2010 Top 10

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
You guys heard of Gunnar Stahl Jr.?

Three years old, 3'1" and 52 lbs.

This kid is going places; he was potty-trained late but already draws beautifully and can even read a little. Should top out at 9-foot, 350 lbs. and could put up about 500 points a season.

Look this draft is only 3.5 years away, these players will be getting drafted to junior as early as this year comming up so kids like this are already on alot of peoples radars.

Another point to make is this is a prospect board, I know people love hearing about the same old prospects everyday like Schremp and Malkin and such but you know what prospects go beyond that its one thing to know players that are already scouted and talked about, its another thing to know players to look out for down the road.

So this is the prospects board, if you don't like post like this then don't click on them. Cause I know you comment was to make fun of how young these kids are and we are talking about them, but you know what I like talking about drafts down the road, there is only so much a person can handle hearing about hte same prospects everyday.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Look this draft is only 3.5 years away, these players will be getting drafted to junior as early as this year comming up so kids like this are already on alot of peoples radars.

Another point to make is this is a prospect board, I know people love hearing about the same old prospects everyday like Schremp and Malkin and such but you know what prospects go beyond that its one thing to know players that are already scouted and talked about, its another thing to know players to look out for down the road.

So this is the prospects board, if you don't like post like this then don't click on them. Cause I know you comment was to make fun of how young these kids are and we are talking about them, but you know what I like talking about drafts down the road, there is only so much a person can handle hearing about hte same prospects everyday.

:handclap: Great post, I completely agree...and if those of you who think it's far away, then just don't post post like "My neighbours sonson is really great, I've seen him in the backyard prcticing some sick moves. Heck, I think he could be a first round pick in 2023." It's just so uneccesary.
It's really interesting to read about possible stars of tomorrow, and see how they develop.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Chill your grits, my friend... I won't claim to know a lot about prospects. I respect your hobby or employment or whatever it may be. You're right, I was being facitious, but not necessarily toward you; it was not in response to the discussion a couple of you were carrying on.

I was also under the impression that 2010 was way too early to begin projecting. I guess in some cases we can have a heads up on the marquee players a few years in advance, but look how they all fall off the map. Understand, though, that I'm not a prospects expert.

Sorry if I offended you. :)

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Chill your grits, my friend... I won't claim to know a lot about prospects. I respect your hobby or employment or whatever it may be. You're right, I was being facitious, but not necessarily toward you; it was not in response to the discussion a couple of you were carrying on.

I was also under the impression that 2010 was way too early to begin projecting. I guess in some cases we can have a heads up on the marquee players a few years in advance, but look how they all fall off the map. Understand, though, that I'm not a prospects expert.

Sorry if I offended you. :)

I'm not affended by any way...I believe it's very early too, and even beginning projecting these players future is impossible and pretty worthless right now, as you said.

doogie24

Jan 27, 2009
Ontario
Just stumbled on this thread when trying to look up Chase Bailsy...

its funny how people still rag on any post with a draft thats 3 years away, but look at the names dropped here and how accurate some of the posts were. Fowler, Granlund, Merrill, and a few others. Interesting stuff.

knivez

Jul 28, 2008
Mikael Granlund -Forward-Laser HT (Finland)
Maxim Kitsyn—Forward—Metallurg (Russia)
Cam Fowler—Defense—Honey Baked (USA)
Jon Merrill—Defense—Little Ceasers (USA)

Ben Duffy—Forward—Halifax Macs (Canada)
Chris Dart—Forward—Halifax Macs (Canada)
Riku Härmä—Goalie—Karpat (Finland)
Kirill Lebedev—Forward—Mettalurg (Russia)
Guan Wang—Forward—Shattuck (USA)
Alex Noel—Forward—Moncton (Canada)

Good call. :handclap:

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
Seriously, good on scoutman1 for naming anyone that far in advance.
On another note, Ben Duffy...what happened?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Those 4 were obvious to anyone looking around back then. Granlund was a force in Finnish junior C a year before this thread came around. Russian posters were hyping Kitsyn big time as the 14 year old who had practiced with pros. Fowler was always viewed as one of the best in his age group and Merrill was playing up a year and dominating. Anyone with an interest to look around the web could have seen these guys coming.

Want some proof? Come back to this thread a few years from now and watch me drop Canadian Alex Forsberg, Swede Viktor Crus Rydberg, Slovak Patrik Koys and Americans Hudson Fasching, Taylor Cammarata and Steve Santini. They'll be getting hype as top 2 rounders just like the others before them. And I don't proclaim to be a scout like some others around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->