2011 Draft Combine Thread

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Will Myles Bell go, considering everything that is going on with him.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I like the goalie invites.

When will the rest of the list, with players from other leagues, be completed and made public?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Swedish players invited:
Rasmus Bengtsson (D, Rögle)
Jonas Brodin (D, Färjestad)
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (LW, Timrå)
Max Friberg (W, Timrå)
Kalle Johansson (D, Brynäs)
Oscar Klefbom (D, Färjestad)
Gabriel Landeskog (W, Kitchener (OHL))
Adam Larsson (D, Skellefteå)
Joachim Nermark (C, Linköping)
Rickard Rakell (RW, Plymouth (OHL))
Victor Rask (C, Leksand/Färjestad)
Mika Zibanejad (C, Djurgården)

Source

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Will Myles Bell go, considering everything that is going on with him.

Just because of the injuries I can't see him being ready to go by the end of the month.

On the topic of the list, Oke and Tesnik seem out of place, haven't seen either of them ranked in a top 60 to my knowledge so bit surprised to see them. Theres others too but because of the Saint John factor I'm wondering.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Heard Myles broke his leg in the accident, probably won't be able to make it

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
The combine list was released Monday- http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=561762

Keep in mind it is not really an "invite list".
It is based on NHL Central Scouting final rankings.

For the most part you could create 99% of the list just by referring to the final rankings.

Oke was ranked #44 so obviously is at the combine......Tesnik #47....same story.

Houser was ranked near the bottom of the NA goalies at #19 so obviously not included.

Based on requests from NHL clubs and or data from the Exact Sports diagnostics a player or 2 may be added.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

For the most part you could create 99% of the list just by referring to the final rankings.

Oke was ranked #44 so obviously is at the combine......Tesnik #47....same story.

Houser was ranked near the bottom of the NA goalies at #19 so obviously not included.

Based on requests from NHL clubs and or data from the Exact Sports diagnostics a player or 2 may be added.

See I thought these lists were always based off requests from NHL teams.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

It has to be based on more than the top 60 CSS list because theres players who aren't top 60 CSS that are there, Rieder for one.

E: NVM is top 60 CHL so that explains it.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Swedish players invited:
Rasmus Bengtsson (D, Rögle)
Jonas Brodin (D, Färjestad)
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (LW, Timrå)
Max Friberg (W, Timrå)
Kalle Johansson (D, Brynäs)
Oscar Klefbom (D, Färjestad)
Gabriel Landeskog (W, Kitchener (OHL))
Adam Larsson (D, Skellefteå)
Joachim Nermark (C, Linköping)
Rickard Rakell (RW, Plymouth (OHL))
Victor Rask (C, Leksand/Färjestad)
Mika Zibanejad (C, Djurgården)

Source

Strange that William Karlsson wasn't invited, no? Or is he just outside the CSS list for Europe?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
The list is based off of Central Scoutings final rankings.
Where it gets a little "iffy" is the NA vs Euro rankings....skaters vs goalies etc.

Slight blending/massaging is done.

In addition a few players can be added based on NHL teams requests and or from the diagnostics that each and every player ranked has completed and been tabulated by Exact.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
note- the diagnostics are basically an IQ test....include:

-mental diagnostics
-lifestyle psychology
-sports psychology

also address conditioning, height, weight, training etc. etc.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
NHL Draft Combine

Starts May 30th, takes place in the Toronto Congress Center.

Can anybody just go to this? I know it isn't exactly something you can get tickets for but I'm wondering if anyones tried to go before.

Last edited:

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Samu Perhonen won't be attending the Future Olympic Lions camp held in two weeks because of an injury. This might also mean that he won't be doing some of the physical tests at the Combine next week. I wonder if anyone here knows whether he was already injured during his play at the WU18C's or not.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
No Shane McColgan (Kelowna Rockets, WHL)? He played in the CHL Top Prospects Game and was once thought to be a top 10 or surefire first-round draft pick? Now he misses the cut for the combine? What's up with that?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
No Shane McColgan (Kelowna Rockets, WHL)? He played in the CHL Top Prospects Game and was once thought to be a top 10 or surefire first-round draft pick? Now he misses the cut for the combine? What's up with that?

Shane ranked at #125 among NA skaters therefore does not qualify for the combine.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Is the combine going to be televised in the US? I saw it was going to be on TSN in Canada.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
These players being made available to the media on thursday night:

Sean Couturier, Dougie Hamilton, Jonathan Huberdeau, Adam Larsson, Gabriel Landeskog and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

I'll be there all 3 days and another HP staff member will be there on Friday and Saturday

The first group being tested starting at 8:30 am is:

BIGGS, TYLER GRIMALDI, ROCCO MAYFIELD, SCOTT
MCNEILL, MARK NUGENT-HOPKINS, RYAN OLEKSIAK, JAMIESON
SHAW, LOGAN SHORE, NICHOLAS

The last group on Friday starts at 4:30pm and the last group overall satrts at 12:30pm Saturday.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Hopefully Zibanejad will be there and have a great showing. I say this as a Bruins fan for two reasons:

1) Hopefully a team will grab him in the top 8, leaving someone like Murphy or Hamilton to Boston.

2) If he's there at 9, I think there is a good chance the Bruins take him. They're always looking for a big-strong centerman, even though they're pretty stacked down the middle. Seguin might be taking up a permanent spot on the wing.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Hopefully Zibanejad will be there and have a great showing. I say this as a Bruins fan for two reasons:

1) Hopefully a team will grab him in the top 8, leaving someone like Murphy or Hamilton to Boston.

2) If he's there at 9, I think there is a good chance the Bruins take him. They're always looking for a big-strong centerman, even though they're pretty stacked down the middle. Seguin might be taking up a permanent spot on the wing.

Zibanejad was invited so I expect hes going to be there. If hes drafted by the Bruins I think he becomes our 2nd highest center prospect behind Spooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->