GDT: 2010 Spengler Cup Champions: SKA St. Petersburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Should be a good game between canada and davos both are 1-0 and the winner gets a bye to the semis.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Part of the reason it is unheard of is because the last few years sportsnet has not done a great job on broadcasting it.They would show canada's games plus the final.Tsn will be showing all of canadas games plus all the play off and medal games.

Exactly! I watch it every year. I love it. But Sportsnet did a horrible job in the broadcasting of the tournament. They would show Canada's games which wouldn't be many like 2 or 3 and then the final. But the final would be 2 or 3 days after Canada's last game so I think most people forget that it's on. TSN plans on showing all QF, SF and the Final. I'm glad TSN got the rights to this tournament cause now it'll allow the tournament to get some big recognization in the country and probably a bigger audience on a national scale.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Go Canada Go!:handclap:

Didn't get to see the game, are they still using those early-90's looking Canada jerseys? Any idea as to why they wear those and not the current ones?

The team and tournament in my opinion is technically not supported by Hockey Canada so they have to use a different looking jersey I think. Even though Bob Nicholson has come out and has given recognition and his public support for the Canadian players that go over and play in that tournament. I think the only way the current Canadian jersey can be used is in any of the World under (17, 18, 20 Tournaments) and World Championships.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
The team and tournament in my opinion is technically not supported by Hockey Canada so they have to use a different looking jersey I think. Even though Bob Nicholson has come out and has given recognition and his public support for the Canadian players that go over and play in that tournament. I think the only way the current Canadian jersey can be used is in any of the World under (17, 18, 20 Tournaments) and World Championships.

It is listed on hockey canada web site so it may not be 100% l supported by hockey canadan they are behind it.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
i thought it was an entertaining game

have been much more excited about this tournament than WJC U-20. especially this year for some reason. might be because theres not much big names on the junior squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad