GDT: 2010 Spengler Cup Champions: SKA St. Petersburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Both are fixed, thanks.:)

The Treille one was my bad. The misspelling of Čajánek wasn't my doing though, for whatever reason the Spengler Cup site has it spelled wrong.

I've seen misspelling of non-Russian names playing in KHL many times, it happens quite often. Reason is simple - people who convert names from cyrillic don't know original right spelling so they use their imagination :)

pouskin74*

Actually there was a game last week between Russia U-20 and Spartak Moskau. so we already had that match-up.

You just missed a good opportunity to lose a decent amount of money. :sarcasm:

it was just meaningless game for Spartak. so i wouldnt take that too seriously.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I've seen misspelling of non-Russian names playing in KHL many times, it happens quite often. Reason is simple - people who convert names from cyrillic don't know original right spelling so they use their imagination :)

yes, and when you look at players´s profile at khl.ru, you can find players origin name if he is non-Russian,

example

Demitra http://www.khl.ru/players/16916/
Sotnieks http://www.khl.ru/players/15279/
Verot http://www.khl.ru/players/14902/ (there is mistake, he is Darcy)

Thoresen http://www.khl.ru/players/16249/

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Today's Box score

Genève-Servette HC 1- 3 SKA St. Petersburg

SKA Goal (0-1; 04:00): Yashin (Sushinskiy, Martensson)
Servette Goal (1-1; 07:00): Bezina (Trachsler, Randegger)
SKA Goal (1-2: 41:00): Yashin (Martensson, Sushinskiy)
SKA Goal (1-3; 58:00): Martensson (Sushinskiy, Yashin)

HC Davos 4-2 HC Spartak Moscow

Davos Goal (1-0; 06:00): von Arx (Guggisberg, Taticek)
Davos Goal (2-0; 11:00): von Arx (Taticek)
Spartak Goal (2-1; 27:00): Ruzicka (Radivojevic, Zheldakov)
Spartak Goal (2-2; 32:00): Knyazev (Ryazanov, Lapenkov)
Davos Goal (3-2; 48:00): Sykora (Forster, Arx)
Davos Goal (4-2; 54:00): Taticek (Guggisberg, Arx)

Last edited:

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Spartak first goal was scored by Stefan Ruzicka and Reto last name is Von Arx. :)

As for the matches, disappointed Geneve wasnt able to take down SKA for the second time this year, I hate seeing SKA win matches.
As for Spartak, they deserved the loss, played so poor in the first period until they got a 5 on 3 then they finally started to play but were still being out chanced by Davos. The 3rd period was entertaining and Suglobov completly messed up wide open in front.

All in all, a good win for Davos.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
those have got to be some of the ugliest jersey sets ever

couldn't they just have every team bring their regular jerseys and then slap on the ad stickers

Why'd they split up Weinhandl and Martensson. and put Weinhandl with Cajanek

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
interesting that the oil released JDD to play in this tourney.

They let Dubnyk play a few years ago, since he was with WBS and not playing many games. Could be because Messier and Moores are coaching, could be a continuation of always encouraging their players to suit up for Canada when asked (World Championships for the last decade the obvious example).

It would take a pretty major level catastrophe for Deslauriers to be recalled to Edmonton this year, so I don't think they're too worried. It's not like he's exactly been stellar in the AHL so far either.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Spartak first goal was scored by Stefan Ruzicka and Reto last name is Von Arx. :)

As for the matches, disappointed Geneve wasnt able to take down SKA for the second time this year, I hate seeing SKA win matches.
As for Spartak, they deserved the loss, played so poor in the first period until they got a 5 on 3 then they finally started to play but were still being out chanced by Davos. The 3rd period was entertaining and Suglobov completly messed up wide open in front.

All in all, a good win for Davos.

Thanks.:)

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
I meant that TSN seems to have it on mute. Before the game when they were reporting rinkside you couldn't hear a thing because the crowd was so loud.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I'm watching it on the swiss channel, they usually have some mics near the crowd but at the Spengler Cup it's always like watching a NHL game, total silence.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Go Canada Go!:handclap:

Didn't get to see the game, are they still using those early-90's looking Canada jerseys? Any idea as to why they wear those and not the current ones?

VladNYC*

God Spartak is SUCH a bad team! Why are they here? They suck like this in the KHL too. Should be relegated to the Vishaya League

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
God Spartak is SUCH a bad team! Why are they here? They suck like this in the KHL too. Should be relegated to the Vishaya League

They wanted to expand the tournemant for what ever reason that is why there taking part.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
I mean there are 15 teams better then them in the KHL. Why THEM? Yuck!

i doubt that top-clubs like SY Ufa, Ak Bars, Magnitogorsk would like to participate in this.SKA is here because of Medvedev

Spartak was a joke yesterday, as well as this season too.Such a shame a great franchise adn doing so poorly (not just team play but everyaspect of organisation is so awful)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->