2011 Draft - My Top 10

R S

Sep 18, 2006
So OP was the point of this thread a Top 10 mock draft or another STL/COL trade discussion?

Both I would assume. You can't just throw false, blanket statements out there without someone raising an eyebrow.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Yeah, I think it's partly my fault. My bad again Isles I'll stop.

No. Like RS said "you can't just throw false, blanket statements out there without someone raising an eyebrow." The OP gave his opinion, and you gave yours. I don't see how its your fault. I would say its the OPs fault actually.

Zach and Slater

Jan 17, 2004
Alberta
Talk to me in 2 years when Johnson is a stud dman, which I'm convinced he will be with his attitude and work ethic, and Stewart is a run in the mill 25-30 goal winger who floats and doesn't give full effort every night and Shattenkirk is another undersized dman that is easily pushed off the puck by all the bigger forwards. Plus the Avs have another 1st coming their way what if the Avs get someone like Seimens in the trade as well.

You can't judge a trade after 15-20 games especially since the players are so young and the remaining draft picks haven't even been made.

Or you could go off of what people around the league say about him which is that his attitude and work ethic along with his hockey sense aren't that great. But hey, I'm sure you're around the team all the time.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Yes blaming that trade on the avs tanking is nonsense, and i love the trade, it gives eachteam exactly what they needed, and there will be no winner for a few years, and even then i think it will be arguable as i think stewart will be a 40/40-50/50 producer in his prime, shatty will put up rafalski like numbers, and EJ will be the #1 guy we know what mcclement is, and we dont know who the pick is yet

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
As a Wild fan, I'd love the draft to go like that. While the thought of dealing with a RNH-Hall combo and playing against Larrson for the next ten year is scary, drafting Huberdeau at #8 would help a lot of the Wild's offensives woes.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I find it funny how people keep writing this guy off at the age of 22. Where was Weber, Chara and Keith when they were 22?

You aren't the first person to say that he doesn't have the head to be elite but it's ridicules IMO. His hockey sense is fine, the Blues fans were complaining about how he couldn't get his shots through and they chalked it up as poor hockey sense but he as improved immensely since the last 10 games or so. Johnson's biggest problem is that he tries to do too much but he will learn to simplify his game and he will become a force. I mean 22 year old defender doesn't have faults? I know I'm not going to change your mind about Johnson by talking, you'll just have to watch Johnson play.

*Avs fan deep down trying .... not... to ... respond......gahhhh*

Defenceman- First 3 season's point totals​

Rob Blake- 125
Dan Boyle- 112*
Tomas Kaberle- 107
Erik Johnson- 101
Sergei Gonchar- 99**
Zdeno Chara- 91***
Brent Seabrook-86
Duncan Keith-84
Shea Weber-70
Chris Pronger-69
Jack Johnson-58

* Boyle's totals are over his first 6 seasons due to games played.
** Gonchar's are over 4 seasons due to games played.
***Chara's are over 6 seasons due to games played.

But yes, at the age of 22, he is damaged. Bary Trotz even compared him to Shea Weber/Eric Brewer with positive things to add. But hey, what does he know compared to you right?

/ derailing thread.

Sorry OP but you started a flame war.

I've got no particular hate on for Johnson or the Avs, but I simply don't see the elite level potential some of you are citing. I didn't see it when he was drafted and I don't see it now.

At least when he was drafted, he was an elite level skater (which was sufficiently covering up his deficiencies at the time), but even that has been compromised due to his injury.

All that said, I can agree to disagree. Best of luck to you guys for him becoming Pronger v2.

With all due respect, you don't know that....

Why do I even bother coming on here anymore lol

Fair enough, but I thought it was inherently implied that we are all expressing our opinions on here. Is an "imo" a required disclaimer for every post? Is it not obvious enough?

Back to topic...

Last edited:

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
9) Blue Jackets - Siemens

the Jackets are doing back flips to get their PMD offensive future PP QB D-man

Am I the only one who saw this??? Either he mixed Siemens up with Murphy or everything i've read about him is wrong...

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Pretty good list, but I'd take Strome and Huberdeau over Hamilton and Murphy. And I wouldn't take Biggs in the top 10.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Am I the only one who saw this??? Either he mixed Siemens up with Murphy or everything i've read about him is wrong...

Agree. Siemens will not make his living as a puck moving dman. But I could still see him going to CBJ

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
Well they're both out of the playoffs right now. Difference is when the avs made that trade they no they weren't making the playoffs, the Bluees thought Stewart's offense would take them over the top and make a playoff push. At the end of the day both teams didn't make the playoffs but going into next year I would rather have a #1 defender than a first line winger. Also my bad Isles for derailing the thread.

I would take the 1st line winger and the great offensive d-man (who has been better in his short time here than EJ ever was) over your potential #1 defenseman any day.

Positioning and being able to lay the wood come with age and EJ will get that, but his 10 turnovers a game isn't something you just grow out of.

And someone said something about his great attitude? I admit to not hearing from him in Colorado but the attitude was never too great here.

If you want to play the game where we talk up the players our teams received and belittle the players we traded, I would be happy to plead the Blues case.

20 games into the trade, the Blues win easily. Is it stupid to judge that early? Of course it is. But not any more idiotic than saying it has been an even trade.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
At first I thought this COL-STL trade bickering was derailing the thread, but after re-reading the OP, I see the debate was initiated.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would take the 1st line winger and the great offensive d-man (who has been better in his short time here than EJ ever was) over your potential #1 defenseman any day.

Positioning and being able to lay the wood come with age and EJ will get that, but his 10 turnovers a game isn't something you just grow out of.

And someone said something about his great attitude? I admit to not hearing from him in Colorado but the attitude was never too great here.

If you want to play the game where we talk up the players our teams received and belittle the players we traded, I would be happy to plead the Blues case.

20 games into the trade, the Blues win easily. Is it stupid to judge that early? Of course it is. But not any more idiotic than saying it has been an even trade.

If you want continue talking about the trade, make a thread about it or use the thread on the avs board. You haven't been shy of going of there to dump on EJ.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010

Who cares if it's an even trade or not after 2 months?
It's like saying Skinner should've gone first overall because he has scored more points than Hall in their rookie season...

Besides, it doesn't matter if Shattenkirk pans out a better defenseman than EJ,
because the Avs still have Hunwick, the future stud dman of the NHL.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad