GDT: 2011 Draft Day Thread

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Grimaldi is really starting to intrigue me.. If we can get the 16th from buffalo, I'd take the risk in him

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
fan960robkerr

#Flames have made offers to Pardy and Babchuk both scheduled to be UFA's.

Didn't think this was worth its own thread. I'd love to have Babs back if we are moving Regehr.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Great news.. Hopefully both sign, we'll need help with the impending departure of regehr

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Not sure we needed Pardy with both Mikkelson and Carson. If Babchuk doesn't re-sign, and the Regehr trade goes through... Our defense is looking like:
Bouwmeester-Giordano
Sarich-Carson
Brodie-Pardy
Mikkelson

:help:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'm really hoping The Anton will grace us with his presence some more. But seriously, I really grew to like the guy last season so I'm hoping he takes the offer given to him, especially since it is likely we will lose Regehr.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I really like Pardy when he isn't injured. That stretch where we had to go without Reggie he was our best defense man by far for at least 2 of the games. Ask Toronto fans what they take of him after our game against them.

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
Disagree, we have 5-6 forward prospects with a decent NHL chance right now, Nemisz, Bouma, Wahl, Howse and his Czech buddy, and Reinhart. Our only D prospect with an NHL chance is looking like Brodie right now. The departure of Erixon, Babchuk, maybe Regehr, Sarich has 1 more year. We desperately need defense now and in the future unless Gio-Bouwmeester are going to play 45 mins a night.

Agree with your analysis, but I would take Jonas Brodin instead of Beauliau or Murphy.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Hypothetically, if we get Buffalo's first rounder I'd like to grab a defenseman and a forward. I was telling Gelinas (the user, obviously) earlier today that I would want:

Forwards:
Schefiele
Armia
MacNeill
Phillips

Defense:
Murphy
Brodin
Siemens

One can dream, right?:sarcasm:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Anyone else feel we are going to grab a goalie relatively early on? I'm guessing 4th round (I'd guess third if we had one lol)

Edit: Also, anyone else listening to the Fan960 clips with Feaster and Conroy? Conroy especially leads me to believe the Flames are not against drafting Grimauldi. Especially with repeated reference to height in his interview.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
Just a quick question: Aside from TSN TV channel where else could I watch the draft tonight? I know it's not a huge event where many channels will be covering it, so online streams or any other TV channels available??

Let me know if you got anything. Thanks, guys. :]

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
Bright sight from a Flames perspective: there seem to be good Samaritans in the market place who take on horrible contracts.

Last edited:

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
I have a hunch we are gonna be shocked by whose available at #13, and even more shocked when we pass on them.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad