ready mentally moreso than physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->