2011-12 Fighters by Team

Root

Feb 22, 2010
got to add Boychuk, Horton and Ference to the Bruins. Ference and Boychuk only fight a few times a year but are both good fighters. Horton had 7 fights this year i am pretty sure. if your going to add guys like colin fraser and michael blunden you have to add those guys.

also Regeher and maybe Kassian for the sabres and possibly schenn for the flyers.

BacklundtoBartschi*

got to add Boychuk, Horton and Ference to the Bruins. Ference and Boychuk only fight a few times a year but are both good fighters. Horton had 7 fights this year i am pretty sure. if your going to add guys like colin fraser and michael blunden you have to add those guys.

also Regeher and maybe Kassian for the sabres and possibly schenn for the flyers.

2-3 a year

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA

Maybe Horton. We'll see, it's the first time of his career that he fights so often.
Boychuk have a carrer-high of 3 fights this season.Same thing with Ference with 4.

To be on the list you must fight at least 5-6 times per year or to be a great fighter like Chara or Doug Murray.

If I add all players who fights 2 or 3 times per year this list will be too long and not representative

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Ottawa is gonna be awesome to watch this year. Take a run at one of our skilled guys and you got Konopka Neil Carkner and Smith coming after you. First time in a long time we wont get pushed around.

avs1986

Feb 2, 2010
Ottawa is gonna be awesome to watch this year. Take a run at one of our skilled guys and you got Konopka Neil Carkner and Smith coming after you. First time in a long time we wont get pushed around.

Yah, that Kenopka signing was a really good under the radar move. Not only going to be one of the toughest teams in the east, but possibly the best team on the draw as well.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Maybe Horton. We'll see, it's the first time of his career that he fights so often.
Boychuk have a carrer-high of 3 fights this season.Same thing with Ference with 4.

To be on the list you must fight at least 5-6 times per year or to be a great fighter like Chara or Doug Murray.

If I add all players who fights 2 or 3 times per year this list will be too long and not representative

again, Horton fought 7 times this year and fought some very tough guys, don't think there is any excuse not to put him on the list. i know this is the first year he has fought so often, it is also the first year he has played for the Bruins, i expect him to keep on fighting unless the concussion is still bothering him next year, and i doubt that because he already has stated he feels good.

Ference fought four times, and as a d-man that is pretty respectable. he beat some guys pretty good and took on guys bigger then him. again if there are guys like Blunden on the list who aren't even nhlers and are terrible fighters then i don't see why Ference isn't on the list.

Boychuk i can understand even though he is a good fighter as well.

BlacknGold77*

Boston
:bruins
HW : Zdeno Chara
HW : Shawn Thornton
Greg Campbell
Milan Lucic
Adam McQuaid

you forgot a couple of Bruins

Johnny Boychuk
Andrew Ference

and while he isnt a fighter, if challenged Nathan Horton wont hesitate to drop em and is pretty damn good at it

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Not that I am aware of... but that doens't mean much. I am only basing it upon the quality of competition and the fact that Scott seldom - if ever - fights guys his own size. And no disrespect is meant to Scott, but the fact is MacIntyre was top two with Boogaard around. Now that Boogaard is no longer with us, well...

Boogaard's passing may have been the beginning of the end for players of his ilk. With no Boogeyman around, teams no longer need a MacIntyre. Perhaps we'll witness a return to old time enforcers... guys that can play the game, hold people accountable, and not only fight by appointment. I would be all for this... I really like MacIntyre, but what is the point of having a player like him if he'll only fight a handful of others in the league - and to be fair, only a handful of others would dare to fight him. The Boogaards, MacIntyres, etc., may be going the way of the dinosaur (a fitting comparison, on a few levels).

Given Sutton's comparable size, and the fact he fights at close to the same level as Scott, he may be a more fitting match-up for Big Jon. I am not claiming Sutton would win, only that I don't think Scott is in MacIntyre's league.

If we are indeed witnessing a return to a more well rounded type of enforcer, one to police the ice, I like Boston's chances with Thornton. Albeit, the Oilers aren't too bad off with Hordichuk - both are old school sorts of players who know their role.

A return to Old Time Hockey? I hope so.

i hope you're right. unfortunately it's a copy cat league so if someone wins a cup with Parros or Scott then others will surely follow.

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
Yah, that Kenopka signing was a really good under the radar move. Not only going to be one of the toughest teams in the east, but possibly the best team on the draw as well.

Not to mention that it looks like Ottawa probably will also have
Jared Cowen 6'5 220 lbs 5 fights in the WHL last year
Colin Greening 6'3 215 lbs 6 fights in the AHL last year

Ottawa is going to be fun to watch if you're a fight fan :naughty:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

agreed! cant wait to watch them this season! hopefully I can catch a game now that the Jets r back! will be split between my Neil jersey and the new Jets one I am going to get eventually.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Other than a 9 fight season in the AHL a few years ago, Weber (Buffalo) only drops about 3 times a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad